Code of Conduct

Default Bought Musc Alize blind

Makeupalley's reviews aren't too bad. Does anybody know this one?
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Bought Musc Alize blind

A nice, ultra-subtle musk with some floral accords (jasmine, ylang-ylang) and a hint of vanilla. Don't expect too much sillage. Very wearable, also on warmer days.

This is a really good casual scent because it's light and inoffensive. You would think that it has musk in it because of the name, but it really isn't a prominent note. I believe it's transparent musk, which is why it isn't overly masculine. It's fresh and green with floral notes. It's slightly sweet due to the vanilla in the base, but it's more on the fresh side. I'll have to disagree with the statement that it doesn't have much sillage. It may seem subtle, but I get many compliments on this one. I just started working as a bartender and all the waitresses say they can smell me from across the counter. I even get compliments 5 hours after applying. I was impressed with it right from the start (which is unusual) because it somehow stands out from all the other fresh scents. It smells like the fresh air on a rainy day while not being ozonic. It's pretty similar to L'eau D'issey Pour Femme IMO, but has more jasmine in it. I really don't see how you can go wrong with this frag. This is the only scent that I wear to work besides GIT, but I think this one is better.

It somewhat reminds me of hairspray (not totally a bad thing). I like it. nice change of pace summer scent. It does however, lean towards the feminine edge of unisex though. it's not for everyone, but I rather like it.

Thanks for all the replies!

I'm really curious now what I will receive. LOL.
    Funny, on makeupalley some found it way too masculine for being unisex. One more point that makes me curious ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

My favourite musk so far is Nasomatto Silver Musk. I just read the reviews on Luckyscent (yes, I read reviews of the fragrances I already own ) and someone mentioned they liked CSP Musk better. I googled and read some threads here on BN, and it sounds like a really nice fragrance, something that probably would fit my musk collection (I'm a musk-junkie). One note is jasmine and some mention it has a hairspray vibe to it. That instantly reminds me of Geir Ness, which also has jasmine and kind of a hairspray vibe. Is Musk Alize somewhat reminiscent of Geir Ness? Or Silver Musk (don't get the hairspray vibe from that).

Do I "need" Musk Alize if I love-love-love-love Nasomatto Silver Musk, and enjoy Geir Ness? Would it be a safe blind buy based on my love for Nasomatto Silver Musk and Narcisso Rodriguez Musc Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Do I "need" Musk Alize if I love-love-love-love Nasomatto Silver Musk, and enjoy Geir Ness? Would it be a safe blind buy based on my love for Nasomatto Silver Musk and Narcisso Rodriguez Musc Oil?
    Don't know if you "need" it, but it's a very nice musk IMO and could compliment what you have. Also not expensive.