Code of Conduct

Default Swiss Army or Grey Flannel?

I'm going to buy a small bottle (blind... as I'm too lazy & impatient to order samples) of either Swiss Army of Grey Flannel. I'm looking for something basic, unobtrusive and hopefully a bit clean. A good everyday type of inexpensive fragrance. What do you folks recommend?

-- I know I should sample first, but what the heck, this stuff is cheap enough to buy blind.

All input welcome!

Default Re: Swiss Army or Grey Flannel?

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

I'm not a huge fan of either. Also cheap are curve and cool water deep. I like both better than the two you are considering.

Grey Flannel is one of my personal favorites and it is almost always well-liked by those around me. I have never smelled Swiss Army, so I can't compare the two, but from what I hear, Swiss Army may be a little easier to wear. I think both are quality fragrances, though.

peace.

Ugh. I hate Swiss Army. I find it so synthetic smelling. I hate it so bad. Girls seem to love the stuff though and there are enough guys who wear it to satisfy them olfactorarily (haha I know this isn't a word).

Grey Flannel it is!

Swiss Army is an excellent fresh fougere scent which you can wear at any time.

Grey Flannel is an initially very harsh mossy chypre, which takes about half an hour to tone down to something wearable, after which it's okay. As Russlan once pointed out, its the ideal scent to wear with a leather jacket.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Swiss Army is an excellent fresh fougere scent which you can wear at any time.

Grey Flannel is an initially very harsh mossy chypre, which takes about half an hour to tone down to something wearable, after which it's okay. As Russlan once pointed out, its the ideal scent to wear with a leather jacket.
    Renato

Exactly!

Swiss Army is a better bet for what you are asking for--it is definately unobtrusive and clean. It gets a lot of compliments for me, too.

Grey Flannel is quite interesting and quite good, but I wouldn't call it unobtrusive.

Swiss Army is the choice Grey flannel will only last a minute

With Swiss Army be ready for compliments

It a charming scent

laurent
    Invisible Power

Swiss Army is another one of those contemporary chick magnet scents. It isn't finely crafted but it does its job well. Grey Flannel is more of a classic scent and can sometimes be too harsh to some. The violet note in it can also be a bit too much at times. It's really strong and it lasts a good while for me so don't overspray it. Both are very inexpensive so you can eventually get both in the future. But if you just want a basic clean scent for now, then Swiss Army will suit your needs.

Super input guys! That's EXACTLY the kind of info I've been looking for. I will get both, but I think Swiss Army will be the first.

BTW- I just ordered Geir... I imagine that ought to fit the 'clean' bill just fine.

As mentioned I also agree that Swiss Army is the easier of the 2 to wear. Not that Grey Flannel is not a nice scent....Swiss Army fits what you what you are looking for.
    Tell us your thoughts when your Swiss Army arrives.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by green_man
    BTW- I just ordered Geir... I imagine that ought to fit the 'clean' bill just fine.
    It's clean AND sexy.

definitely swiss army

wait, if you just ordered Geir, why are you even bothering to waste time and a tiny bit of money on the Swiss Army/Grey Flannel conundrum? I think you'll see that once Geir arrives, you will not care one iota which of the drugstore frags you bought. Enjoy!!