Code of Conduct

Default Jean Desprez 40 Love

Has anyone seen 40 Love in their travels. It came out in the 1980's and dissappeared. I am down to my last few drops and would love for someone to point to a location where it could be found. It was a smashing scent and like nothing I have tried before or since. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Jean Desprez 40 Love

woah, hard enough to get Versailles. Love to try it 8-)

Hi,
    I have *2/3 of a 16 oz bottle of 40 Love. all but impossible to get.It's a beatiful scent (it a bit off because it so old) Of course you know that it's no longer made along with Versailles ph , another lovely scent. *I found mine on e bay for a small fortune.

I recently bought what must be the last bottle in the world . Nothing on this, no infos, no offers, except for one bottle of Afterhshave on ebay. It's a very manly, sexual flowery-dirty-smoky nitroglycerin of a perfume. Unfortunately I've never smelled Versailles pur homme, but this would seem to share many of the notes - jasmin, geranium, leather, moss, musk, labdanum. Burt Reynolds on the bear skin and all that. 40 Love- were they marketing this as a fresh sporty cologne? Only in the 1980s. I say it's a Monstah.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I started my inquiry with this thread over one year ago, and now the_good_life states he found a found a bottle on ebay. By some remarkable coincidence, I too found it on ebay, and I too assumed it must be he last bottle on earth. Happily, it was a mint 100 ml bottle for only 49 dollars. It is well described by the _good_life. I can now retire from cologne collecting.

That's awesome - I'm happy for ya!

Ah, Jean Desprez. Does anyone know the powers-that-be inside the Desprez house?

They are still producing the ladies Bal a Versailles and it's a wonder they haven't thought about relaunching the Versailles pour homme. Please, God!

I am going back to this little village in Tuscany in April. I bought 3 bottles of Versailles and am down to 1. They had Versailles pour homme in stock in 2005. I'll check and see if they have 40 Love and let you know the status.

I wish graffham well on his Tuscan journey and hope he can uncover some Versailles and 40 Love. It really is remarkable that these two fragrances should no longer be in production. I say without reservation that they are two of the finest, most unique mens' scents ever made. This is all the more significant since so many of the scores of new men's fragrances are so similar to each other that we end up just wasting money. I have wasted my share I am sure, having collected 930 bottles. But at least with two reserve bottles of 40 Love and Versailles, I can take a break. Regards

Probably some emission ordinance prohibits the use of perfumes of this kind. Too too strong, too animal. Just wearing 40 Love could be considered sexual harassment. It IS pretty much the olfactory equivalent of those pre-classical Greek statuettes with 3-ft. erections. I mean that as a compliment ROOOARRRR
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham
    Ah, Jean Desprez. Does anyone know the powers-that-be inside the Desprez house?

They are still producing the ladies Bal a Versailles and it's a wonder they haven't thought about relaunching the Versailles pour homme. Please, God!

I am going back to this little village in Tuscany in April. I bought 3 bottles of Versailles and am down to 1. They had Versailles pour homme in stock in 2005. I'll check and see if they have 40 Love and let you know the status.

I have some bottles of Versailles if you're interested let me know.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Just acquired a bottle of Versailles pour homme Eau de Cologne on ebay. Scentemental posted a photo of it in another thread. Is this just a lighter Versailles, or a different formulation?
    My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Just acquired a bottle of Versailles pour homme Eau de Cologne on ebay. Scentemental posted a photo of it in another thread. Is this just a lighter Versailles, or a different formulation?
    Actually, I have both versions and there is a nominal difference. The edt is a spray and the cologne is a 'pour'.

I will hunt for the Love 40 when I'm in Italy. Though I don't if I'll find it.

Just came across this online store in Italy, that actually offers 40 Love EdC:
    http://www.latuaprofumeria.com/catal...ofumi%20Rarita
    My Wardrobe