Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Similar to Carolina Herrera for Men

Good Morning Everyone,

Thinking about a purchase of Carolina Herrera for Men, after reading about it on the Night Out Scent Post. I have heard, in the past, that if you own Platinum Egoiste to save your money, since they are so close. Also heard it is very close to D&G PH.

Can anyone familiar with this frag tell me if it is similar to these other two. I love the other two but do not want to purchase another one like them.

Thanks,

Jim

Default Re: Similar to Carolina Herrera for Men

Many say that it's a stronger version of Paco XS but I don't think they're that similar. It lacks the peppery base of XS. Herrera is a rich citrus scent that may remind you of the topnotes of Platinum Egoiste and D&G PH, but I don't think it would be a duplicate purchase. If you want another fragrance along the same lines, then I would suggest Boucheron Pour Homme. (Test the Eau de Parfum version as it's a lot better than the toilette IMO.)

Carolina is much deeper than D&G!
    Keep in mind it has strong notes of ginger and clove. It's a powerhouse scent! In my humble opinion It's a more formal than casual fragrance.
    I don't see any similarity between this one and Paco XS. I think Paco is sweet and spicy and I don't notice any sweet note in Herrera.

Thanks teflon,

Will go test this one today. Just did not want to make a similar purchase to the other two. Have a great day.

Jim

Despite their close positioning in the "fresh fougere" region on the H&R Genealogy, I really don't see any similarities between Herrera for Men and D&G PH, the latter simply nowhere near spicy/gingery enough. I think that Tea for Two bears much more in common with Herrera for Men, as does Essenza di Zegna. Heck, even Cartier's Must & Pasha Pour Hommes (+ Essence version) are in the same general olfactory ballpark as Herrera for Men, along withTuscany and Biagiotti Uomo.

Jeff

Well i have always thought that Herrera FM was very unique ...and many others just don't smell even similar to me...why don't you try the limited editions of herrera FM wich are "similar" but have just a different take on it?, one has more ginger and the other has more vetiver i believe...

There are actually two other versions of this scent:
    - One with more added ginger, appropriately called: Herrera For Men Refreshing Ginger
    - One with more vetiver: Herrera For Men Sensual Vetiver

I have deliberately avoided the ginger and vetiver derivations of Herrera for men because they are limited editions.
    I'm still getting therapy after the discontinuation of Patou PH (my Holy Grail) and will not deliberately develop strong emotions for another fragrance I know will leave me...

Damn... I need more therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey
    I have deliberately avoided the ginger and vetiver derivations of Herrera for men because they are limited editions.
    I'm still getting therapy after the discontinuation of Patou PH (my Holy Grail) and will not deliberately develop strong emotions for another fragrance I know will leave me...

Damn... I need more therapy.
    Imagine if a woman of your dreams was to offer herself to you for only one time. Would you dismiss her offer because you weren't going to be with her the second time?
    Seriously, don't let the limited edition, or discountiuned fragrances keep you from enjoying them. Half the fun is chasing after some of this stuff. *;D

If you can test Blind Date ( by Maeurer&Wirtz), you may see it as a very interesting copycat of Herrera. It`s like they were trying to carbon copied it, and failed for this very delicious fougere scent. I like them both.

Many, many years back I tried Herrera for Men...my initial thought was that it smelt like Romance for Men but with a little pepper....i always enjoyed the dry down, however never ventured a bottle. Its one I continue to sample every now and then....maybe i should just inherit a bottle.
    Have been curious about the limited editions though.....cant wait to sample them.
    Cheers
    Sarjeet

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackfan
    Good Morning Everyone,

Thinking about a purchase of Carolina Herrera for Men, after reading about it on the Night Out Scent Post. *I have heard, in the past, *that if you own Platinum Egoiste to save your money, since they are so close. *Also heard it is very close to D&G PH.

Can anyone familiar with this frag tell me if it is similar to these other two. *I love the other two but do not want to purchase another one like them.

Thanks,

Jim
    They are nothing siilar to my nose at all! Having said that, if you don't mind springing the bucks, go for Creed Neorli Sauvage which is much better. If you don't have the bucks, Carolina H. for Men is a great alternative! Go for it!

A frag I just got, Joseph Abboud, reminds me of Herrerrerrrrra (oops). *It's the ginger. *Kind of a rare note in men's frags in my experience. *It's what links them together in my mind! * :

On Gilligan's Island, Ginger was teh hawt.
    (Although my gf's name is MaryAnn!)
    : : : :