Code of Conduct

Default Ebay seller ends auction early...

...to avoid giving me a bargain! Is this not against Ebay rules? I know it's clearly a violation if a seller refuses to sell an item after auction end, but can they end it right before it's supposed to end just because it's not fetching the price they had hoped for?

The item, by the way, was a 4.2 oz bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme EDT for $1.03. >

Default Re: Ebay seller ends auction early...

That is going against the rules and you should report him.

That bites. A $1.03 would have been the deal of the century. For sure report this person. >
    Peace ~ Markymark

yup, hit the report button pronto.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Report him immediately and don't wait. It is the seller's fault that he did not set a reserve price. I'm tired of hearing about dishonest ebayers.

I don't believe you stated whether this seller had established a reserve price for the D&G. Not real familiar with the rules, but believe if he had set a reserve price, and the bidding did not reach that price, he does not have to sell. Check it out.

Jim

For the sake of all that is just and humane, you MUST aggressively ride this matter all the way to the United States Supreme Court or perhaps an international military tribunal, young Jedi. Do it for God and country Obie One. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light---Don't go gentle into that goodnight! Yay, the very same George Washington and three Abraham Lincolns on that $1.03 shall never rest in peace until this monumental travesty of democracy is overturned. *

(To be read to the tune of "Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler.)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Here are the applicable rules. The short answer is that if there are 12 hours or less left in an auction and the reserve has been met, then the seller cannot change the listing or end it early. When more than 12 hours remain, the seller can do all sorts of things, including canceling all bids and ending the auction early.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

I once had a similar thing happen. I haven't placed a bid on that item, but was watching it. A few hours before ending time the item was not available anymore. When I made contact with the seller, he said that a family member has broken that bottle and he had not ended the auction early because of no bids. Well, I think he told the truth. I mean what to do if someone really brakes a bottle which is currently listed on ebay? Leave it on there and buy a brand new one instead??
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Just out of curiousity - was it the violetta1616 / VIOLETT FRAGRANCES?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner_Watson
    The short answer is that if there are 12 hours or less left in an auction and the reserve has been met, then the seller cannot change the listing or end it early. *When more than 12 hours remain, the seller can do all sorts of things, including canceling all bids and ending the auction early.
    Wrong. They report it as stolen or broken - even when they have more than one dozen identical Guerlain Vetiver gift sets for sale.

I know where you live, violetta1616!!!!!!

Veronica, no it wasn't her. Just to clarify, there was NO reserve price set at all which is why I suspect he ended it early because he had simply forgotten to establish one. He ended it just before auction's end, like only 2 or 3 minutes before. Thanks for the links guys. I reported him, but I just wasn't sure what specific rule I could cite, as I couldn't find anything specific except for when a seller prematurely ends an auction that has a reserve, which this one didn't.

Banzaiburger

What was the item number?

Griff
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Banzaiburger

What was the item number?

Griff
    Oh SNAP, Griff's on the case!! The E-bay Avenger has arrived!!
    You are in Good hands, Banzai!!!