Code of Conduct

Default Paris Hilton "Just Me" - New

Looks like the Paris Hilton line isn't a one-and-done deal, as Paris has concocted (lol) a new fragrance. *The original was surprisingly nice for my nose, and from the notes, it looks like this one has potential to be good as well.

From <www.Macys.com>,

"The chilled fresh burst of Sicilian Bergamot, Lemon Zest and Tangerine combined with Black Currant and Key Lime are intertwined with the lushness of Crushed Grass to open this warm sensuous fragrance. Sea Breezes waft into clary Sage and Clove Bud, blending soft marine notes with a spicy cool undertone. Redwood and Incense combine to add strength and richness and lead into the heart of masculinity topped with Lotus. The sinewy muscle that powers this scent is the dry down combination of exotic Patchouli, unusual Amazon Moss, magical Amber Crystal and the passion of Musk."

Has anyone sampled this?

("Paris Hilton sucks!" is NOT an answer to the question)

Default Re: Paris Hilton "Just Me" - New

Don't laugh! But it really not bad at all. Just shame its got the name Paris Hilton Just me for men

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Don't laugh! But it really not bad at all. Just shame its got the name Paris Hilton Just me for men

Paris Hilton's just the marketing label... Who's the real manufacturer? For the Britney Spears fragrances it's actually Elizabeth Arden...

I have not tried it, but I believe it is made by Parlux Fragrances here in Fort Lauderdale.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I have not tried it, but I believe it is made by Parlux Fragrances here in Fort Lauderdale.

Yup, it's Parlux. They also do Guess, Anne Klein, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Looks like the Paris Hilton line isn't a one-and-done deal, as Paris has concocted (lol) a new fragrance. *The original was surprisingly nice for my nose, and from the notes, it looks like this one has potential to be good as well.

From <www.Macys.com>,

"The chilled fresh burst of Sicilian Bergamot, Lemon Zest and Tangerine combined with Black Currant and Key Lime are intertwined with the lushness of Crushed Grass to open this warm sensuous fragrance. Sea Breezes waft into clary Sage and Clove Bud, blending soft marine notes with a spicy cool undertone. Redwood and Incense combine to add strength and richness and lead into the heart of masculinity topped with Lotus. The sinewy muscle that powers this scent is the dry down combination of exotic Patchouli, unusual Amazon Moss, magical Amber Crystal and the passion of Musk."

Has anyone sampled this?

My issue with the new fragrance is the notes. Basically its citrus with tee and aquatic notes. That's what every fragrance is nowdays. Zero originality. I want to see someone try to mix aquatic with amber or try to make a dirty citrus. How about tea and tobacco. Let's try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharrisonmc

My issue with the new fragrance is the notes. Basically its citrus with tee and aquatic notes. That's what every fragrance is nowdays. Zero originality. I want to see someone try to mix aquatic with amber or try to make a dirty citrus. How about tea and tobacco. Let's try something new.
    Try "Very Irresistable". The sesame notes are really something else... Really makes you stand out, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharrisonmc
    [quote author=John link=1137542508/0#0 date=1137542508]Looks like the Paris Hilton line isn't a one-and-done deal, as Paris has concocted (lol) a new fragrance. *The original was surprisingly nice for my nose, and from the notes, it looks like this one has potential to be good as well.

From <www.Macys.com>,

Has anyone sampled this?

My issue with the new fragrance is the notes. *Basically its citrus with tee and aquatic notes. *That's what every fragrance is nowdays. *Zero originality. *I want to see someone try to mix aquatic with amber or try to make a dirty citrus. *How about tea and tobacco. *Let's try something new.
    [/quote]

I believe Cristobal mixes Tea and Tobacco. Its nothing ground breaking.

It smells good and quite fruity! I would not buy it for the name which I guess is superficial but oh well.

Basenotes Junkie

I heard it smells very similar to Acqua di Gio.

Anything Paris Hilton for me - Pass.

not good

I can picture it:
    Woman: That smell absolutely wonderful! What do you have on?
    Me: Paris Hilton

I wear Just Me often in summer. I like it better than the rather plain Aqua di Gio.

I'm also very fond of Paris Hilton Heir in summer - it doesn't have the longevity of Just Me and For Men, but I just put on double the amount.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    I can picture it:
    Woman: That smell absolutely wonderful! What do you have on?
    Me: Paris Hilton
    My 17y.o. nephew has over 70 scents now, and is adamant that Paris Hilton For Men is his No.1 compliment getter by far.
    He had me order two more bottles of it for him, as he'd used up the old one I gave him.

Don't be too hasty shunning a scent because you don't like the celebrity on it.
    Regards,
    Renato

Im almost twice your nephew's age (good thing I dont look it, yea boi lol) and PH for Men is also one of my top compliment getters. Certainly a far cry in terms of attention from other people for my Lutens and other discontinued treasures. Oh well ...

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I heard it smells very similar to Acqua di Gio.
    Yup but Just Me smells better; there's a vibrant currant note if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by funhuntr View Post
    Im almost twice your nephew's age (good thing I dont look it, yea boi lol) and PH for Men is also one of my top compliment getters. Certainly a far cry in terms of attention from other people for my Lutens and other discontinued treasures. Oh well ...
    Amazing, is it not?

I'm surprised the Lutens didn't garner more attention for you, since they are among the few niche scents that actually do have a lot of strength, projection and longevity in them.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 3rd August 2012 at 04:48 PM.