Code of Conduct

Default Opinions on Demeter fragrances

I've seen them out and my wife likes a few. I guess the fact that they have a range from "dirt" to "waffle Cone" make me wonder if they are worth it. Anyone try these? Thanks.

Default Re: Opinions on Demeter fragrances

I like Gin & Tonic and Dirt. Downside is that they generally don't last very long. Then again, they're not particularly pricey so a bottle a month doesn't seem excessive.

I've sampled many of them at Sephora and they all seem to be lacking in longevity.

I have Rain and I'm thinking of getting Thunderstorm and Lightning Storm. Rain isn't bad. It reminds me of times when the sun pokes out from between the clouds but it's still raining.

I love the smell of storms and rain ^___^

I love storms as well. I have rain but my favorite is wet garden. No, they don't last long, a couple hours I guess. Its a pick me up fragrance, not so much even pretending to be perfume. I like them for certain unstable moods, I find them calming. And its very low comittment since I know I'm not going to smell like the garden pile all day long, or have to scrub with witch hazel whem I'm fed up with it.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I love storms as well. I have rain but my favorite is wet garden. No, they don't last long, a couple hours I guess. *Its a pick me up fragrance, not so much even pretending to be perfume. *I like them for certain unstable moods, I find them calming. *And its very low comittment since I know I'm not going to smell like the garden pile all day long, *or have to scrub with witch hazel whem I'm fed up with it.
    I should pick up Wet Garden! I forgot to include that in my list.

I looooove the smell of wet vegetation and dirt after a heavy downpour ^__________^ and the ozone that the rain carries with it as well! mmm I love it all

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I like "Laundromat". Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...or linty or something.

Just FYI, scentiments has a large selection of these for appox $20. Snow and Rain are kind of interesting.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

In Ebay, Miss D's Samples sells a lot of cheap Demeter decants.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Miss-D...368259QQsofpZ0

Only have This is Not a Pipe and it smells precisely of cherry pipe tobacco. Just like walking into one of those little tobacconist shops. I've sampled a handful of Demeters, and all were fun, loyal representations of the titles. Considered Leather off and on, and may still yet. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John.com
    Only have This is Not a Pipe and it smells precisely of cherry pipe tobacco. *Just like walking into one of those little tobacconist shops. *I've sampled a handful of Demeters, and all were fun, loyal representations of the titles. *Considered Leather off and on, and may still yet. *Good stuff.

Where did you come across that one John? I have found that most of the Demeters are hard to find. Sex on the Beach and the otehr recent releases are verywhere, but im curious about the whole catalogue...

duuuuh, that was easy. :P Thanks John!