Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Tuscany / Habit Rouge / Black Jeans?

Found a UK site that has these in stock, Which one shall i go for?

Default Re: Thoughts on Tuscany / Habit Rouge / Black Jean

In my opinion, Black Jeans is the winner of the group.

Black Jeans is discontinued, so it's hard to find sometimes.

Personally I love Black Jeans. Its over the top in the typical Versace way. It smells very arrid. I discovered this stuff one night while at a nightclub, perusing the bathroom attendants drobe which was laid out across the sinks. I tried Black Jeans, and it was love at first sniff. It kind of had an 80's smell to it, and as such I like wearing it to 80's nights at clubs. Definitely a fave for me.

Tucany I've never tried. Habit Rouge has its rabid fans, but this scent never did much for me. Its not bad, and while many would consider it a classic, against my trashy discontinued Black Jeans- I just think Black Jeans has more fun!

"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

I was swaying towards black Jeans. Whatís the Longevity like? And is it similar to anything else out there?
    If its suitable for clubbing thatís cool with me. Would I be right in assuming that Tuscany and Habit rouge may be for the more Mature gentleman? Donít ask me why, I just have that image for some reason.

Habit Rouge without a shadow of doubt!

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120737.html
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Precious_fragrance
    I was swaying towards black Jeans. Whatís the Longevity like? And is it similar to anything else out there?
    If its suitable for clubbing thatís cool with me. Would I be right in assuming that Tuscany and Habit rouge may be for the more Mature gentleman? Donít ask me why, I just have that image for some reason.

You're pretty correct in your assessment of Habit Rouge as being on the mature side. I think Black Jeans is a great clubbing scent. It's clean and fresh-and totally different from all of the aquatic scents out there. I describe it as having notes that remind me of iris and suede and juniper. The longevity, I've never had problems with. Off the top of my head, I don't find it similar to anything.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Awesome. While youíre at it...

http://www.sendmescent.com/ProductsL...tion=Gentlemen

Any other good recommendations? Under £30 of course.

Many thanks.

Although *Tuscany* and *Habit Rouge* (in its various incarnations) are both excellent fragrances, I'd go with *Black Jeans* if you're looking for a fragrance that is a little more contemporary. It's basically a very complex, full-bodied scent. It reminds me somewhat in the top and middle notes of *Rive Gauche Pour Homme*--both literally and also figuratively, in the sense that it's sensual in the same way as *Rive Gauche Pour Homme* is. An added benefit is that it dries down to a beautiful vetiver-predominant basenote accord that has the very same vetiver note found in the drydown of *Lolita Lempicka au Masculin* without, of course, all the associated gourmand notes and the anise. It's my favorite of the Jeans line, and it's a real pity they've discontinue such a fine fragrance.

scentemental

Post Thanks / Like

Black Jeans is my favourite out of these three also. I'm surprised that there haven't been more negative responses - in the past various people have not been favourably disposed towards it.

Like most scents labelled "woody-spicy" at Perfume world, its lasting power is somewhat shorter than standard scents - it's only good for about 5 hours on me, versus the 7 or 8 hours I get out of most others. I think Tuscany would have the better longevity of the three.

A big downside for me of Black Jeans is that I can't wear it around my ladyfriend. She likes it, but she starts sneezing pretty badly from it.
    Renato

Habit Rouge, with black jeans.........and a white T-shirt..........!

Mutually exclusive...........no.

A dichotomy...................perhaps.

Cheers,
    Jim

I love Tuscany, but it doesn't last at all on me. I have ordered the "copy" oil from DSH with hopes that it'll last longer on me...

Isaac

Habit Rouge is my favourite of the three. I agree it's more of a "mature" scent even though I've worn it since I was a teenager. A woman on another board once took her eight year-old nephew to buy him a fragrance and he picked Habit Rouge. Now that's class!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Black Jeans here. It's a great, complex scent which, as scentemental says, reminds me s little of Rive Gauche. I'm not yet familiar enough with Tuscany to comment on it, but Habit rouge is one of my unfavorites; judging from the reactions of most others, maybe I got a bad bottle.