Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Longevity

Default Creed Longevity

Folks,

I'm pretty new to the world of per d'fume, but thanks to you basenoters, I've probably gotten off on the right track. I have been fortunate enough to obtain some 10ml samples of GIT, Bois du Portugal, Baie de Genievre, Vintage Tabarome, and Cuir de Russie, as well as 1 ml samples of Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, and Selection Verte (thanks Buffalo Gal!).

Although my nose is rather inexperienced for smelling things other than food (which I can smell from a rather impressive distance), I love each of these fragrances. Even to my untrained and ill-mannered nose, these all have such depth and character, I don't really care if others like them or not; I feel like a million bucks wearing them. Unfortunately, most of these do not last long on my skin.

Some, like GIT, VT, and BdP last 4-8 hours, but Original Vetiver is gone in just over an hour, and Baie de Genievre (which is simply amazing) lasts only a couple hours. Dunhill Edition and Guerlain Vetiver gloriously linger all day with no problem.

Is this common, or do I need a new body chemistry? I'd happily pay the deductible if my health plan would cover some elective endocrinological treatment of some sort - even surgery if need be.

Otherwise, I suppose I could just carry a small amount of my scent o' the day and recharge midway through the day, like some pathetic, middle-aged scent junkie, huffing frags in the lavatory stall. (Speaking of Scent Junkies, will that band ever get back together?)

What say you, my basenote brethren?

Default Re: Creed Longevity

I seem to strike this problem too with a lot of frags. It's always disappoiniting when a frag you fall in love with turns out to be poor longevity. I don't have the time or ability to respray in the afternoon.

I've decided to cut my losses and stick with ones that have proven longevity on my skin. So if I love GIT but find it doesn't last long enough, I just won't buy it. Plenty more frags out there...

Examples of frags which don't last long on me would include Bvlgari PH and L'Instant PH - I absolutely love them but they just don't last.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I'm new too, but have been wearing GIT for some time now. I too notice that after about 4 hours in this dry, cold environment. I imagine a couple of extra hours in the Summer would probably be in order. My skin is very dry right now.

welcome.

what you are experiencing is normal. check out the FAQ for some info.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1136269074
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

OV lasted way longer than an hour for me, but neither of us should be wearing it outdoors this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    welcome.

what you are experiencing is normal. *check out the FAQ for some info.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1136269074

Well if you put this one everytime a question is asked - you can shot the whole forum then !!!!!
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    you can shot the whole forum then !!!!!
    i highly doubt that. unless there's only 20 subjects to talk about.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Fortunately enough, the only two Creeds that I own (GIT and BdP) have a greeeeeaaaat longevity and projection. For the moment, I don't care for the rest of them. :P
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe