Code of Conduct

Default Tell me about oranges

What is your all time favorite orange-based man's fragrance?

And why?

Thanks,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: Tell me about oranges

My favourite is Neroli by Czech & Speake: It is formulated from oil of the flowers of the orange tree. I like the bitter orange accord. Napoleon was even purported to have worn a similar formula.

I learnt that Castile from the Penhaligon's range is similar, but I can't comment as I'm yet to sample.

Other(s):

L'anarchiste by Caron: The beauty of the mystery of Metallic oranges.

Let your nose be your pilot

Hermes D'Orange Verte Concentree ... I just wish it lasted longer. The perfect orange scent IMHO.

Every other orange scent I've tried smell synthetic to me.

Bigarade Concentrée is my favourite orange. The start is just perfect, with bitter and zesty orange topnotes, with just a little sweetness. Very unique indeed. Drydown is a bit enigmatic, I don't know if it's just my perception or is the actual scent different from time to time. Sometimes the cardamom note takes over, that can be a bit off putting. But when this unfortunate event doesn't happen, you can smell pepper and just a little hint of rose and hay, it's spicy and warm but not too heavy.

Van Gils Classic has dirty, filthy, a bit tainted oranges. I like it.

(Orange is actually named to be one of the basenotes, so it isn`t just my imagination)

Diptyque Eau D'Elide is a unique combination of bitter orange and lavender. Anyone who has not tried this is missing out on one of the best fragrances out there!

For just straight orange, Happy for Men. Otherwise, Knize Ten (I get a persistent mandarin note out of it.)
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Gotta put in my favorite, Creed's Orange spice. When it's fresh, it is a great combo of a very "wet" orange and warm spices. When it goes a bit "off", it gets a little soapy smelling, but still lots of orange, I like it both ways! I also love bitter orange from Agraria, and it's very reasonably priced too! Both of these last much longer than the Hermes (which I love), it didn't even last 15 minutes on me, very disappointing!

Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    For just straight orange, Happy for Men.
    I totally concur. The shower gel is out of this world, as well. And, the stuff really does make you happy! I think they must infuse it with SSRI's or something.

My fav orange that just toppped the list is Agraria's Bitter Orange. I haven't tried the cologne yet (am very curioous), but the air diffuser and potpouri are absolutely heavenly. [smiley=engel017.gif]

another vote for frederic malle bigarade concentree bitter orange and then some and again imo the creed orange spice is often overlooked and underated

Well, you gotta wait a little to get it, but the drydown of the new Moschino Friends smells like orange, and it's beautiful

My favorite orange scent is Trumper's Portugal.

Rick

Eau d'Orange Vert, Hermes.
    It smells great, but doesn't last very long...

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=Vicomte de K link=1138781874/0#6 date=1138803644]For just straight orange, Happy for Men.
    I totally concur. *The shower gel is out of this world, as well. *And, the stuff really does make you happy! *I think they must infuse it with SSRI's or something.[/quote]

I just ordered some HfM; cologne and aftershave because of this thread/posts and the BN reviews. Couldn't get the shower gel. Hope my blind purchase works out as I, being born-n-raised in Miami, Florida many moons ago, love the scent of Oranges .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Happy smells very fake to me as well, like Kool-Aid orsomething. The Hermes is great for straight up no nonsense Tropicana commercial orange, but I like Eau Sauvage best.

For me the choice is L'Anarchiste.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    For me the choice is L'Anarchiste.
    --Chris

L'Anarchiste definitely has orange in it, but I have difficulty saying that it's an orange scent... To me, it is more about the other notes, and that metal thing is love/hate...

Isaac