Code of Conduct

Thread: Aquatic Scents

Default Aquatic Scents

I'm looking for a new Aquatic type scent. I have Acqua Di Gio and I like it alot, but it's time for something different. I've also tried L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme, but I thought it was more spicy than Aquatic.

I really would like to get Creed's Erolfa, but I dont have that much to spend right now. Keep in mind that I'm in my late 20's, I'm sure that will have something to do with what kind of Aquatic I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Default Re: Aquatic Scents

First of all: I don`t think Erolfa is worth the high price at all. So IMO don`t worry about it. ( It does smell good of course, but it`s nothing special)

Hmm...I know this might sound grazy, but how about Xeryus Rouge...To me it smells like sweet, red-coloured ocean. (With fruits and spices floating on the surface)

I recommend everyone to try Harley-Davidson Free Space. Give it a chance and you find something similar to Coolwater, but more sweet and sensual with gourmand touch. It`s great aquatic/blue fragrance.

I'd give Carolina Herrera's 212 Men a go, even though it is not really an aquatic scent.

Bulgari Aqua is along the lines of Erolfa, but not as "salty", and not as expensive. Duration is actually quite long, although I can't say I smell it at the end of the day. My fiancee loves this one on me at the end of the day.

My personal fave for an aquatic-type of frag is Chrome. My bottle has recently shattered due to my clumsiness.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I think Erolfa is very special. Probably as special as ketchup. ;D
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Hey, if you like Erolfa (like I do, it's absolutely great!!!) get it cheaper off of ebay. Also, give Imperiale Millesime a try... And - of course - the famous GIT!

Bvlgari Aqua is nice, too. One of the best releases of the past year.

ER, maybe L'Eau par Kenzo is what you're lookin for! It's definitely one to go for in summer.

Haven't tried it, but some swear that Comptoir Sud Pacific Aqua Motu is THE best aquatic scent.

Look for Boss Elements Aqua on the internet.

And Grant, thanks for keeping the boards green for this Valentines!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm another fan of Erolfa. i do think it's betterthan most aquatics. I'm just not sure that it's worth spending that much more on a scent that's only slightly better than most other aquatics.

Bulgari Aqua is a good choice. It seems a little more classy than most aquatics.

I smelled Aqua Motu back at the begining of Summer and wasn't that impressed.

I love Bulgari Aqua and Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil

And let`s not forget Kenzo Pour Homme. (I love these new smileys)

Don't forget of trying:
    Herrera Aqua
    Davidoff Echo

Have you tried Halston Unbound? It's a stronger and fruitier version of Acqua Di Gio. It's cheap too.

I would also suggest an aquatic-oriental scent. Dunhill Desire Blue is a great take on the aquatic theme.

new west (no brainer)
    concur on the desire blue tef
    aquaman rochas

Sorry, but I really hate Desire blue, it's cloyingly sweet and waaay too feminine... And don't forget NOT to buy Rochas Aquaman, I found that not aquatic at all... Actually that and Desire blue were one of the few scents that made me sick! :-X

As far as aquatic orientals go - give Salvador Dali Laguna atry -you might like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    First of all: I don`t think Erolfa is worth the high price at all. So IMO don`t worry about it. ( It does smell good of course, but it`s nothing special)
    Gasp! * Heresy! *Alas, I concur. *We'll be in the minority, but to me Erolfa smells like, *well , *water---that's it. *It's not stagnant water *but no astounding poetic vistas about ancient wooden ships, *as some reviewers have rhapsodized.

shifts: You forgot Caroline Herrera's 212 H2O , *have you tried it?

Cheers,

Mario

My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Aqua Motu by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I love Erolfa! :-*

Especially because it's very similar to Imperiale Millesime, but not so on the feminine side. It's actually more wearable for a man than Imperiale, although I love this one, too.

Bvlgari Aqva
    L'Eau par Kenzo
    YSL Live Jazz

H2 by Hummer...another scent by an automobile company, but honestly it's really good!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Have you tried Halston Unbound?
    I havent tried this one yet, but did hear about the similarities to AdG. *I'm looking forward to trying it.

Don't forget of trying:
    Herrera Aqua
    Davidoff Echo
    I actually forgot to mention that I have tried and own Echo. I love it. It's so metallic, but that's exactly what it's meant to be. It has very good longevity too.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I think Erolfa is very special. Probably as special as ketchup. *;D
    ???????
    What does that mean? You like it so much that you use it on everything or were you being sarcastic and saying it was ordinary?

In my opinion, Erolfa isn't that good especially for the money. I agree with Bulgari and Chrome. What's the opinon of Hei? I didn't have the longevity problem I heard complained about. Unfortunately, the time I tried the wrist test I forgot which wrist it was on, but both lasted the whole day.

My favourite aquatic/marine scents include
    Aquaman
    Kenzo Homme
    Nautica original
    Biotherm Aquafitness
    Gant Indigo
    Insense Ultramarine and its many varieties,

and containing some aquatic/marine notes
    Escape
    Michael Jordan Cologne
    Laguna

Renato

Without hesitation I will throw my recommendation behind the scent to garner the most mention thus far: Bulgari Aqua. Definitely has the Bulgari "fingerprint," but is deeper and more interesting than your typical aquatic scent, and does last an impressive long time. I find there to be a lot of quality in this one, and at the typical discounted price represents a great value.

Jeff

Was wondering when someone was going to mention Kenzo.
    In my opinion a finw aquatic,

Unbound,Laguna and Chrome

Creed MI

I'm also not a fan of Desire Blue.

No, wait, ignore that...it's great...which is why I happen to have a bottle up for swap. *Come on...I know someone wants it. *It rules!!! ;D