Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amouage Attars???

I am thinking of buying a few Amouage attars in 1 ml size, but I have only tried a few, and would like to ask those of you who have tried them, to describe them, as I have found little or no information about them:

Ohood
    Shams Al Doha
    Molook

Also Asrar, which there are a few reviews of, but I'd like to know what it could be compared to...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I own Molook. It is a wonderful ambergris based composition, with the sparkly, salty character of the material in evidence. Some people also detect a lot of clean rose - it's certainly there, though ambergris is more evident to my nose. Very luminous and unlike most of the darker oudh compositions of the house.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I own Molook. It is a wonderful ambergris based composition, with the sparkly, salty character of the material in evidence. Some people also detect a lot of clean rose - it's certainly there, though ambergris is more evident to my nose. Very luminous and unlike most of the darker oudh compositions of the house.

cacio
    Thanks for the description, Cacio, very useful!

Sadly most of Amouage attars will not be available to the western market from now on as of 2013.
    Any stocks that were available in the European Boutiques have now been sent back and will not be restocked until further notice :'(
    This is the information provided by the manager at the Amouage store in Lowndes street, London in one of her emails sent to me:
    " Attars will not be available from 2013 at the flagship store and following the company’s directives, the entire Attar’s stock has been already sent back to Oman."

The only attars that will be available to the western market from 2013 will be Homage and Tribute. Never mind.....it was wonderful while it lasted! May have to buy a ticket to Oman...................

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Sadly most of Amouage attars will not be available to the western market from now on as of 2013.
    Any stocks that were available in the European Boutiques have now been sent back and will not be restocked until further notice :'(
    This is the information provided by the manager at the Amouage store in Lowndes street, London in one of her emails sent to me:
    " Attars will not be available from 2013 at the flagship store and following the company’s directives, the entire Attar’s stock has been already sent back to Oman."

The only attars that will be available to the western market from 2013 will be Homage and Tribute. Never mind.....it was wonderful while it lasted! May have to buy a ticket to Oman...................
    This is terrible news! And I can't really see why they would want to do that. I am glad I bought all of the ones I wanted to own (and could afford to), but it really is a shame, I was encouraging everyone to try and eventually buy them.
    A pretty lame move, IMO.

I'm beyond disappointed.......... Went to the Lowndes street boutique on Friday and i was so sad to see the two drawers that contained my beloved Attars were totally empty...........attars will now be replaced with candles in those drawers! Really a dumb move by the people at the top! So dissapointed but am goin to cherish the 13 i have in my collection.
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 24th December 2012 at 01:16 AM.

Has anybody tried to see if Harrods or somebody similar has any left overs?

The Attars are available in Italy (e.g. at Mazzolari, Milano; Profumeria Sacro Cuore, Bologna; Alla violetta boutique (L.A.D), Napoli).

If you want to try some Arabian Oud, I recommend the following that I purchased recently from Arabian Oud. The first two are gorgeous if you like dark woody perfume aka Montale Dark Oud, Nasmatto, etc
    "AA Musc Kaaba
    (Musc & Oud)"
    "AA Musc Fakher
    (Musc Oud) "

"AA Al-Kumma
    (Saffron, Musc & Oud)"
    "AA Naief
    (Oud, Musc & Ward)"
    AA Camboodi Oud
    "AA Najdi Malaki
    (Oud, Musc, Ward & Yasmine)"

Please dont tell anybody,
    But i do believe that most Amouage attars
    are rip offs save homage only.
    Rediculoisly over priced,
    Pure oils do not normally cost that much

Which ones have you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by salim96 View Post
    Please dont tell anybody,
    But i do believe that most Amouage attars
    are rip offs save homage only.
    Rediculoisly over priced,
    Pure oils do not normally cost that much
    Each to their own I suppose.....and well done for announcing to everybody; even though I can see you were trying your very best not to tell anybody. You deserve a medal for your valiant effort.

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Each to their own I suppose.....and well done for announcing to everybody; even though I can see you were trying your very best not to tell anybody. You deserve a medal for your valiant effort.

Indeed!

I will give you examples of the oud,
    Their current top notch oud is Aoud Al-Kholood
    Which cost around $1000 for 12 ml.
    The truth is, it is not pure oud! it has some rose mixed in.
    In addition,
    There are much more higher quality ouds in the arabian markets
    Which cost at least half of what this is cost.