Code of Conduct

Default Multiple Leather Scents

I've had Gomma by Etro for about a year, somewhat recently added the rather similar Knize Ten, and today purchased Creed's Royal English Leather. I'm glad I can detect enough differences among these to justify (at the times of the second and third purchases, anyway) owning all three. Still, I wonder if I'm going to end up favoring one (REL?) while the others languish. Any thoughts on this, or about distinctions among these three that I might find useful on days when I want to wear a leather but can't decide which one.

A pretty weighty issue, I know
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Default Re: Multiple Leather Scents

Haven't smelled REL, but in my opinion Gomma is much simpler than Knize Ten. I like both, but Gomma is great to layer with other scent because of it's simplicity.

Should you decide to retire Ten, im sure you can move it quickly on the boards here, as it is hard-to-come-by and has a certain degree of prestige to it.

From what I recall, I believe Knize Ten had a bit more spice to it than REL, but both seem to have a common mandarin note; I prefer Knize Ten. Also REL didn't last on my skin, maybe it will on yours. Don't know anything about Gomma.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I`d recommend to find a little more leather scents to dig in.
    Like Montale`s Oud Cuir d`Arabie, SL Cuir Mauresque, Guerlain`s Derby and Caron`s Tabac Blonde...
    Not to mention vintage Bandit by Piguet and Cuir de Lancome
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I'm surprised that the classic Chanel's Cuir de Russie hasn't been mentioned. To me, it is the epitome of leather scents.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove