Code of Conduct

Thread: my introduction

Default my introduction

Hello everybody.I'm new and I'm glad 2 be a member here..1 thing that I like so much about this site is the poetic stories behind lots of frags..and I'm starting my collection now.sometimes when I'm chillin doin nothin.I would log on to here and get lost reading post....what do you all think bout my start of frags I have...envy, obsession, dreamer, d&g, which I like and nobile,black code perry ellis 360,curve,which I don't care for...givenchy blue label and santa fe are ok and I got a few on the way

Default Re: my introduction

Welcome Flee!!!

Nice to have 'ya aboard!! And yer collection.....well, that looks like a fine start!! Just remember: It's all about what you like and what smells good on you!! I have learned (since joining Basenotes) that just because there is a "buzz" over a fragrance, it doesn't mean that everyone has to own it or that it works on everyone.

My advice: Take your time. Sample a lot. Trust your nose.

Have a great time here!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome Flee and just wanted to add my 2 cents, it's sometimes nice to take a break for a week or two from the site to keep away from getting addicted/sucked in too deep into the obsession.

Happy collecting

Your collection is off to a good start. Envy and Obsession are among my favorite Oriental scents for evening and romantic occasions. But remember that quality is better than quantity. So don't get too hung up on trying to obtain a long list of scents. When I first started, I bought everything in sight and then later ended up parring down my collection because it got out of control. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to Basenotes

Welcome and enjoy!!! 8-)

Welcome. Good choice of frags!

Welcome aboard!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Welcome Flee and just wanted to add my 2 cents, it's sometimes nice to take a break for a week or two from the site to keep away from getting addicted/sucked in too deep into the obsession.

Happy collecting
    I completely agree with this sage advice. My first week on Bnotes, back in September or so, I spent almost $300 blind buying all kinds of crazy crap. Take it nice and easy, a well-rounded wardrobe is a joy to behold, but wildly amassing everything that pops up in the forum will kill your credit cards, burn out your nostrils and crowd up your bathroom cupboard.

Welcome and listen to all these guys here...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=DrOfTheSoul link=1137462379/0#2 date=1137466776]Welcome Flee and just wanted to add my 2 cents, it's sometimes nice to take a break for a week or two from the site to keep away from getting addicted/sucked in too deep into the obsession.

Happy collecting
    I completely agree with this sage advice. My first week on Bnotes, back in September or so, I spent almost $300 blind buying all kinds of crazy crap. Take it nice and easy, a well-rounded wardrobe is a joy to behold, but wildly amassing everything that pops up in the forum will kill your credit cards, burn out your nostrils and crowd up your bathroom cupboard.[/quote]

$450 in my first month for me haha

Welcome to basenotes!

Welcome, flee;

I, too am fairly new to the forum (couple of months). The guys (and gals) who post here have been very kind and helpful to me, as I'm sure you will find also.

To repeat comments already made. Do not buy all the frags that people go ga ga
    over. I learned the hard way and did many blind buys, some that I regret! If you want to try something and cannot find it where you live, by all means purchase a sample or decant before buying a full bottle. Believe me, you, and your wallet, will love yourself for doing this.

Jim

Welcome to Basenotes Flee.... Sounds like you have a great group of scents in your collection. As it has already been said....sample, sample, sample. Be careful when buying blind....that's without sampling....buying blindly can cost aloy of money.....so sample as much as possible.
    Again, welcome to Basenotes.
    Gary

From what you write you seem to like Orientals, and not care for fougere and chypre scents.

My advice is - don't necessarily trust your nose. Scents you may not care for at the moment may suddenly seem pretty good in a different season or setting or temperature/humidity environment. Plenty of people here will disagree, but I think orientals are best at night for going out - they have a party feel about them, while the others you have can have more of a casual or work feel about them.
    Renato