Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default cheap yet smells good?

are there cheap colognes that smell good?
    with out smelling sheap at all :

Blog Entries

Default Re: cheap yet smells good?

Baby Blue Jeans!

Just received 1.7 oz. Carven Homme from Imaginationperfumery.com for $7.99.

I think it's great! Probaby my best "cheap" find.

You know, a long time ago, I bought a small bottle of Jovan Musk, and have never worn it. My father used to wear it years ago, and I bought it with those memories in mind.

Tonight, prompted by your post, I dug around and found it. Whether because of nostalgia or not, I don't know, but I find it rather pleasant. I've found myself transported to the set of "That 70's Show", in that it was the mid to late 70's when I last sniffed this one. And I KNOW it was cheap! In fact, this is about as cheap as it gets:

http://129.33.77.33/jovanmusk/jovanm...ejuly2001.html

Cheers,
    Jim

Versace Blue Jeans
    Swiss Army
    Darkness by Geparlys
    Adidas Moves

Stetson Black!
    Stetson Black!
    Stetson Black!
    It has a HEAVENLY pepper and basil smell: when I wear it, I keep sniffing myself cause I can't get enough. *
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

I can still pray in the U.S.A. (For now, anyway.)
    Currently wearing: Passion Boisée by Frapin

Swiss Army [a typical green scent, quite manly, girls love it.. pretty inexpensive and a sure bet for citrusy green scent. Long lasting, too]

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge [my oh my! smells sweet, chocolate, I WANT TO LICK MYSELF when I wear this, definitly lovely scent reminds me of Le Male, a bit better even (in my opinion) but sadly shorter lasting (around 5-6 hours of duration on me, which is good)]

Iceberg Twice [similar to Jacomo Rouge, but without the chocolate (smells like choco to me..) note, and a bit more fresh]

Reserve by Perry Ellis [Citrusy and floral, great overall]

Photo by Lagerfeld [a classic, smells soapy yet not 'clean'. Very wearable, old fashioned man. I like it very much ]

Gucci Envy is pretty cheap (on eBay) for what it is! Envy is a monument of scents, as far as I'm concerned. It's not the best, but it's VERY good and very sexy, manly but not macho. Perfect for a romantic night. Try it!

Get yourself on eBay though, everything there is much much cheaper. But before buying, visit the sales/swap section of this forum and buy some decants off people here.

Corner out a few you like the descriptions of, try them with decants, buy one or 2 from ebay and your set very cheaply

Those are only very very short and surely widely innacurate descriptions of some of the perfumes I like, that are cheap.
    In my opinions, they are all very good buys.

I don't know if these would smell good to you, since tastes are subjective.

Grey Flannel
    Bowling Green
    Quorum (an acquired taste IMO)

Cafe pour Homme - Cofinluxe

The brown, very-eighties looking bottle with the little coffee bean on the plastic cover (there is some confusion regarding the names of various colognes in this line).

I LOVE this one and it is for nothing, nearly. It has a coffee accord (of course) but there is the odd, strange smokey note that smells to me like burning solder flux.

To cover other threads... It's a dark, manly, moody and unique chick magnet...

and so cheap!

Griff

Griff

Just about anything from Puig for men, especially Agua Lavanda.

Jeff

Dana's Monsieur Musk
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Tabac Original by Mäurer & Wirtz
    Francesco Smalto Pour Homme by FS
    and Plush by FUBU
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Floris

Malizia Uomo Vetyver -- 50 ml for under $5 on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Cafe pour Homme - Cofinluxe

The brown, very-eighties looking bottle with the little coffee bean on the plastic cover (there is some confusion regarding the names of various colognes in this line).

I LOVE this one and it is for nothing, nearly. It has a coffee accord (of course) but there is the odd, strange smokey note that smells to me like *burning solder flux.

To cover other threads... It's a dark, manly, moody and unique chick magnet...

and so cheap!

Griff
    Because of your recommendation, I just ordered a 1 oz bottle of this one for $4.55. *Can't believe the cost is so low.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Floris

You can get a 1.7 oz tester of Samourai by Alain Delon for $17.99 on Perfumebay

with perfumes being so cheap on ebay these days.. ur better off paying a little bit more and getting something really good.
    extra ten twenty bucks and u can get the shizza my nizza.

English Leather & Jovan Musk

Ironically, I just scored a brand new vintage set from the late 1960's off Ebay. It cost me $21.00. The set has never used and there was no evaporation in the bottle. It included the classic soap on a rope and a 4oz bottle of cologne all cased in a beautiful redwood box. (now that's masculine) Also included, was a small paper insert describing the whole line of English Leather products.

"On El" by J. Del Pozo...Acqua Di Gio like qualities, just sweeter and different. Also DKNY Men.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Canoe

LAGUNA!
    Live Jazz
    Claiborne Sport

I'm trying to think of bottles that you might be able to get for less than $15.

You might try:
    Tabac Original
    Worth pour Homme (possibly avail for less than $15, I think that was the price I got mine at)
    Brut
    Quorum
    Z-14

Also if you just want to get 1.7 oz bottles or even 1 oz bottles, there are some goodies to be had:
    Azzaro PH
    Cuiron (I don't know if it is still popping up at bargain basement prices)

Hopefully no matter what you get at whatever price, you'll enjoy it and deplete the bottle. That, I think would be my measure of value; how much I wear it and how much I like it. A $240 bottle of Bois du Portugal which you love and use everyday and love may be a better bargain than a $7 bottle of Brut which sits unused.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Borsari - Acqua Classica

Carven Vétiver... so cheap you wouldn't mind spraying yourself liberally to make it last longer.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

You can usually get Gucci and D&G Pour Homme quite cheap.

Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    D&G pour homme
    Lagerfeld Jako

I got fairly cheap.

Here in Germany there is a drug store chain that sells popular fragrances really cheap because they buy it in huge bulks. Yet, they carry each scent only as long as they run out of stock, so it changes from time to time...

Caractere by Daniel Hechter!

Most people seem to like the Diesel scents.

4711 Eau de Cologne
    Tabu
    Ma Griffe
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Diesel ++,Unbound,Iceberg Twice and Spark

With the introduction of online auction sites as well as the Basenotes swap board, there's absolutely no reason why one can't smell good, and do so cheaply. Instead of paying $25 retail for a cheap mediocre scent, buy two 1/3 oz artisinal decants instead.

Best,

#