Code of Conduct

Default Which Unisex Fragrance to buy?

Please vote and comments below.

thanks

Default Re: Which Unisex Fragrance to buy?

It's a close call. But I think MI is a little classier and also more wearable in more situations.

Dzing! will get you noticed, though!

It's a difficult choice, because I own and love both of them. They are hardly comparable, though. MI is certainly more wearable and somehow classier, whilst Dzing! is kind of weird and not for everyone. That said, I voted for Dzing! because it's a scent that resembles no one, and MI has a lot of lookalikes.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Its no contest.... Dzing! all the way!

*IMHO...

..MI SUCKS!!
    It smells good when you first put it on, but after it dries it turns into a boring, foul, nasty odor!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Dzing !
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!

Quote Originally Posted by JP1
    I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!
    Ok... I vote for neither :P

I like MI though I've only tried Dzing! a few times and it was pretty good. MI is a safer one to buy if you haven't sniffed either.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Its no contest.... Dzing! all the way!

MI SUCKS!!
    It smells good when you first put it on, but after it dries it turns into a boring, foul, nasty odor!
    My sentiments exactly. My thoughts on MI went from love to deep hatred. I can't even spray it now without getting sick. Maybe it's just my body chemistry but it started to smell horrible on me after a while.

Dzing! on the other hand, was love at first spray and I still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    MI SUCKS!!
    Hmmm...I happen to like MI.

So, either that means that I have bad taste, or, more likely MI doesn't suck and saying it does is just your opinion and maybe opinions should be stated as such.

But wait! I like Dzing almost as much as MI. Now I'm really confused :-?

I haven't smelled either of these, so I can't say.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Oh! I want Dzing! so bad!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

For me it's an easy choice. MI

I use to really love MI, but lately not much at all, it has something in it that is really bad, also the citrus seems to get sharp during the drydown after the top notes fade.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Millesime Imperial, one of Creed's best frags, IMHO.
    David and Becca forever!!

I can't say I really enjoy either one :'(

Dzing! is unique, sure, but I never feel like wearing it. On the other hand I didn't enjoy the salty note in MI.

Gosh I think I made it a dead tie at 16 each...I voted for Dzing! for the sense that this is quiet and refined and actually tells a &quot;story&quot; when you sniff and visualize. I like MI too, but after the watermelon opening, it turns to some breezy salty scent that doesn't last much longer than 2 hours. As for Dzing!, it wears subtle and close to the skin, but noticeably present and classy with a bit of humor and plays with your olfactory imagination. Choose Dzing! if you might enjoy a sensory experience.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

MI lasted longer on me than Dzing, so I'd go for that. But I've noticed that in other topics and in this one, others have questioned MI's longevity, and others claimed Dzing lasted all day on them, instead of the couple of hours it lasted on me.

My suggestion is to give them a time trial - one on each wrist - the winner gets bought.
    Renato

Calm down buddy, you know how many polls people give comparing this scent to that scent?

Like 20 a day. I can only take so many polls before I just stop responding to them. I rarely respond now unless the person has an obviously tough dilemma and not just throwing it out in the air and say &quot;pik 1.'

It's a matter of what you like, rather than what others do. If people just ignored these two suggestions and instead all agreed for you to buy 3 bottles of Kouros, would you be happy to oblige? Choose what makes you happy and you'll have no regrets later on. Trust me.

Anyway, I happen to like MI, though I have yet to try Dzing!

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    [quote author=JP1 link=1138388324/0#5 date=1138395774]I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!
    Calm down buddy, you know how many polls people give comparing this scent to that scent?

Like 20 a day. I can only take so many polls before I just stop responding to them. I rarely respond now unless the person has an obviously tough dilemma and not just throwing it out in the air and say &quot;pik 1.'

It's a matter of what you like, rather than what others do. If people just ignored these two suggestions and instead all agreed for you to buy 3 bottles of Kouros, would you be happy to oblige? Choose what makes you happy and you'll have no regrets later on. Trust me.

Anyway, I happen to like MI, though I have yet to try Dzing![/quote]

Actually, I didn't vote either. Your topic is &quot;Which Unisex Fragrance to buy?&quot; so I click on it and end up with a poll between 2 scents. One of which I haven't smelled. Should I vote for that one just because I have? In that case, don't make a thread about spoiled milk vs a Bond No. 9 scent cause I know which one I'd have to vote for then.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=JP1 link=1138388324/0#5 date=1138395774]I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!
    Ok... I vote for neither :P[/quote]

I second.

Quote Originally Posted by Propaganda13
    [quote author=chris21 link=1138388324/15#18 date=1138473173][quote author=JP1 link=1138388324/0#5 date=1138395774]I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!

Actually, I didn't vote either. Your topic is &quot;Which Unisex Fragrance to buy?&quot; so I click on it and end up with a poll between 2 scents. One of which I haven't smelled. Should I vote for that one just because I have? In that case, don't make a thread about spoiled milk vs a Bond No. 9 scent cause I know which one I'd have to vote for then.[/quote]

I was in the position as well - I was expecting a bigger list of unisex fragrances and was interested in what people liked out of all the bigger hit unisex frags. And yeah, please calm down, my friend. No one is obligated to respond to anything here

Anyways, I didn't vote either as I've only smelled one of them.

I find MI tolerable, but nothing that I would invest in. In any situation where I might be tempted to wear MI, I have others that I would rather wear, for various reasons.
    Dzing!, however, is unique, strange (though not as strange as some might say), and wonderful. It will always be in my wardrobe. It is one of the most romantic fragrances I own, yet it is somehow suitable for daily wear.
    There is a nice review here, which identifies the notes as I smell them more clearly than any I had read before:

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...by_lartis.html

Please though, whichever fragrance you choose, order a decant or sample from someone rather than springing for a whole bottle.
    Good luck.
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    [quote author=Propaganda13 link=1138388324/15#19 date=1138476460][quote author=chris21 link=1138388324/15#18 date=1138473173][quote author=JP1 link=1138388324/0#5 date=1138395774]I'm sorry but I am sick of this!! 60 views and only 6 replies!! whats going on....stop looking and make yourself heard for once!

Actually, I didn't vote either. Your topic is &quot;Which Unisex Fragrance to buy?&quot; so I click on it and end up with a poll between 2 scents. One of which I haven't smelled. Should I vote for that one just because I have? In that case, don't make a thread about spoiled milk vs a Bond No. 9 scent cause I know which one I'd have to vote for then.[/quote]

I was in the position as well - I was expecting a bigger list of unisex fragrances and was interested in what people liked out of all the bigger hit unisex frags. And yeah, please calm down, my friend. No one is obligated to respond to anything here

Anyways, I didn't vote either as I've only smelled one of them.
    [/quote]

Exactly the same for me too. I have only smelled Dzing!, and it wouldn't be much help to you if I voted for that one, considering I couldn't compare it to MI...

The other part is that people who did vote came back to see how the poll was going.

MI is too played out. So many people have it and it is amazing but Dzing is unique and so much better. L'Artisan is my favorite niche house so I might be a little bias, but who cares.... DZING!