Code of Conduct

Default Now I know why Angel gets the bad rep...

There is this guy I know who is actually a friend of a friend more of an acquaintance to me. He is obnoxious and very full of himself. This guy wears Angel for men and it always smells horrible on him I can't even describe in words the stench and that is it make me very nauseous. I even had to ask him once WHAT IS THAT you have on. Plus when he get to drinking he like to be cool and strike up a cigar and then the two of them mix its :-X

Well last night I had plans with the guys and of course stinky was invited and we had to pick him up at his place and hung out there for a while. During the course of being their I had to use his bath room and all here forgive me but I am a snoop when in other people bathrooms....just to see what in their medicine cabinet and drawers..

Well I open one draw and found the jack pot! A unique bottle of scent that looked like a funky lighter the name made me laugh too... as soon has I flipped the cap I was slapped in the face by what he claims to be Angel for men. Today I did a Internet search just to find this gem and here it is..... I've come to believe this is what some guys are bathing themselves in that gives Angel the bad rep.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIABLE-BLEU-ANGE...QQcmdZViewItem

Default Re: Now I know why Angel gets the bad rep...

So this guy actually LIED and told you he was wearing A*Men eh? How embarassing for him.

See, I think that's pitiful. How sad. How miserable must one be with oneself to go to such lengths. He needs a alot of therapy. Or a good beating.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

LOL. What a piece of crap! I think it translates to "Blue Devil" heh-heh. The picture on the box is
    hilarious. Reminds me of that "gay Le Male with hormones" ripoff that someone posted a while back.

Nice story. Although I think its rude to go through other people's medicine cabinets, I also
    make sure not to keep anything in mine I don't want others to see. A*Men is a tricky scent as is- i can
    imagine a cheap "euro knock-off" being horrible. You should mess with this guy's head and keep finding ways to drop the
    words "blue devil" into conversations as often as possible. Or just call this guy "el diablo" over and over
    til he wants to scrap.

I think fragrances are one of those things where knock-offs really don't make sense. It's not like A*Men is expensive... why get a bad copy for the price of a big bag of candy? Come on...

Yecch...I can only imagine the misery of a knockoff, as Angel Men is a hard scent to pull off (even though I can pull it off just fine and love it in the process).

But just wait till you hear what our resident Angel-hater CoL has to say...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Surrealistic: this freak costs US $6.75 while the shipping cost is US $9.95....
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

It`s a Belgium fake-scent manufacturer called Creation Lamis. They are really shameless. They have done countless amount of copys from famous fragrances.
    For instance:
    Roma = Colosseum
    Coolwater = Ice Cold
    Le Male = Catsuit
    Fahrenheit = Temprerature
    Aqgua di Gio = Arrivederci
    (Cerruti) 1881 = 1999
    Atomiun Light Speed = Boss In Motion,
    and many, many others. (must be almost a hundred, no kidding!)

Actually, few years ago one specific clothing store chain, which sells these copies, was sued here in Finland by the local importer of Kenzo!
    I can`t remember exactly how things went, but last time I visit this store (Seppälä) they still did have Kenzo Flower copy for sale, among few others. So I guess that sue didn`t turn out too well for Kenzo...

Now, don`t get me wrong: I do dislike every single one of these copy-makers, and in my experience Creation Lamis is one of the most rudest thiefs in the market.
    But; If I am honest, I have to admit that some of their products are...well, let`s just say too good...And the funniest thing is, that their scents seem to last forever. For example, that Arrivederci stays on me much longer than the real juice. And the aroma itself is so close to AdG, that I`m afraid it`s very hard to see any difference. It`s kind of sad.
    Also, for the price this Lamis company has actually some quality bottles and packages.

Every single Creation Lamis bottle I`ve seen contains 100ml juice. They cost 5-7 euros.

Ridicilous.

I know that A*Men Knock off, I remember a friend tried to sell me one, ewww it smelt bad, it was WAY SWEET and nothing really like A*Men.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I haven't smelled this one, but I keep running into people wearing copy Le Males and copy Joops. To my nose, they're all extremely loud and extremely cheap smelling.

Just curious, leaving his odor aside, does this guy strike most of the rest of your crowd as somewhat obnoxious too, or does he just grate you that way?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I haven't smelled this one, but I keep running into people wearing copy Le Males and copy Joops. To my nose, they're all extremely loud and extremely cheap smelling.

Just curious, leaving his odor aside, does this guy strike most of the rest of your crowd as somewhat obnoxious too, or does he just grate you that way?
    Renato
    Oh no its not just me. Many of my friends feel the same way and even joke on him at times. You would not believe how big his ego is. He is black belt and muscle bound too. I remember this one very well... A few years ago we were at a bar and he spotted this girl with her boy friend talking at the bar. He said to a group of us "oh that chick digs me". He then proceeded to go up to her and cut right in front of her boy friend and say you want to dance with me? She wanted nothing to do with him. Her boyfriend tried to cut in and he locked the guy in a wrist lock stapping his wrist at the time still taking to the girl at this point club bouncers started to move in when he saw that he kicked the guy to the floor and came over to us. We told him dude get away from us we feared their was going to be a rubble. He had the gaul to turn to us and say let's get out of this dump I don't think she's worthy of some one like me.

You hang out with this guy because?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

A phony for a phony.

AZ.......I do not think this fellow is friend of Scentimus....rather friend of friend of Scentimus. Perhaps good friend of Scentimus feels sorry for Sorry Wearer of Bad Cheap Cologne. Me thinks, if way of Scentimus is had, a Very Large Ego Stinky Man would arrive in Tibet via one-way mail with no return address.

Scentimus......postage to Tibet......very expensive.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For something already as edgy as A men a copycat is dangerous territory. No wonder it smells horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Oh no its not just me. *Many of my friends feel the same way and even joke on him at times. *You would not believe how big his ego is. * He is black belt and muscle bound too. I remember this one very well... *A few years ago we were at a bar and he spotted this girl with her boy friend talking at the bar. *He said to a group of us "oh that chick digs me". *He then proceeded to go up to her and cut right in front of her boy friend and say you want to dance with me? *She wanted nothing to do with him. *Her boyfriend tried to cut in and he locked the guy in a wrist lock stapping his wrist at the time still taking to the girl at this point club bouncers started to move in when he saw that he kicked the guy to the floor and came over to us. *We told him dude get away from us we feared their was going to be a rubble. *He had the gaul to turn to us and say let's get out of this dump I don't think she's worthy of some one like me.
    Hmmm - methinks there is a probability this guy may either meet a grisly end (don't get caught in the cross fire) or doing time.
    Renato

I didn't think A*Men had a bad rep. It's just that it's a gourmand. I won't wear it because after drydown it gives the 2 impressions either I just baked some cookies or I just pigged out a chocolate bars possibly rubbing my chocolate smeared fingers all over my body. I can live with the baking impression but not the other one. Though I just can't see the baking smell to come in handy with the women.

Quote Originally Posted by goldslinger
    A phony for a phony.
    [smiley=lolk.gif]

I got my hands on one, my friend had it, the guy who tried to sell it to me way back, it smells strikingly like A*Men, it does not have the top notes of A*Men, smells like the drydown. But a very good clone for the price.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH