Code of Conduct

Default How do the Bonds rate ???

Hi,
    Can someone please explain to me briefly the Bonds range. I think they are practically unheard of and impossible to get hold of in europe.
    Are they high end ?
    How expensive are they............... [smiley=shocked.gif] ?
    Which are the best ?

Thanks,
    David.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: How do the Bonds rate ???

Well they go all the way from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan ;D
    Couldn't resist

http://www.beautycafe.com/bond_no_9.htm

I can only speak for the feminine scents. Nothing really grabbed me, overall I was underwhelmed, and they are pretty expensive. I have sample of Chinatown, which people thought was a good one, and Bleeker Street, which is the new one. Haven't gotten round to sniffing them yet, no excitement ( or hope) left for Bond #9. The big fav seems to be New Haarlem, but I'm just not a coffee fan, so I haven't sought it out.

Pierce Brosnan.......yes, there's excitement.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I've often criticized modern Creed scents for being nice but uncreative. *The Bond scents that I've tried have gone into uncharted waters here. *Granted I have had limited exposure to the line, but Wall Street is 95% MI and and Hamptons is 98% Silver Mountain water. *I've heard others say there's a GIT clone in there too. *These scents are shameless rip offs of a lot of the Creed line. *This blows my mind. *It's kind of like watching a Celine Dion tribute act. *On the original version, the voice is nice and unoffensive, but uninsipred to say the least. *However, what does that say about the people who shamelessly rip them off? *At least if you're going to rip someone off, try to rip off something inspired not something that wasn't inspired itself. If Creed is uncreative these days, what does that say about the house that is so uncreative that they're ripping off someone without vision? *They're nice, but not worth the price. *

New Haarlem is da bomb and it is not a copy of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    but Wall Street is 95% MI and and Hamptons is 98% Silver Mountain water. *I've heard others say there's a GIT clone in there too. *These scents are shameless rip offs of a lot of the Creed line. *
    That's what the guys from Aedes said too. I found it interesting that the huge 50% off Creed sale is by the same lady who is fronting the Bond lines. I guess she was selling Bond frags at the exclusive Creed store. Just an FYI
    Creed and Bond frags are nice scents IMO, but just not for me.

I've often criticized modern Creed scents for being nice but uncreative. *The Bond scents that I've tried have gone into uncharted waters here. *Granted I have had limited exposure to the line, but Wall Street is 95% MI and and Hamptons is 98% Silver Mountain water. *I've heard others say there's a GIT clone in there too. *These scents are shameless rip offs of a lot of the Creed line. *This blows my mind. *It's kind of like watching a Celine Dion tribute act. *The voice is nice and unoffensive, but uninsipred to say the least. *What does that say about the people who shamelessly rip them off. *If Creed is uncreative these days, what does that say about the house that is so uncreative that they're ripping off someone without vision? *They're nice, but not worth the price. *
    Actually, isn't it sort of like watching the recent incarnation of Journey with that guy who sounds (and looks) like Steve Perry? * ;D

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning...
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    New Haarlem is da bomb and it is not a copy of anything!

Rochas Man. Approx. 92.6562341%
    The Bark Bites Back.

I would say they're so, so, overall. Along with the other comparisons already made, Chez Bond is sort of like GIT (I have both and find them different enough, though), HOT Always is like Givenchy Gentleman (I believe that's the Givenchy one, anyway), and Bleecker Street is sort of like Ralph Lauren Purple Label. I really don't get any similarity between Wall Street and Creed MI, though (some people think it smells like Erolfa, for that matter). I actually think Wall Street is about the most original thing they've done with marine notes, cucumber, leather.

Unfortunately, there appears to be a pattern here, not unlike a lot of other houses. Villoresi is known for spices, and Serge Lutens for thick, omnipresent scents. Bond seems to be more citrus and florals, with a few gourmands in there. I wish they would be creative enough to come out with at least one "daring" scent.
    The Bark Bites Back.

new haarlem is the only one with purchasing IMO. but i've found both creed and bond #9 to be overrated in that they don't last as long as some of my designer faves. Niche brands WORTH purchasing:

L'artisan
    Frederic Malle
    CDG

I've often criticized modern Creed scents for being nice but uncreative. The Bond scents that I've tried have gone into uncharted waters here. Granted I have had limited exposure to the line, but Wall Street is 95% MI and and Hamptons is 98% Silver Mountain water. I've heard others say there's a GIT clone in there too. These scents are shameless rip offs of a lot of the Creed line. This blows my mind. It's kind of like watching a Celine Dion tribute act. The voice is nice and unoffensive, but uninsipred to say the least. What does that say about the people who shamelessly rip them off. If Creed is uncreative these days, what does that say about the house that is so uncreative that they're ripping off someone without vision? They're nice, but not worth the price.
    Very true.
    I own New Haarlem and love it, and for that reason I was so looking forward in trying the above mentioned. Well , I did, and to be honest I was shocked at how much they resembled the Creed ones.Shameless copies indeed and I'm perplexed at how they get away with it. At the same time I smell the quality of the juices, no doubt about that, but a little bit creativity would have been nice. Hamptons is a copied SMW, Wall Street is MI and Chez Bond is GIT. It's like they said, Let's make a SMW, let's make a GIT etc. I could live with it, if she just had been open about it, by saying:"Look, we were inspired by the Creed scents and we wanted to make our version of it". I have to admit I love the smell of Hamptons and WallStreet, but ,man, for that price! Too bad, cause I really like New Haarlem, and I hope Bond will release more exciting perfumes in future. Let's hope they won't make a copy of Creeds original Vetiver, cause that would be a copy of a copy I guess.

Eau de NY and Little Italy are excellent IMHO.

Central Park is pretty unique IMO. Its one of my favorite green fragrances.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

My faves are:

New Haarlem
    Bleecker Street
    Chinatown

I went to the Bond shop in NYC really coveting one of those cute atomizers. You know, the leather-covered ones, and I was just sure I'd find something really good to fill it with. I walked out of there having sniffed everything - a few times - and not really liking any of them. I'll basically echo Shycat in that they were all really underwhelming except for Haarlem, and the coffee bit didn't work for me.

I've often criticized modern Creed scents for being nice but uncreative. *The Bond scents that I've tried have gone into uncharted waters here. *Granted I have had limited exposure to the line, but Wall Street is 95% MI and and Hamptons is 98% Silver Mountain water. *I've heard others say there's a GIT clone in there too. *These scents are shameless rip offs of a lot of the Creed line. *This blows my mind. *It's kind of like watching a Celine Dion tribute act. *The voice is nice and unoffensive, but uninsipred to say the least. *What does that say about the people who shamelessly rip them off. *If Creed is uncreative these days, what does that say about the house that is so uncreative that they're ripping off someone without vision? *They're nice, but not worth the price. *
    Well said! I am also perplexed that Bond is unabashed at their pursuit!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    [quote author=Paul G. link=1138554849/0#3 date=1138593132]

Actually, isn't it sort of like watching the recent incarnation of Journey with that guy who sounds (and looks) like Steve Perry? * ;D

The difference is that Celine Dion, in an America (or Canadian I guess) Idol way, has a good voice. *Just completely devoid of any genuine emotion, feel, or inspiration. *Steve Perry's, and any other future versions for that matter, voice makes my skin crawl. *Again much like the Bond line, *the quality of the scents themselves are good, they're just missing something. *Plus their whole "inspired by New York" theme is a joke. *How does ripping off a British Perfumer living in Paris remind anyone of hanging out on Long Island? *I'll tell you what the first time I smelled MI, I had the urge to go invest immediately! *I think I'm going to start a Designer rip-offs company and say they're inspired by Wichita. *My first one will be taking the "if you like Drakkar, you'll LOVE....." scent and calling it "Shocker!". *A scent inspired by the Baseball team at Wichita State. *I think this idea is gold, Jerry.....GOLD!

[quote author=The Bark link=1138554849/0#6 date=1138600897][quote author=Paul G. link=1138554849/0#3 date=1138593132]

The difference is that Celine Dion, in an America (or Canadian I guess) Idol way, has a good voice. *Just completely devoid of any genuine emotion, feel, or inspiration. *Steve Perry's, and any other future versions for that matter, voice makes my skin crawl. *Again much like the Bond line, *the quality of the scents themselves are good, they're just missing something. *Plus their whole "inspired by New York" theme is a joke. *How does ripping off a British Perfumer living in Paris remind anyone of hanging out on Long Island? *I'll tell you what the first time I smelled MI, I had the urge to go invest immediately! *I think I'm going to start a Designer rip-offs company and say they're inspired by Wichita. *My first one will be taking the "if you like Drakkar, you'll LOVE....." scent and calling it "Shocker!". *A scent inspired by the Baseball team at Wichita State. *I think this idea is gold, Jerry.....GOLD![/quote]

You could also create a duplicate of SMW & call it "White House" to give it some credibility.

I have to ad, my wife likes most generic smelling fragrances and she loved Chez Bond, Wall Street etc.But then again, she loved SMW and GIT also, and she's doesn't like most niche fragrances also.So my mission impossible is finding a niche scent we both like, but that's easier said than done. The only Bond bottle I have (and love) is New Haarlem and she hates that one. :-/, sigh! Too bad for her I guess.

Oh, I forgot to mention , I loved Hot Always ( and yes, she didn't )

Eau de New York is made in the tradition of Annick Goutal's E d'H.[ch8206]
    Great Jones is made in the Tradition of Paco Rabanne PH
    Broadway Nite is crafted in the tradition of Or des Indes by MPG
    H.O.T. Always is inspired by Givenchy's Gentleman
    New Harlem is a funky creation building its modern appeal on Man by [ch8206]Rochas

The above are not replicas. There's a whole new dimension given to each [ch8206]of them. Laurice Rahme, the owner of the Bond house, has nursed a craze for perfume all her life and the above [ch8206]creations are more like tributes to her most loved perfumes.[ch8206]

Little Italy, Central Park, West Broadway, China Town (to mention a [ch8206]few) are precursors.[ch8206]

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom

The above are not replicas. There's a whole new dimension given to each [ch8206]of them. Laurice Rahme, the owner of the Bond house, has nursed a craze for perfume all her life and the above [ch8206]creations are more like tributes to her most loved perfumes.[ch8206]

Little Italy, Central Park, West Broadway, China Town (to mention a [ch8206]few) are precursors.[ch8206]
    Tributes? Its more like making dosh at someones expense...

[quote author=The Bark link=1138554849/0#6 date=1138600897][quote author=Paul G. link=1138554849/0#3 date=1138593132]

The difference is that Celine Dion, in an America (or Canadian I guess) Idol way, has a good voice. *Just completely devoid of any genuine emotion, feel, or inspiration. *Steve Perry's, and any other future versions for that matter, voice makes my skin crawl. *Again much like the Bond line, *the quality of the scents themselves are good, they're just missing something. *Plus their whole "inspired by New York" theme is a joke. *How does ripping off a British Perfumer living in Paris remind anyone of hanging out on Long Island? *I'll tell you what the first time I smelled MI, I had the urge to go invest immediately! *I think I'm going to start a Designer rip-offs company and say they're inspired by Wichita. *My first one will be taking the "if you like Drakkar, you'll LOVE....." scent and calling it "Shocker!". *A scent inspired by the Baseball team at Wichita State. *I think this idea is gold, Jerry.....GOLD![/quote]

I think there's a whole connection here nobody connected on: Bond is to Creed as New York is to... York!
    The Bark Bites Back.

"In the tradition of " , "tributes to" are wonderfull explanations for it, but I'd like to hear Laurice saying and admitting that in the interviews she gave. At least that would explain a lot, or maybe she didn't expect people to notice? I can understand that way of looking at it, but let's be honest. She admitted numerous times in interviews that she hated the way Creeds got on the gray market, and I can totally understand that. From her point of view, that is. She couldn't make money enough anymore when people stopped buying Creeds at her shop cause they could get them much cheaper on E-Bay. So she decided to make her own "Creeds" and sell them for even higher prices. Smart decision.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    "In the tradition of " , "tributes to" *are wonderfull explanations for it, but I'd like to hear Laurice saying and admitting that in the interviews she gave. At least that would explain a lot, or maybe she didn't expect people to notice? I can understand that way of looking at it, but let's be honest. She admitted numerous times in interviews that she hated the way Creeds got on the gray market, and I can totally understand that. From her point of view, that is. *She couldn't make money enough anymore when people stopped buying Creeds at her shop cause they could get them much cheaper on E-Bay. So she decided *to make her own "Creeds" and sell them for even higher prices. *Smart decision.
    smart decision...maybe...think of it like selling a copy at a higher price. Now the only way it would be smart is if the copy was better than the original. The other two scenarios are if the copy is equal and if the copy was inferior.
    I work in the pharmacuetical field so I will relate this to drugs. There are drugs called generics. These are exact duplicates of the name brand and are not sold at a higher price. To command a higher price drugs have to be novel, thus creating higher manufacturing costs and higher costs in gerneral to get it to market. Generics don't have to go through most of that stuff.
    Bond was created in the light of Creed and commands a higher price. From what I have seen, heard and sampled...these scents do not justify the higher cost over an already outrageously priced fragrance.
    Only time will tell if it was a "smart", I'll call it ballsy, decision.

IMO alot of brands pull this crap, not just in the fragrance world. Humans tend to fall for it if you overcharge somethign and call it special. people just like to think their having the "best of the best". Well, luckily for bond #9, their are alot of suckers.

Why So Serious?

Wow, come to think of it Wall Street does smell more like Erolfa than MI, but i've never noticed the similarities with either until i read this post, how interesting.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

[quote author=eric link=1138554849/15#22 date=1138630688] She admitted numerous times in interviews that she hated the way Creeds got on the gray market, and I can totally understand that. From her point of view, that is. *She couldn't make money enough anymore when people stopped buying Creeds at her shop cause they could get them much cheaper on E-Bay.quote]

well she should hate it seeing it happened on her watch...........

[/quote]
    Bond was created in the light of Creed and commands a higher price. From what I have seen, heard and sampled...these scents do not justify the higher cost over an already outrageously priced fragrance.
    Only time will tell if it was a "smart", I'll call it ballsy, decision.[/quote]

I think so, yes.Keep in mind that it's a very new perfume company. Maybe she should not have wanted to release a lot scents at the same time. Originality wise they are not worth the high price. Quality wise I think they are, at least the price could be a bit lower, but I don't want to be negative about the quality of the scents and the packaging is beautifull too. The future will tell.

By the way, I'm sniffing at a Great Jones sample now. Deja Vu time again .( yep, it's Paco Rananne, lol! )