Code of Conduct

Default Opium Homme EDP-Opium for women

I tried Opium for women the other day and really liked it. I just recently found out that there is an Opium for men in an EDP form. I was wondering if its anything like the womens version. I cannot find the EDP versionn, or the EDT for that matter, so i was wondering how alike the mens edp is with the womens. Thanks

steve
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: Opium Homme EDP-Opium for women

Hi,

I sent you an IM....

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

francois

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I tried Opium for women the other day and really liked it. *I just recently found out that there is an Opium for men in an EDP form. *I was wondering if its anything like the womens version. *I cannot find the EDP versionn, or the EDT for that matter, so i was wondering how alike the mens edp is with the womens. *Thanks

steve
    The Opium PH EDP smells the same as the EDT, only sharper on the pepper and vanilla.
    The closest men's scent to Opium PF I found is KL Homme.
    (I have a bottle for swap; IM me if interested)

Opium pour Homme EdP is quite different to the women's IMHO. Actually, in some ways I prefer the men's EdP version as there is a wonderful ginger note that comes out on my skin and there is also cedar in the dryout- and I LOVE cedar. The women's version has a carnation note that smells very much of cloves and there is also a cinnamon note in the women's that I find the men's Opium doesn't really have. However, all that being said, women's Opium in the parfum concentration is truly a gorgeous experience- it's softer, yet richer and all the notes blend beautifully. So much better than the women's EdT concentration which I find on the harsh side.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Honestly, for both the Opiums (men's and women's - the women's being newly reformulated for your info), the EDP's are superior scents to the EDTs...
    Especially the men's: If you search on basenotes you'll find a couple of much contributed threads that say just that...
    The men's EDP is strong, full of balsam's (Tolu and Peru), full of Cedar, Vanilla and Pepper (and I think some sort of blackberry!) and dark and heady... like a swirl of autumn leaves walking on the edges of Pere Lachaise cemetery on a cold winter's day as the sun starts its descent. It is a very atmostpheric scent and lasts in a sexy, smokey, temple or cathedral -ish way....
    The women's is a bit too sweet and cloying for me to wear but I do love to get a whiff of it on a passing woman (or man)... it's very distinctive. Cinnabar (the colour, the substance) is exactly what i think of when I smell it... also orchids, frangipanis, gardenias, heavy resins, lace underwear... hehehe!
    you gotta be some sort of queer as folk queen, heavily macho guy into being outright metrosexual, or just confidently experimental to try both these eaux des parfums!
    but they are great
    (in my opinion the revamping of the womens' Opium EDP is more acceptable than what they did to the glorious original Rive Gauche (shame, shame)... and the men's Opium EDP seems to have avoided that horrible fate as yet! It's still the same as when it was introduced)