Code of Conduct

Default Best Workout Scent

If a parfum was to be created to satisfy you cologne junkies and workout buffs, how would it smell?? which, already popular, scents would it smell like??

Greens, Aquatic, something heavy or oriental?? What is the best way not to offend anyone yet not smell like terrible while smelling appropriate for the gym environment??

A poll will be created when I've filtered out all of the mess to get the most common and we can all vote on what is to be the greatest workout scent ever.

Have at it...

Default Re: Best Workout Scent

Alot of people say never wear scent to workout, but I disagree. I personally love it when guys wear the right amount and type of scent at my gym. Nice.

I'd say something from Gendarme would be the best. I don't see that being overly rich or easily distorted by the smell of fresh sweat. Musk would probably be a bad choice, I imagine.

Sidenote: I'm a gal and I always wear something really light to the gym or maybe a tiny, tiny bit of of what I put on that morning. Never a complaint and once in a while a compliment.

When I "did" go to the gym I wore nothing fragrant because I went to the gym to sweat. Waste of frag IMHO

I think Mugler Colonge is the excellent choice! Also, Creed 1948 Vetiver wich might be too classy and costly to waer to the gym but it is soo fresh and lifts the spirits.

I wear a spritz of Guerlain Vetiver or two sprits of Bvlgari PH to the gym if I feel like wearing a frag

I wear Gendarme (original or 20) to the gym. And no, I don't do it to pick up chicks. ;D

The gym is the perfect place to find someone of the opposite sex that is attracted to your bo. I thought everyone knew that. People like it when i wear colognes, but there are a few girls I know who go nuts when i'm stinky. they love it. hence my tag

Definitely green and/or aquatic. Lacoste Essential would do I think.

Gendarme and Bulgari's Eau de The verte both good.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Odeur 53 is probably the ultimate workout scent for me.

Body Kouros should be suitable (but I don't go to the gym).
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I recommend something with the heavy sweat-note: Gucci Pour Homme, McQueen Kingdom, or Diptyque`s L`Autre.

Claiborne Sport works out with me.

Jim

I like to use 4711 cause it's very fresh and doesn't get in the way of anybody...in general i don't like to use a better quality frag there cause i think it sort of "cheapens" the scent. I guess any kind of soft citrus might be fine.

I find the ones that work best are light and fresh - CK Truth, Creed Neroli Sauvage.

I don't purposefully put them on to work out, but will wear them first thing if I know I'll be exercising a few hours later.

I think GIT and Kenzoair are good gym frags. They stay fresh, regardless of your perspiration

Yeah, Kenzo Air is (so i've heard) a favourite of Roger Federer. I think that guy knows a thing or two about sweating.

Mugler Cologne or Gendarme shouldn't be too disturbing. I've noticed that my SotD sometimes makes me sick when I smell it while exhausted. So be careful, one suffocating experience with a fragrance might ruin it for you for a long time, if you are like me that is.

So far, the fresher, cleaner smells are covering up that word out stink the best. I need more thoughts though....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    Yeah, Kenzo Air is (so i've heard) a favourite of Roger Federer. I think that guy knows a thing or two about sweating.

Mugler Cologne or Gendarme shouldn't be too disturbing. I've noticed that my SotD sometimes makes me sick when I smell it while exhausted. So be careful, one suffocating experience with a fragrance might ruin it for you for a long time, if you are like me that is.
    Hmm..I find this with KenzoAir being suitable for the gym, is weird as its anis and wood-notes seem to interfere badly with my body-odeur..Especially with the deodorant, I felt this..
    But Cool Water, the other Kenzo's, Aqua di Roma and Jil Sander Pure is my favourites for working out.
    Sadly, Allure Sport and Geir is a little too heavy for me...

I like to use 4711 cause it's very fresh and doesn't get in the way of anybody..
    I will often wear 4711 to the gym. I will wipe down my forearms with it, I figure the essential oils should have some antibacterial action helping to insure that I don't pick up a staph infection from the pads of the weight machines. With the dry weather of winter though I have lately been using Tuscany aftershave balm.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Russ, go with Cool Water

I will often work out or play basketball while wearing my scent of the day, whatever it may be (from Antaeus to Visit), with no problems. If I am putting on a fragrance immediately before exercising it's usually something lighter like Gendarme, Claiborne Sport, TM Cologne or Azzaro Chrome, or occasionally Guerlain Vetiver or Bulgari PH Extreme.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I thought i remember reading on here that bacteria on the skin (from sweat, whatever) interacts with fragrances and makes them smell bad. My personal experience backs this up...anytime someone has been wearing a fragrance and then really sweats and works out it smells sickening. At a point in my life i spent more time in the gym than in class and i remember not thinking much of guys who wore fragrances to the gym. The view of most regulars is that the gym is NOT a place for social gathering, you go to the gym to work hard to reach your goals; you go to the gym to work, not look/smell good (i can also think of examples of guys lifting in Lacoste polo shirts trying to look their best in the gym lol). But still, BO is not good. My suggestion is to make sure you are clean before you workout and make sure you have sufficient deodorant on, and if you must, then use a light fresh scent (not sweet though) and apply it sparingly.

As an interesting note, the gym is one of the very few places that i DISLIKE fragrances. When working out i inevitably have to breathe hard, and i like breathing clean air, not air heavy with fragrance.