Code of Conduct

Default Silver Mountain Water: feminine?

Do you think Silver Mountain Water is more feminine than masculine?

I find myself going back and forth on this issue, and would appreciate hearing your opinions!

Default Re: Silver Mountain Water: feminine?

smw is not feminine at all totally unisex but in my opinion definitely masculine

The first time I tried SMW, and Himalaya for that matter(though to a lesser extent), I thought they were a bit on the feminine side. I think this was because at the time I was moving out of the Armani ADG and Chrome phase of my fragrance life...back when I was still very much a newb and had yet to try many fragrances. Now, however, I don't really find this to be the case at all, and the two have become some of my favorite fragrances. SMW, is in fact, one of my top compliment getters.

I agree with Seccho. SMW is a very unisex scent and it gets compliments from both men and women. It is subtle rather than light and I find it rather complex. It doesn't reek masculinity, but it has an edge (metalic) which is not feminine at all.

SMW is not my favorite Creed - but it is very nice to wear on the right day - like today. A very pleasant Saturday afternoon frag.

Personally, I don't find SMW to be either too feminine or too masculine. It's a refreshing, uplifting and pleasant scent- period.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

SMW is more of a "feel-good" than a "smell-sexy" kind of scent. You probably wouldn't wear it for a romantic evening, but certainly when you feel down and wouldn't mind a nice pick-up for your soul. I've never felt like categorizing "feel-good" scents into masculine or feminine, wheras I certainly could do that with "smell-sexy" scents. My answer would be: SWM - definitely wearable by men, even a bit "masculine", although not in a sexual sort of way.

When I first smelled SMW, I thought it was a little too "fem" for me (I'd never worn a "unisex" frag before). *Now, it's one of my personal faves (and my SOTD, BTW)! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And I agree with Atisankey that it smells "refreshing and uplifting". *That's what I like best about it, and the similar (sort of) Imperial Millesime, which I actually prefer, slightly.
    David and Becca forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olfaction
    SMW is more of a "feel-good" than a "smell-sexy" kind of scent. You probably wouldn't wear it for a romantic evening, but certainly when you feel down and wouldn't mind a nice pick-up for your soul. I've never felt like categorizing "feel-good" scents into masculine or feminine, wheras I certainly could do that with "smell-sexy" scents. My answer would be: SWM - definitely wearable by men, even a bit "masculine", although not in a sexual sort of way.
    I actually think that it is a sexy fragrance & can be worn for romantic settings, that's just my opinion...

SMW is unisex but leaning more on the masculine side, definitely not feminine...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    [quote author=Olfaction link=1136653666/0#5 date=1136676287]SMW is more of a "feel-good" than a "smell-sexy" kind of scent. You probably wouldn't wear it for a romantic evening, but certainly when you feel down and wouldn't mind a nice pick-up for your soul. I've never felt like categorizing "feel-good" scents into masculine or feminine, wheras I certainly could do that with "smell-sexy" scents. My answer would be: SWM - definitely wearable by men, even a bit "masculine", although not in a sexual sort of way.
    I actually think that it is a sexy fragrance & can be worn for romantic settings, that's just my opinion...

SMW is unisex but leaning more on the masculine side, definitely not feminine...[/quote]

I actually think that too, because if you feel happy you appear to be more sexy . You're absolutely right and I would rather phrase my sentence above as "people will usually not think of it as a seductive scent", but if you wear it, it certainly makes you more sexy because you will feel better ...

Quote Originally Posted by Olfaction
    [quote author=magnnum link=1136653666/0#7 date=1136680838][quote author=Olfaction link=1136653666/0#5 date=1136676287]SMW is more of a "feel-good" than a "smell-sexy" kind of scent. You probably wouldn't wear it for a romantic evening, but certainly when you feel down and wouldn't mind a nice pick-up for your soul. I've never felt like categorizing "feel-good" scents into masculine or feminine, wheras I certainly could do that with "smell-sexy" scents. My answer would be: SWM - definitely wearable by men, even a bit "masculine", although not in a sexual sort of way.

SMW is unisex but leaning more on the masculine side, definitely not feminine...[/quote]

I actually think that too, because if you feel happy you appear to be more sexy *. You're absolutely right and I would rather phrase my sentence above as "people will usually not think of it as a seductive scent", but if you wear it, it certainly makes you more sexy because you will feel better ... [/quote]

cool
    Let your nose be your pilot

SMW smells very much like my dad's wine vats - the woody smell just after he's washed them out and before we start crushing the grapes. Thus you can imagine my astonishment when I first smelled SMW.
    There's nothing feminine whatsoever in that smell.
    Renato

I appreciate everyone's responses!

So far, the prevailing opinion seems to be that SMW is a little to the masculine side of the genderless line, but with (as I interpret what people are saying) a kind of universal appeal.

Anyone else care to weigh in? (C'mon, you know you want to....)

Dennis:

Not feminine or masculine. I'd chategorize it along the same lines as Gendarme, 4711, & Guerlain's Cologne Imperiale & Habit Rouge. SMW reminds me of all those fresh, clean, brisk scents that came out in the mid to latter part of the 60's - like something Mick Jagger would have had on his dressing table in some hotel room in Paris, & then Marianne Faithfull just stepped out of the shower & decided ot borrow some....

It's one of those fragrances that ties together the swinging links between the genders. The cleanliness & simplicity of it alone is what makes it sexy.

Not at all. It is one of my favs!

To me, this is about as unisex as they come! I can imagine smelling this on just about anyone.

I have to disagree with everyone here - it definitely smelled feminine to me. I wear Himalaya, and proudly, but SMW smelled very feminine to me. And I also agree whoever else noticed the smell of wine on it. Gave it an almost lusty smell to it, which I didn't mind, but certainly did not feel struck me as masculine at all.

Definitely leans to the masculine side on the unisex scale. That said, I just didn't care for the black currant notes.