Code of Conduct

Default Is Bulgari Black the Ultimate Piece of Sh!T?

I give up. *

Seeing all this talk about Bulgari Black made me feel like wearing it to work tonight.

A while back, I had BB in a gym bag and it leaked a little and got really cloying and heavy, and I didn't wear it for a long time.

Well, tonight I was getting cleaned up for work and I used some BB shower gel, which is great. *And because I find BB to be a heavy scent, I tried to decant a little into a vial to freshen up with later. *BUT what a mistake. *MY bottle just broke. Bulgari can suck my balls.

I'm sick of this BS. *I paid $70 for this bottle of BB. *I also had a smaller bottle of BB that I paid $35 for. *I also paid a whopping $40 for the shower gel. *Guess what? *My little bottle of Black is broken and won't spray. *My shower gel dispenser is broken and I have to pull the cap off and pour it out to get any. *And now finally, my GOOD bottle, my big bottle is broken. *The freaking cap just popped right off. *Terrible. *How is it that Bulgari is supposed to be some top of the line jewelry maker, when they can't even put out a cologne bottle that doesn't fall apart. *I have two bottles of Bulgari Black that don't work. *Nice.

The scent itself was pretty good. *I loved it way back when I first bought it, and it was very nice tonight at work. *But who cares, since this will be the last time I can freakin wear it?

Don't buy Bulgari Black. *Buy Dzing. *Practically the same scent without the stupid piece of sh!t bottle.

Screw you Bulgari, and by the way its time to use some freaking "U's" in spelling your name instead of your stupid little "V's".

BVLGARI... how stupid.

Buy a f*cking vowel already!!!

Default Re: Is Bulgari Black the Ultimate Piece of Sh!T?

lol

I feel a bit less frustrated as I scored a 75 ml bottle for 15, but it isn't up there for me. I also prefer Dzing! and am equally irritated by the v. Actually, Bulgari's bling pretense at exclusivity is a might irritating imo.

I don't know ... I own both and don't think Dzing is like BB. I don't smell any rubber in Dzing at all.

As far as Bvlgari Black goes ... I like the scent but yesterday was my first full wearing of it after receiving it from Scentiments. I sprayed it 40 ... count em' ... 40 TIMES TOTAL ... and by 10 AM I couldn't smell a damn thing! Nothing!

I do like the bottle though ... as I stated in my SOTD ... it's kinda like a hockey puck with a nipple. But after this bottle is gone (which should be about a month), I'm done with Bvlgari.

I love that scent.. 2-3 sprays will last all day on me.

I understand you frustration though... every time I use that bottle I get a little nervous that it will break. You can even feel how bad the quality if the sprayer is. You'd think they tested such stuff before releasing it but it doesn't seem so. The bottle looks pretty cool and fits the scent well but it's not very practical and seems to break easily.

Perhaps somebody knows how to remove the cap so you can pour it into something else?

I'm about to take my hockey stick and give my BB a nice one-timer into the trash, Al MacInnis style.

Another thing about the scent. I think BB is one of the stronger, heavier scents I own. I used the shower gel at 5:00 PM. And immediately after, when I tried to decant it, some of the juice got on my fingers, so I rubbed it on my neck- not even a proper spray. I could still detect it at 3 AM when I got home. I hate how that damn vanilla note just seems to get bigger and bigger. I prefer the evolution of Dzing, which always retains a dry "fur" quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Screw you Bulgari, and by the way its time to use some freaking "U's" in spelling your name instead of your stupid little "V's".

BVLGARI... how stupid.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Actually, it's not a V! They write BVLGARI just because their most famous and first line of fine Jewellery was inspired to classic ancient roman jewels and watches (which had roman digits!!!); so they used the roman alphabeth for writing their brand! That's why they don't write BULGARI! It wouldn't be in the BULGARI style!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    [quote author=Indie_Guy link=1137838715/0#0 date=1137838715]Screw you Bulgari, and by the way its time to use some freaking "U's" in spelling your name instead of your stupid little "V's".

BVLGARI... how stupid.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Actually, it's not a V! They write BVLGARI just because their most famous and first line of fine Jewellery was inspired to classic ancient roman jewels and watches (which had roman digits!!!); so they used the roman alphabeth for writing their brand! That's why they don't write BULGARI! It wouldn't be in the BULGARI style!
    [/quote]

Ah still, it's a bunch of Bul

ROFL!!

musze

After reading this post, I can only hope I will not be dissapointed by BB. I've just ordered a gift set on eBay, haven't tested it jet, but since I own Dzing!, and love it, reading the posts and reviews on BN, I think it will be a good buy... Will have to wait a few days though, before I can give an opinion. I pay 25 Euros for 75ml edt and 150gr soap, so that's not a bad deal I think.

Funny as hell as you said to buy a fricking vowell. Good wig-out on your part. LOL
    Peace ~ Markymark

inspired to classic ancient roman jewels and watches (which had roman digits!!!);
    The ancient Romans had watches??? I would very much like to see that!
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    inspired to classic ancient roman jewels and watches (which had roman digits!!!);
    Yeah they wore sun dials on their wrists, you didn't know that?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Indie, I agree with you partially:

a) Bvlgari can suck my balls also. (If they necessarily want)
    b) BB bottle has suspicious structure, at least - I`m trying hard not to brake mine.

I disagree with your claim about BB having a close relationship with Dzing! I really do think they are quite far away from each other. Quite far.

Sorry about your bottles

You can still salvage the scent. Just pry the top off of the bottle with a screwdriver and pour the liquid into another atomizer / rollon through a funnel. Good lvck.

I agree with Setamp. What I would do is find a way to take the bottle apart and try to decant the remaining juice. It would be a waste to just throw it away. Perhaps a can opener might do the trick. Or you could just puncture a hole into it and pour it out. I wholeheartedly agree that the bottle is a fine example of impractical pieces of crap. I never turn the switch to "off" because I fear it will not return to "on".

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Too funny dcampen!
    Your observation is right indeed! I made some mistake in expressing mi ideas... I meant that BVLGARI jewels and watches were inspired by ancient roman jewels and architectures, but I exposed it in a confused funny way... Excuse me, but I hope at least to have made you smile!

Great scent, great bottle design, horrid construction. I ended up having to pry off the atomizer after it broke on my bottle and decanted it into a 1ounce spray bottle what I had left. The bottle is horridly constructed.

The reason Bvlgari uses "v" instead of "u" is that the latin alphabet had no "u", they used "V" for both "v" and "u". Hmm, i hope that makes sense, it's hard to word but i hope you know what i mean. I think they also used one letter (i forget which one, i think I) for "j" and "i".

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    You can still salvage the scent. *Just pry the top off of the bottle with a screwdriver and pour the liquid into another atomizer / rollon through a funnel. * Good lvck.

LOL!

Well, I got the cap back on, although to get it to spray, I still have to pull the cap "up" to prime it, and then push it down to spray once, then pull it back up.

It's Fvcked.

Hahaha, hard to stop laughing at the "Good lvck". ;D

I know that you aren't very fond of Bvlgari right now but is the Black shower gel good? Because the price is insane. It's around 45$ retail here so it's almost like the price of an EdT. I can actually get a Bvlgari PH shower gel AND a 50ml EdT in a travel set bag for 40$ if I get it at the airport...

Well, enormovs price aside, the Black shower gel is pretty good. I find that it leaves its smell on the skin pretty well, and its a real pleasvre to vse (aside from getting it ovt of a broken bottle). Still, that hvge price tag is pretty svbstantial. If yov really love Black it might be worth a pvrchase. Also it seems like for the price they covld give yov a lot more gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Ah still, it's a bunch of Bul
    Don'tcha mean, "bvll"??
    David and Becca forever!!

Well, enormovs price aside, the Black shower gel is pretty good. I find that it leaves its smell on the skin pretty well, and its a real pleasvre to vse (aside from getting it ovt of a broken bottle). Still, that hvge price tag is pretty svbstantial. If yov really love Black it might be worth a pvrchase. Also it seems like for the price they covld give yov a lot more gel.
    Haha, thanks. ;D

I gvess the letter u is now banned here on BN. We're so fancy and bling-bling in here!

Hey Indie!!

Sorry to hear 'bout them bottles goin' bad!! Sheesh....you'd think that they worked the bugs out by now......or is it "bvgs?" LOL Sorry, man....couldn't resist!! Hope you can salvage the juice!!

Oh....not to be petty, but rather to give a respectful nod to Magnifiscent: I learned from him that what most folks perceive as the vanilla note is actually the accord created between the black tea and the jasmine!! How cool is that? Well, it's not very cool when you can't spray it!! Sorry again, Indie!! I hope things work ovt OK!!

;D : :'( :'(

Explorator Dumpsterorum

...........Also it seems like for the price they covld give yov a lot more gel.
    Yes, because that way one would get a lot more u's out of the product! ;D

[quote author=Setamp link=1137838715/0#13 date=1137872484]You can still salvage the scent. *Just pry the top off of the bottle with a screwdriver and pour the liquid into another atomizer / rollon through a funnel. * Good lvck.

LOL!

Well, I got the cap back on, although to get it to spray, I still have to pull the cap "up" to prime it, and then push it down to spray once, then pull it back uP[/quote]

Keep doing this and you'll build up your triceps!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    [quote author=Indie_Guy link=1137838715/15#20 date=1137891029]Well, enormovs price aside, the Black shower gel is pretty good. *I find that it leaves its smell on the skin pretty well, and its a real pleasvre to vse (aside from getting it ovt of a broken bottle). *Still, that hvge price tag is pretty svbstantial. *If yov really love Black it might be worth a pvrchase. *Also it seems like for the price they covld give yov a lot more gel.
    Haha, thanks. ;D

I gvess the letter u is now banned here on BN. We're so fancy and bling-bling in here![/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    What abovt vsing latin for posting in this thread? ;D
    After all also Ted's Black bottle sovnds as it's like a mvsevm's amphora! ;D ;D ;D

When I tested BB, the bottle in the store had a fmous broken spray mechanism, I pulled it off and used it like a roll-on, jabbing again and again at my arm to depress the little release column, I felt like a heroin addict shooting up with a chopstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    When I tested BB, the bottle in the store had a fmous broken spray mechanism, I pulled it off and used it like a roll-on, jabbing again and again at my arm to depress the little release column, I felt like a heroin addict shooting up with a chopstick.
    Hehe, this happened to me too. I didn't pull off the sprayer though. I spent like 2 minutes looking like an idiot who had no idea how to use a sprayer... but when I finally found out how to do it I actually liked the scent a lot.

If the sprayer worked well then this scent would be perfect for what it wants to be. I think this one is marketed very well. It has a bottle that fits the scent much better than most others. As somebody else mentioned, it also has a very minimalistic packaging with almost no labels at all. My box has "Bvlgari Black 75ml EdT" written on it and nothing else. Understated as often with Bvlgari. Most websites don't have very well descriptions of it either - they are all something like "Black is... ahem... urban... and modern and stuff". It seems like Bvlgari themselves also know what associations could easily be made with the dominant smell of rubber so they just left that for people to judge by themselves. A totally honest marketing campaign on the smell of this scent would be... interesting. ;D

Unfortunately they ruined it for a lot of people with that sprayer. It's like having a Ferrari without keys. :-/

yeah and another thing.

Even before last night when I attacked my bottle of BB with a hockey stick, I happened to hold it up to see how much juice was in the bottle...I was at less than half. This is bullsh!t, because I had only probably used maybe 10% max. This stuff leaks, and leaks, and LEAKS like nobody's business. Seriously, even if you get it to spray...A substantial amount runs out of the spot where the sprayer meets the body. A very dangerous scent to travel with. I would not trust a bottle of this in my suitcase not to leak all over my clothes. Just another bit of warning.

ROFL. I can't remember the last time I had such fun reading posts here on Bnotes. I completely understand your frustration because there were like millions of times I wanted to smash the goddamn bottle against the wall. The bloody ON/OFF mechanism works at will and seems to be testing my patience so I decided to keep it ON all the time.
    Good lvck? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great Thread--you did it again, Indie.

I've just ordered a bottle of BB so, to avoid frustration, I'll just get a large decanter bottle and decant it right away.

Guess I should have sent for Dzing!

Ovch! I feel yovr pain Indie Gvy. Do yov think yov can pry open the bottle and decant into another bottle? Otherwise, better lvck with Dzing!

My sprayer is still intact, I guess i'll keep it set to 'on' since i dont need another hockey puck.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Count me in. My bottle of Bvlgari black broke as well shortly after I purchased it. That damn dial fell apart...on, off, on,off...it's a scent for Pete's sake, not a light switch. "Daring" design concept but completely impractical in execution. I decanted it out into a plain jane pocket atomizer (perfect for taking along to latex and rubber parties).

Now, if I could only get my bottle of CDG II to stand up...

Griff