Code of Conduct

Default Pino Sylvestre/Good blind buy????

I have become really intrigued by this scent. The bottle is cool and since its in the shape of a pine cone i am going to have to assume its a good pine scent. Is it? If someone could describe it for me i would appreciate it. Thanks

steve
    Awesomeguy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pino Sylvestre/Good blind buy????

I have the foam bath shower gel to this and it is pure, clean fresh pine - very woody, green and masculine. I do not find it heavy though with bright citrus top notes which inspire images of sunlight through branches and leaves. If you like manly scents and above all love pine this should work for very well for you!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

It's an atrocious scent reminscent of mold.

I also made the mistake of buying it blind, years ago, because I wanted a woods/pine accord, and the bottle was cool.

There's nothing "outdoors " in this one. Pass on it.

My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I'm gonna go right in between the above two responses. I don't think it's atrocious, but I don't think it's a good scent either. It starts out fairly nice ... but dries down like a very cheap cologne to my nose. It also smells very dated to me after the drydown and gets worse and worse.

Maybe it will work for you but definitely a "sample before you buy" fragrance.

I love pine scents. Polo, Blenheim bouquet etc.

I bought Pino sylvestre about a 6 months ago. Great opening, horrible dry down.

Hope you haven't ordered!! It's vile..

As completely revolting as I think it is, I would have to agree, it does start out ok - but then it just dries down to vomit.

Blog Entries

LOL @ the responses.... ;D

No half hearted replies here. I only use a little of it in the bath with other bath & body products and follow with Halston Original or Guerlain Winter Delice perfume therefore do not have to suffer the agonies of 'vile / vomit' in the drydown as mentioned by others. I choose not to buy the EDT of it as I find it too greenly masculine for personal use.

I would say however that scent is very personal and subjective. Try, if you can to get a sample or decant of this before you buy a full bottle, I am sure many of those who have trashed it could provide you with or steer you towards where to get a decant (even a full bottle). It may work for you.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

francois

Got a bottle in a swap a few months ago, but didn't like it at all.
    (no offense to those who like it!)
    I found it synthetic and strange smelling.

The scent isn't expensive, but at the same time it isn't all that great. All I recall getting out of the scent was pine. I guess if you really like pine, this might be OK, but there are some other scents with pine in it which are blended better or are more wearable:

Blenheim Bouquet (One of my favorites. However, formal and expensive)
    Bowling Green (I believe it is discontinued. Citric with pine and a touch of spice)
    Acqua di Selva (Soapy-pine fragrance. I am not sure whether it lasts long on the skin, but is subtle, or it has a short duration.)

I think Yatagan has pine in it, but Yatagan is in a category all its own, and you should defintitely try before you buy Yatagan.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio