Code of Conduct

Default Polo Blue or Allure Sport?

Gentlemen,

I am mostly a lurker on this sight and have learned a great deal from all of your expertise. The question I would like to pose is this, In your opinion which is the better scent of these two. Keep in mind that I do like both scents but don't like to change up that much so I don't really want to go back and forth between the two. Also, longevity is also very important as I usually do not have the opportunity to re-apply midway through the day. Any opinions that you have would me greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Polo Blue or Allure Sport?

I think ultimately it is you who must decide. I like both. The judgment about the quality of a scent is subjective, so it just boils down to your taste. Welcome aboard.

Definitely up to you ...

I can't stand either ...

Welcome to Basenotes!!! I hope you continue posting as more opinions expand our views on different scents. Between these two, I would have to vote for Polo Blue. Allure Sport just doesn't stand out to me. To me it smells like "just another cologne". The cucumber note in Polo Blue makes it unique. I've also received many compliments from it. In terms of longevity, it helps a lot if you spray on your shirt aside from your skin. On my skin it lasts 2-3 hours. On my shirt it lasts into the following day.

If longevity is important then I'd definitely suggest Allure Sport - it's far more longer lasting and better sillage. I like both but wouldn't want to choose between either since they are in different categories of fresh. Polo Blue is good for slower more meditative calm days when you just want to take it easy, Allure Sport is more appropriate if you feel like leaving an impression, IMO.

I prefer Polo Blue, however I cant smell it on my skin a mere 1hr later.

Allure Sport all the way. I have to flip what Tdog says, Polo Blue smells SSOOO generic to me, like drugstore aftershave. Allure Sport at least has something going on, it has some oomph. Id say Allure Sport will turn heads

Polo Blue.

Allure Sport..One of the best summer-scents. It's pretty similar to Geir, too..

Both are nice but Allure Sport is a lot more interesting in my opinion. Lasts longer too. It's actually on the top 10 here in DK now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Allure Sport all the way. I have to flip what Tdog says, Polo Blue smells SSOOO generic to me, like drugstore aftershave. Allure Sport at least has something going on, it has some oomph. Id say Allure Sport will turn heads
    Yep. That's how I feel too.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

of course, SPORT!!!
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

It depends whether you like more fresh or sweet...Blue is oceanic, more fresh and natural. Sport is way much sweeter and sensual, but could be even cloying if you overdo.

Summa summarun, I recommend Yatagan. ;D

those two scents are so different that I find them hardly comparable. Polo Blue is fresh and reviving, Allure Sport is pepperish and sweet at the same time.
    For longevity purposes, Allure Sport wins, hands down.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

A woman's opinion? Polo Blue.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Are you kidding? Allure Sport my friend!!! Polo Blue is the mass deodorant of the US nation at the moment. Tell the world you know what refinement is all about and sexiness is more than smelling like you stepped out of the shower!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Both are on the weak side for me. Polo Blue is simpler; but I'm not sure I like Allure Sport's complexity for what it is. Allure Sport definitely has more character, but I find its character changes so rapidly and dramatically that wearing it regularly during the day seems to me a strange proposition.

Forced to choose between the two for regular daily wear, I'd pick Polo Blue.
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

I was let down by Allure Sport after having smelled the wonderful Allure pour Homme. Polo Blue is a little anonymous, but the cucumber note makes it worth owning.

Allure is more interesting, but could be hard to wear (cloying sometimes) BLUE

I will agree with others.....You must make this choice. Both of these scents are fantastic IMHO.....I prefer Polo Blue!!! For me it is the better of the 2...
    Gary

Why So Serious?

Wow, such a tough choice! Allure Sport is an excellent sport scent, but for some reason the top notes remind me of ADG. Polo Blue is my most complimented summer fragrance, so i'm gonna go with Polo Blue.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Allure Sport!

The problem is, if you want to get noticed, most girls that I know prefers a straight forward fragrance. Most of them could careless about complexity or depth of a fragrance. I am not saying that girls dont appreciate perfumes with character, depth and complexity. In my experience, the most straight forward, unoffending,soft fragrances do get notice more than complex fragrances, especially at the office.

Try this experiment. Go head and bring your lady friends to the mall, ask them to smell simple fragrances such as l'eau par kenzo, burberry brit, armani mania, polo blue/black, Gucci Rush, Higher Dior, Dior Higher versus Creed GIT, Tabarome Millesime, Chanel Antheus, L'Instant De Guerlain,Allure Sport. I bet the concensus is for the simple, lighter fragrance.

So, I vote for Polo Blue. I got some free Shower gel and the girls think it smells great. And just get the small bottle first.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47