Code of Conduct

Default Best EDP (or higher oil content)

I'll throw this out there. It is frustrating to find some great houses only offer EdT for men's cologne. I understand the reasoning behind it.. but if a scent is well made, and designed to be EdP from day one, creating a good one is definitely acheivable. Long lasting EDP only...

Whats your fave, or whats the best in your opinion.. again EdP (or higher oil content) only?

Default Re: Best EDP (or higher oil content)

Easy...Jaipur Pour Homme, Geir, Premier Figuier Extreme

There are quite a few:

1. Geir (only offered in EDP)
    2. Hanae Mori HM
    3. Opium PH
    4. Ambre Extreme (much improved from L'eau d'Ambre)
    5. Jaipur Homme

With some scents, I'm quite satisfied with the EDT version. I can't even imagine how A*men would be in EDP form.

you would need 2 spritz for a week, but you wouldn't fill rooms with scent just by passing in the corridor :P

Bois du Portugal
    Geir

I am not sure what the concentration is of YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentrate, but that is one of my faves.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

L'Instant pour Homme extreme (edp) and Heritage edp , both by Guerlain ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by n8nmc
    I'll throw this out there. It is frustrating to find some great houses only offer EdT for men's cologne. I understand the reasoning behind it.. but if a scent is well made, and designed to be EdP from day one, creating a good one is definitely acheivable. Long lasting EDP only...

Whats your fave, or whats the best in your opinion.. again EdP (or higher oil content) only?

I DONT understand the reasoning behind it. So i ask, what IS the reasoning behind it?
    Awesomeguy

Editions de Parfum F. Malle have generally more than 10 to 15 PV perfume. Categories EDC, EDT, EDP are not in their vocabulary. I believe something similar can be said about Villoresi and Lutens' scents. And they last correspondingly.

Bandit, Shalimar and Mitsouko are available in EDP quality. Guerlain's Derby possibly has a higher than EDT concentration, it lasts particularly well. And Habit Rouge, to my knowledge, also exists as a concentrée.
    Likewise, Caron fragrances do not all seem to be ordinary Edt / Edc's, but I have not checked that.

And then there are various p e r f u m e s, like Mitsouko and Cuir de Russie, for example.

Unfortunately, the Basenotes directory does not indicate anything about concentration.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    L'Instant pour Homme extreme (edp) and Heritage edp , both by Guerlain ofcourse
    Eric, 'Heritage edp' ? Lucky you. Mine is EDT and where I buy, they usually ask what concentration I want, if there is a choice. I now checked with Strawberry net, they also only offer EDT. I wonder what went wrong. When did you buy yours?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    [quote author=eric link=1137176799/0#5 date=1137184560]L'Instant pour Homme extreme (edp) and Heritage edp , both by Guerlain ofcourse
    Eric, 'Heritage edp' ? Lucky you. Mine is EDT and where I buy, they usually ask what concentration I want, if there is a choice. I now checked with Strawberry net, they also only offer EDT. I wonder what went wrong. When did you buy yours?
    [/quote]

Oh, it's available in stores here (Douglas etc.), but you can order it online also, you can try this one.http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...iew/heritage02
    (the pic they show there is the wrong one, it's the edt)

By the way, I only have the L'Instant pour homme edp. The Heritage edp , is one of those I sampled a thousand times, but I never get to buy in the end.

Oh I have the Heritage EDP, OH YES!

Many much yumsters! ;D

Narcus, where do you live? If you live in Germany, you can order it from the German Douglas website: http://www.douglas.de/DGCatProductPa...oduct_Id=28810

Opium PH EDP without a second thought, the best EDP ever! And the ultimate oriental scent. This one actually smells like triditional Indian or Chinese scents.

Quote Originally Posted by mugler
    Opium PH EDP without a second thought, the best EDP ever! And the ultimate oriental scent. This one actually smells like triditional Indian or Chinese scents.

AMEN to that!

Opium, Boucheron PH and Jaipur.

I tried L'Instant in EDP version but was put off it - it was too sickly. The balance in the EDT is better.