Code of Conduct

Default Burberry yet again redesign their signature scent

This company is wacked! So far their have been three diffent creations of Burberry has a signature scent one in the 80's then that was discontinued and relaunched totally diffrent in the early 90's that one was discontinued and then again relaunched totally diffrent in the late 90's as Burberry London.

Well again for 2006 Burberry is going to launch a new masterbrand Burberry London! Does this mean the one out now is going to be discontinued?

Default Re: Burberry yet again redesign their signature sc

I heard that the current Burberry London (the one in the red box with the tartan trim) will be renamed to simply Burberry but will not be discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank goodness! London's one of my faves!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBoy
    I heard that the current Burberry London (the one in the red box with the tartan trim) will be renamed to simply Burberry but will not be discontinued.
    Funny it use to be just Burberrys and then then changed it to Burberry London dropping the 's' from the Burberry name.

Why don't they come out with a fragrance called Promsum?

Post Thanks / Like

Regrettably for those of us that have long memories Burberry is now a real disappointment. In the 70's and 80's it was a traditional outfitter with a proud history going back at least to the Boer War when officers started wearing Burberry weatherproofs on active service.

Now the House is reduced to revamping very ordinary perfumes in order to keep in the fading limelight. Its association with the 'Chav' movement is another unfortunate image problem

Yeah, Burberry has become synonymous with rip-off baseball caps worn by thugs saying stuff like: "You want some, you c**t?" Not the best of images.

Funny you mention that Leopoldo...

It brings back a memory i have of being in Boston Store a couple months ago. There were a couple of white boys that were as ghetto poser as you can imagine (big puffy coats, cocked baseball hat with bandanas underneath, baggy sagging jeans, Timberland boots...etc) that absolutely reeked of marijuana and i heard one say to the other "I'll show you what i got, it's Burberry"...That moment has permanently tarnished the Burberry name to me. I don't like wearing what other people wear, let alone losers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMaivia
    Funny you mention that Leopoldo...

It brings back a memory i have of being in Boston Store a couple months ago. *There were a couple of white boys that were as ghetto poser as you can imagine (big puffy coats, cocked baseball hat with bandanas underneath, baggy sagging jeans, Timberland boots...etc) that absolutely reeked of marijuana and i heard one say to the other "I'll show you what i got, it's Burberry"...That moment has permanently tarnished the Burberry name to me. *I don't like wearing what other people wear, let alone losers like that.
    I think we forget that when the street embraces a look that is what makes the house so popular. Louis Vuitton, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Gucci, now London has it Burberry!

Knock off ....the companys complain about it but it make those who crave the really thing go out and buy it.

burberry has different lines. i believe Burberry Prorsum is the fashion foward high fashion line, and Burberry London is the classic trenchcoats and more traditionally/conservatively cut pieces.

i hate the ghettoization of fashion. but such is life.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    i hate the ghettoization of fashion. *but such is life.
    My thoughts exactly. All that I hope is that 10 years (though I pray much sooner) from now people will finally look back and think "what the hell was I thinking and why didnt someone stop me" lol.

To redesign a fragrance that much is overdoing it a bit. Do any of the re-designs have anything in common with the fragrance they replaced? Hmm I guess if I ever wany anything from Burberry I will just stick with Brit.

Anyone old enough to remember when Abercrombie & Fitch was the outdoor outfitter of choice for the the better sort of gentleman... the best of fly rods and wicker creels?

Jae, at 17 I have to admit that I was only recently made aware of the history of Abercrombie and Fitch. That answered my question as to how they were able to proclaim they have been in business since 1892. I guess. Oh, how things change, right?

(To everyone else, sorry for getting off track)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    Jae, at 17 I have to admit that I was only recently made aware of the history of Abercrombie and Fitch. That answered my question as to how they were able to proclaim they have been in business since 1892. I guess. Oh, how things change, right?

(To everyone else, sorry for getting off track)
    Not at all - I can feel a new thread coming on 'The decline of Burberry and the demise of the Gentleman'.....on the Fashion and Style board ;D

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that what everybody refers to as Burberry London is really just "Burberry". The mini I have says "Burberrys" in large letters and just below it says "of London". This is the same as the picture in the Basenotes directory (also on perfumebay.com). But the picture on the burberry.com site shows the same bottles but with only the word "Burberry". I hope they don't discontinue it. Guess I better buy a couple bottles of that "whatzitcalled."

~mad