Code of Conduct

Default Mouchoir de Monsieur vs Jicky

I just got a decant of Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur and I love it. I own Jicky parfum and I smell a striking similarity between the two. I was planning on buying the PdT of Jicky but now I might get a bottle of Mouchoir instead. What are your thoughts on these? Also I'd love to try Derby. Is it anything similar to these two?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Mouchoir de Monsieur vs Jicky

To my nose, Derby is a leather/woods number that has similarities to Jules and Bel Ami. (DISCLAIMER: OK, I'M WRONG! THEY SMELL NOTHING ALIKE AT ALL!)

Derby smells nothing like MdM or Jicky.

I own all three of the scents you mentioned and, despite the raves that Jicky gets here, it's borderline too feminine for me, both the EDT and the parfume.

The dearly departed Derby and MdM are far more masculine.

Derby is a classic example of Perfumes They Should Never Have Discontinued...

If you like Derby, then you're more than likely gravitating toward fragrances with woody/arid structures.
    You may wish to look into Sud Est (by Romeo Gigli). It's a dry, woody scent which is similar in character to Derby.

By the way, I (often) find that Mouchoir de Monsieur is more wearable than Jicky simply due to the fact that it doesn't suffer from the malicious bitchiness, and unpredictability that so many attribute to Jicky.

I have a decant of Mouchoir and a bottle of Jicky PdT. I also find them very similar. The Jicky has a lot more lasting power and the civet is more prominent. I'm a little sorry that I didn't but the Jicky EdT instead. I don't get civet from that at all, and I think I prefer it that way.

I own and love both; they're really pretty similar. I bought Jicky EdP because I found MdM perfect for wearing during the day but a tad too weak for the evening.
    I can't detect an excessive predominance of civet in Jicky btw, find it quite easy to wear (at least during the cold months) and not at all as nasty as many BNs classify it. This proves again how subjective and individual this fragrance thing is...

I have not smelled MdM, though I have heard that it was to be the male counterpart to Jicky from a lot of people. I would love to know if there is any easy way to get your hands on MdM -apart from the large bottles you can get in Paris that cost an arm and a leg.