Code of Conduct

Default Creed Original Vetiver

I had to get up early this morning and needed a touch of summer on a cold winter day when I am sporting a deep chest cold.

12 hours ago I spritzed myself with some OV. It is still going strong as I type this message.

I have never received a compliment on OV when I wear it. I'm not sure I "like" it. But do I ever find it intriguing. I've spent half my day smelling myself and enjoying it tremendously.

Sure beats fixating on cold medicine.

Anyone else have a similar relationship with a frag?

G

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Creed Original Vetiver

I love OV, and the only compliment i've ever gotten out of it was that i smelled like clean laundry, which was actually a good thing! ;D
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I have never received a compliment on OV when I wear it. I'm not sure I "like" it. But do I ever find it intriguing. I've spent half my day smelling myself and enjoying it tremendously.
    My diagnosis is that you like it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I love Original Vetiver, my favourite Creed, and it has a place in my top10! Compelling stuff indeed!

Sorry for the lack of knowledge here -- but do a lot of Vetiver scents smell the same? Does Guerlain Vetiver smell similar to Creed OV? Thanks!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    Sorry for the lack of knowledge here -- but do a lot of Vetiver scents smell the same? *Does Guerlain Vetiver smell similar to Creed OV? *Thanks!
    No, not in my opinion! OV is way superior to GV...not even in the same 'game' to my nose ;D In fact, now that you've got me thinking about it, I may put my GV on my Swap list.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Thanks, Lightninrod. My favorite fishing pole of all time is the Berkley Lightning Rod! I have several, love fishing - I'm assuming you do too, ya think with the 6 lb Largemouth in your pic!

Does the OV and GV smell similar as in the Vetiver smell or are they completely different scents?
    Peace ~ Markymark

I tested GV once and I cant hardly remember what it smelt like, its different to OV. *OV smells like a Millionairs soap to me.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I love Original Vetiver but not for its vetiver--I don't get very much vetiver out of it. Guerlain Vetiver seems to have a little bit truer vetiver scent. Guerlain is an enjoyable and adaptable frag

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    Thanks, Lightninrod. *My favorite fishing pole of all time is the Berkley Lightning Rod! *I have several, love fishing - I'm assuming you do too, ya think with the 6 lb Largemouth in your pic!

Does the OV and GV smell similar as in the Vetiver smell or are they completely different scents?

Thanks for noticing but I picked my screen name about 5 years ago when I bought this pickup truck. *It's a 2001 Ford F150 Lightning. *It's very 'quick' in that I ran a 12.531 seconds 1/4 mile in it after I modified it a little. *It comes stock with a supercharger and I increased the boost plus some other mods.

Now my favorite Bassin' rod is this one and that Bass is a 5lber ;D:

I'm still so new to frags that I d/k just what "vetiver" is suppose to smell like so I can't answer your question with any authority. *I just know that OV is my preffered vetiver-based frag.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Nice picture!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Sorry guys, but I'm mystified. I've tested Creed OV several times and have been totally underwhelmed.

It doesn't have much vetiver in it, and doesn't last all that long. Guerlain's and Lorenzo Villoresi are much better in the classy vetiver department, Etro's is less classy but has heaps more vetiver, Azzaro's Pure Vetiver has the most potent sillage. Lanvin's Vetyver, Rocobarocco Vetiver and Malazia Uomo all outlast it. The only vetiver scent I know it does outlast is Carven's Vetiver.

I'm obviously missing something that's grabbed all of you, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's not the vetiver.
    Renato

Creed OV is one of my best warm weather (or any weather, actually) frags. *The scent lasts a VERY long time, and it's also one of my top compliment-getters! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

I am wearing it right now as a sample, and I am toying with a purchase. I'm sitting on the fence. I'm going to give it a few more hours to see how I feel.

I own several Creeds and have sampled many more, but I've never tried OV. I gather it has a lot in common with Mugler's Cologne, which I own. Is that correct? How do the two compare?

^Mugler and OV share the same synthetic GREEN leafy/grassy heartnote, and where Mugler flanks in up top with synthetic transparent citrus and below with synthetic transparent white musks.....Original Vetiver flanks the heart note with very high quality citrus up top, spices and florals throughout the midnotes, and then some woods at the base, and when the woods finally wear off, it goes back to the Green heartnote, then into "laundry musk" territory.

I drastically prefer the masculine/natural take of OV to the synthetic unisex take of Mugler.

Basenotes Plus

Aptly described, DULLAH and I agree.

These 2 are available at vastly differing price points, and the divide over quality is pretty obvious. To my nose the OV is equally unisex and more natural, wears subtly, and has average longevity - that's probably why it suits my tastes rather well. But if you prefer your vetiver earthier, or more masculine, imo better to look elsewhere.

So, what's the verdict, Mr_Castro?

I like most of OV, including the massive cis-3-hexanal note (grass) which is probably my favourite synthetic- it has depth and complexity like a natural. It is light on vetiver and the citrus is nice. It is the big dose of musk right at the bottom which lasts for days that ruins the fragrance for me -i is not that strong smelling but it is a washproof and annoying musk.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I have had a on-off relationship with O-V. I have decided that i like it. I like it because it`s so unique, and very different from rest of the frags in my collection. Perfect for casual spring/summer use..

I love O-V. A classic vetiver.

OV has been my staple frag along with Live Jazz all this Summer. Great frag for the hot weather.

Strongly reminds me of the smell of those fabric softener sheets.
    Seems like a lot to pay for that smell - especially when it doesn't even fight static cling!
    Last edited by Matthew; 15th July 2010 at 01:45 PM.

this may sound strange, but when I don't feel like wearing any cologne, I wear OV.

Sur la Plage

I owned it, but grew quite tired and bored with it - so sold it off.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love Original Vetiver. I hardly ever wear it, but I should, because it's the greenest smelling scent I know. It's probably my favorite Creed, along w/ GIT.

I really like OV, but OV doesn't like me......it disappears far too quickly on me, which is a real shame!!!

I love OV, but I really can't smell any vetiver in it. Don't buy OV looking for vetiver, buy it for a wonderful green fragrance experience. This is the only Creed I've liked enough to purchase. I only have two small complaints, price, and it gets just a tiny bit scratchy when the white musk emerges. I will probably buy a new bottle when mine runs out, and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by JonB; 15th July 2010 at 03:32 PM.