Code of Conduct

Default Contradiction: underrated?

CGA's affection for this scent has got me wearing it again, and all through the weekend I was enamored of it. Klein scents typically get slagged off on Basenotes, but I think contradiction deserves a second look. There is an almost Bvlgari-esque Tea note going on in this one.

I feel that among the CKs, if One is the most iconic, Eternity the most trend-setting, Obsession the most popular on BN and Truth the most generic and redundant, Contradiction has to be the sleeper hit among them, which, with a good close sniff, emerges as the most interesting of the lot. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Contradiction: underrated?

I agree that this is the best of the CK line up and then he goes and discontinues it!

I gave this one away because I had become bored with the ginger note in it. I initially liked it very much, though... 8-)

I agree, I find it perfect for a cold spring day. There is a kind of floral warm to it that is great for after the cinnamon and spice that winter requires, at least in these parts

I think it's pretty good, but just hasn't got enough lasting power on me.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I think it's pretty good, but just hasn't got enough lasting power on me.
    Renato

I agree a great scent but no long lasting at all. That stuff can go away from my clothes with out a single trace.

I used wear Contradiction when it first came out. I liked it a lot, and have always considered it to be the best Calvin Klein fragrance for men. It's a shame that it's been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by nefertem
    if One is the most iconic, Eternity the most trend-setting, Obsession the most popular on BN and Truth the most generic and redundant, Contradiction has to be the sleeper hit among them
    BTW, I like your constellation of CKs here, but i have to say that Crave should replace Truth for most redundant and generic. Furthermore, youve left out Escape, Be and the original Calvin.

Agree. This one was the nicest CK men's frag to date, IMO.

I wore Contradiction today, and double dosed on it i.e. I sprayed on 6 squirts and about an hour later put another 4 squirts on top of where I'd sprayed the other ones. I got somewhat more staying power out of it this way. It's still hanging around now 10 hours later, albeit fairly weakly.
    Renato

I have nothing but fond memories of this scent, in fact, I decided to go order some since for the provenance and the quality it's absolutely an incredible bargain.