Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fresh Cut Grass?

Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.

Default Re: Fresh Cut Grass?

Davidoff Cool Water...

Ah, I suppose there are actually quite many scents which resembles (fresh cut) grass.

Lacoste PH (Orig.), Issey Miyake L`Eau Bleue D`Issey (Very summery scent overall, imo). Herrera`s 212 has also something grassy about it.

Villoresi Yerbamate for sure has the most wonderful fresh cut grass topnote I've ever smelled!!!
    It's indeed one of the greener scents I've owned, but try it before buying because it has a very shaded and varing drydown passing through even a tomato leaf hint to a potently powdery mate accord!

Post Thanks / Like

l'Eau de l'Artisan is what you are searching for

Post Thanks / Like

MPG Route du Vetiver is fresh cut dirty grass
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    Ah, I suppose there are actually quite many scents which resembles (fresh cut) grass.

Lacoste PH (Orig.), Issey Miyake L`Eau Bleue D`Issey (Very summery scent overall, imo). Herrera`s 212 has also something grassy about it.

I think Herrera's 212 smells exactly like fresh cut grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain Vetiver
    Guerlain Agua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Scents that have FIG Leaf as their prominent note tend to smell like freshly cut grass, and IMO, NOTHING beats them in that aspect. Try L'Artisan's Premier Figuier or Diptyque's Philosykos.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    Scents that have FIG Leaf as their prominent note tend to smell like freshly cut grass, and IMO, NOTHING beats them in that aspect. Try L'Artisan's Premier Figuier or Diptyque's Philosykos.

Ditto this and 212 Men.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget CdG Calamus

Post Thanks / Like

Designer scent that smells alot like fresh cut grass is Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    Don't forget CdG Calamus

While being amazingly green, I get no part in this one that smells like cut grass actually.

Route du Vetiver indeed has a dirty, very down to earth kind of fresh cut grass smell!

Another one that comes to mind is Truth by Calvin Klein.

Vetiver by Annick Goutal
    Let your nose be your pilot

Annick Goutal's Eau de Camille! It's based around freshly cut grass, honeysuckle and jasmine.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    l'Eau de l'Artisan is what you are searching for
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdujour
    Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.
    1. Its spelled Luis
    2. Not all hispanics are illegal
    3. Not all hispanics work in landscaping/construction

I'm sorry that I'm going to sound like a real PC jerk. However I found this post to be kind of offensive. I'm sure you were just trying to make an illustration but nonetheless I have many friends who are latino that do landscaping. In fact one of my bestfriends does. However to issume that they are illegal is rather ignorant.

As for the grass

Pretty much everything with Citrus/Vetiver usually reminds me of Grass. TM Cologne especially.

I will third the vote for L' Eau de L'Artisan. This one smells so much like fresh grass that you get the feeling you will have to mow it before the day's over!!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    Don't forget CdG Calamus
    I agree!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steveharrisonmc
    As for the grass

Pretty much everything with Citrus/Vetiver usually reminds me of Grass. TM Cologne especially.
    TM Cologne reminds me more of dry bamboo

try miracle acquatonic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackfan
    I will third the vote for L' Eau de L'Artisan. *This one smells so much like fresh grass that you get the feeling you will have to mow it before the day's over!!

Jim
    I'll be the fourth to agree with this recommendation. The reason why I don't like this scent much is due to the fact that it only smells like fresh cut grass to me. I don't get anything else out of it. No offense to those who like this scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer

Can't exactly say I agree with Lacoste PH being grassy...
    But Vetiver Extraordinaire is quite grassy, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    Designer scent that smells alot like fresh cut grass is Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic!
    I agree with Johnny and Ludlow! Not my cup of tea though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Definitely L'Eau de L'Artisan. Would be a nice frag if it weren't for the freshly cut grass notes...too much for me.

Fahrenheit by Dior.

[quote author=Davisdujour link=1138092423/0#0 date=1138092423]Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.
    1. *Its spelled Luis
    2. *Not all hispanics are illegal
    3. *Not all hispanics work in landscaping/construction

I'm sorry that I'm going to sound like a real PC jerk. *However I found this post to be kind of offensive. *I'm sure you were just trying to make an illustration but nonetheless I have many friends who are latino that do landscaping. *In fact one of my bestfriends does. *However to issume that they are illegal is rather ignorant.[/quote]

Thank you. I was also offended by that post, being hispanic myself.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=Davisdujour link=1138092423/0#0 date=1138092423]Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.
    1. *Its spelled Luis

I'm sorry that I'm going to sound like a real PC jerk. *However I found this post to be kind of offensive. *I'm sure you were just trying to make an illustration but nonetheless I have many friends who are latino that do landscaping. *In fact one of my bestfriends does. *However to issume that they are illegal is rather ignorant.[/quote]

I was wondering when someone was gonna point this out. I was scrolling down through the first page and thought "this is weird, given the forum's impeccably civil and gentlemanly tone, that everyone just kind of let that slide". A definate party-foul, Davis. Its not a big deal, im sure nobody thinks you were TRYING to sound ignorant, just be aware, you know?

Post Thanks / Like

1. *Its spelled Luis

Hola,
    Gracias hombre for setting me straight. Turns out it's only the ones whose names are spelled "Luiz" who are the border hopping weed-eaters. Of course, all I meant was that I prefer to smell like the illegal ones as opposed to the legal ones, as they tend to work harder and get grassier so as to camouflage themselves from the dastardly Border Patrol. It most certainly was not to insinuate that the illegal ones comprise the majority. And I'm grateful you informed me that not all hispanics:
    1. Are illegal
    2. Work in landscaping/construction

Because I really thought that U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez was nothing more than George Bush's illiterate White House gardener using his post as a cover-up. Give my regards to your friend. I wish him the best in his arduous police absconding, green card pursuit.

Oh, and by the way:
    1. "Its" should be spelled "It's".
    2. "bestfriends" is not a compound word, but is rather two separate words demanding an intermediate space.
    3. "issume" should be spelled "assume".
    4. "hispanics" should be capitalized. I mean, to attribute lower case status to an entire race of our ostensibly beloved neighbors & friends is lucidly indicative of your red hot, passionate hatred for them, right?
    5. "Luiz" is a relatively common variation of the more common "Luis", just as "Davis" is a much less implemented, albeit, legitimate variation of "David", "Kellie" is a variation of "Kelly", etc.
    6. The best friend I'ver ever, ever had was a really great, legal, non-landscaper Mexican guy. Of course, I'd still ask him to cut my grass when he'd come to visit. He never complied.

Lighten up fella. Your unwarranted PC hyper-sensitivity will sink you to the bottom of society like plutonium in a pond. I do apologize though if you were piqued by this. I mean, I really only expected "Illegal alien, pro-weedeaters named Luiz" to be offended.

Post Thanks / Like

Hola,
    Gracias hombre for setting me straight. Turns out it's only the ones whose names are spelled "Luiz" who are the border hopping weed-eaters. Of course, all I meant was that I prefer to smell like the illegal ones as opposed to the legal ones, as they tend to work harder and get grassier so as to camouflage themselves from the dastardly Border Patrol. It most certainly was not to insinuate that the illegal ones comprise the majority. And I'm grateful you informed me that not all hispanics:
    1. Are illegal

Because I really thought that U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez was nothing more than George Bush's illiterate White House gardener using his post as a cover-up. Give my regards to your friend. I wish him the best in his arduous police absconding, green card pursuit.

Oh, and by the way:
    2. "bestfriends" is not a compound word, but is rather two separate words demanding an intermediate space.
    4. "hispanics" should be capitalized. I mean, to attribute lower case status to an entire race of our ostensibly beloved neighbors & friends is lucidly indicative of your red hot, passionate hatred for them, right?
    5. "Luiz" is a relatively common variation of the more common "Luis", just as "Davis" is a much less implemented, albeit, legitimate variation of "David", "Kellie" is a variation of "Kelly", etc.
    6. The best friend I'ver ever, ever had was a really great, legal, non-landscaper Mexican fella. Of course, I'd still ask him to cut my grass when he'd come to visit. He never complied.
    Ouch. Wow. I say consider the source on this.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

To me, the fresh topnote in Pal Zileri smells like fresh cut grass a bit.

[quote author=steveharrisonmc link=1138092423/15#17 date=1138111585][quote author=Davisdujour link=1138092423/0#0 date=1138092423]Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.
    1. *Its spelled Luis

Hola,
    1. Are illegal

Oh, and by the way:
    6. The best friend I'ver ever, ever had was a really great, legal, non-landscaper Mexican guy. Of course, I'd still ask him to cut my grass when he'd come to visit. He never complied.

Lighten up fella. Your unwarranted PC hyper-sensitivity will sink you to the bottom of society like plutonium in a pond. I do apologize though if you were piqued by this. I mean, I really only expected "Illegal alien, pro-weedeaters named Luiz" to be offended.
    [/quote]

Davis, looks like you have serious issues with illegal aliens (and hispanics in general).

Perhaps you'd have a better audience in another forum.

Just google "narrow -minded nitwits", and you'll find it.

Good luck.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

[

Hola,
    1. Are illegal

Oh, and by the way:

Wrong answer Davis. The right thing to say would ahve been "my bad, I was just trying to make an evocative desription of the scent." That would have been the end of it. Everybody would have thought "what strong character this newbie has, to admit a mistake and diffuse it with such aplomb". Instead you got bristly and dug in your heels and pouted. You really should be embarasssed.

Maybe you do have great non-landscaping mexican friend. makes no difference. My housemate is gay as the day is long, and, in sport, I talk some shit to him that I would never ever say in the company of strangers, let alone on a messageboard where sarcasm doesn't read. Even moreso on a message board where Im new, and where I dont know what the tone of parlance is. I think most Bnoters pride themselves on our mutual respect and friendly atmosphere. For you tell someone to lighten up so you can personally offend them is beyond uncool.

Im not a Moderator, and (wish as I may) Im certainly no Grant. In fact, Ive only been here a couple months myself, But im with Knightowl, you should find some other forum for that razor-sharp wit of yours.

-Phil

Post Thanks / Like

:'(
    Phil,

I DID apologize if I offended Steve. However, I did not apologize for the statement. In other words, I'm sorry to those who erroneously processed the statement, but not that I made it. Why won't I just say I'm sorry you may ask? Well, if I apologized for everything I wasn't truly sorry for because I had no reason to be sorry for it, then it would diminish the truthfulness, force, and sincerity of the apologies I really am sorry for. I'll say it again: "If you are an illegal alien, pro-weed-eater named Luiz, then to you I am sorry". If not, you're really making a mountain out of Cindy Crawford's mole. Tantamount to such picayune carping, would be me saying, "Hey, I'm offended that you had a complaint against me and rather than being a man about it and pm'ing me with your complaint, you decided to enter into my thread and opine your irrelevant, disproportionate ramblings there." But no, you did do it in a public forum amidst strangers, the very thing you just said you would never do. Now, do me a big favor, if you know of a fragrance that smells just like fresh cut grass, so I can smell like an illegal Irish alien, amateur bushwhacker named O'Shamus, please list it.

Post Thanks / Like

if you know of a fragrance that smells just like fresh cut grass, so I can smell like an illegal Irish alien, amateur bushwhacker named O'Shamus, please list it.
    GIT

Post Thanks / Like

Davisdujour/Granpoh, I think I tried to help you in one of your earlier question threads. I won't do so again.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hi everybody! ;D...pauses....looks around ...walks quietly backwards and out of the thread 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    MPG Route du Vetiver is fresh cut dirty grass

I'll second this, and Goutal's Vetyver as well. Also, try Demeter's "Wet Garden."

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the scents I know Eau de Campagne by Sisley is the nearest to fresh grass.

[quote author=steveharrisonmc link=1138092423/15#17 date=1138111585][quote author=Davisdujour link=1138092423/0#0 date=1138092423]Tell me, are there any fragrances that smell just like fresh cut grass? I want to reek of illegal alien, professional weedeaters named Luiz.
    1. *Its spelled Luis

Hola,
    1. Are illegal

Oh, and by the way:

[/quote]

I could justify this by lowering myself to your levels, however I won't give you the pleasure. *Instead I hope that you feel good about yourself.

BTW

Luis is the common Spanish name

Luiz is more commonly a Portugese/Brazilian name