Code of Conduct

Default Funny little story...

This was quite a nightmare for some time... but it has a nice ending.

It all started at christmas when I had a Black Code deo stick as a gift. I actually wanted a Bulgari Black deo stick but the SA had told my aunt that they didn't have Bulgari Black but that Black Code was just as good... yeah, right. Anyway, it was going back. Black Code is an ok scent but I don't need just a deo stick and I wasn't planning on buying the EdT. I had a lot of stuff to do and suddenly I found out that I only had 3 days left if I had to return it to the shop for something else. No way to get the money back. Problem is, this shop doesn't have anything but the most mainstream scents here in Denmark. So I had 3 days to decide what to get and I decided to go for a shower gel or throw in a little extra money for an EdT.

So I went to the shop. Tons of mainstream stuff I didn't really like. I usually buy scents a lot cheaper in airports as they are very expensive in general here. I'm a student so I don't have a lot of money. It also had to be rather cheap. My first surprise was that the Black Code deo stick is somewhat expensive here. It retails at 30 (35$)! Probably the most expensive deo stick I have ever held in my hands. Definitely not worth that much money.

I found L'eau Par which is nice and cheap but I already have that one. I also found a Clinique Happy shower gel but it was only 20 and I didn't want to waste the last 10 on something silly if I could get something better. Then I found out that they actually had Mugler Cologne. I had a hard time choosing between it and Clinique Happy. Happy is quite mainstream but I think there's a reason it is. Very nice and doesn't have that sharp edge that most citruses have. Smells like clean skin and mandarins. Mugler Cologne is clean too and would be rather nice for exams and job interviews where you want to smell clean and inoffensive. I figured out that I probably wouldn't use it as much as Happy so I decided to throw in an extra 10 for a 50ml Happy although I still wasn't really satisfied as I usually only buy scents I really, really like a lot. But I didn't have much time and I sure didn't want to get stuck with a Black Code deo stick...

I went to the counter and suddenly I saw something that looked like a Burberry Brit gift set on top of the shelves behind the SA. Brit is very rare to find here. It has actually been on my wish list for quite some time but I know that I won't be using it as much as my other scents and it's quite expensive here so I didn't really have the money to justify a full bottle yet... I could see that it was a gift set with a 30ml EdT and a 100ml shower gel. I asked the SA how much it was and she replied with "it's just part of our decorations... I don't think you can buy it". What? I told her in a nice manner that it really looked a lot like a gift set and that you can usually buy those. I had her take it down and she disappeared for a while to check if it was for sale. It was! It was even cheaper than the Happy 50ml EdT.

So I ended up paying 8 more to get both a quite good EdT AND a shower gel. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Funny little story...

Yeahhhhhhh!!!! Good story - good price - good scent!! What more can you ask for ???????? [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

A good outcome, since effectively it only cost you 8 Euros. But with such expensive prices, you should be training your aunt in where to shop on the internet.
    Renato

Hehe, I don't think she's going to buy anything on the internet ever. ;D

Just tried the shower gel. Although they can't do the same soft vanilla base as the EdT it's actually pretty close. Not very potent compared to other shower gels though.

After testing MC and Happy I just realized that I have to get something more for summer. L'eau Par is nice but it's just... citrus... not much character to it. All I get is "fresh, cold and clean" or "sporty teenager" but I just realized that it's not really that interesting. I'm actually using it as aftershave at the moment...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I'm actually using it as aftershave at the moment...
    You're a tougher man than me. I can't even use most aftershave splashes as aftershave, without putting a protective layer of Nivea or Rexona for Men Balm on first.

There are heaps of good summer scents, but it depends what you want to do during summer. I wore lots of them while wandering around a very hot Europe last year, but the only one that never conked out on me was Azzaro Chrome (which isn't much of a favourite at Basenotes).
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=minilomaniac link=1137266927/0#3 date=1137333765] I'm actually using it as aftershave at the moment...
    You're a tougher man than me. I can't even use most aftershave splashes as aftershave, without putting a protective layer of Nivea or Rexona for Men Balm on first.

There are heaps of good summer scents, but it depends what you want to do during summer. I wore lots of them while wandering around a very hot Europe last year, but the only one that never conked out on me was Azzaro Chrome (which isn't much of a favourite at Basenotes).
    Renato
    [/quote]
    It hurts a bit but I'd rather take the 10 seconds of pain than the 10 hours of itching... it's not that painful I think.

I've thought about Chrome but I use L'eau Par for the very hot days when nothing else works. Not much works at 30 degrees celsius or more. But it usually isn't that hot all the time here so I might go for something a little more sophisticated... I'm going to New York soon so I'll test Geir... I don't know if it's too powerful for a summer scent though.

Post Thanks / Like

L'eau Par Kenzo only lasts about 3 hours on me at the best of times. I was trudging around Italy in 36 or 37 degree heat when all my other ones were dying on me. With only the occasional 30 degree day, I don't think you'll have any problem finding a good summery scent that will see you through that kind of warmish weather (I'm in Australia, where we had a 43 degree day two weeks ago).

If I were to use L'eau Par the way you do, I'd have 10 hours of itching AND 10 hours of pain.
    Renato