Code of Conduct

Thread: Rive Gauche?

Default Rive Gauche?

I have wanted to own this scent but as quick as it hit dillards, poof, it was gone! That made me mad! I truely felt with all my heart that this was going to be a classic for YSL and it is apauling that the only YSL that mainsteam seems to carry is the horrid Kouros. What gives? Why did rive gauche dissapear and why would a mainsteam store carry kouros over rive gauche? Will rive gauche be discontinued or will the boutiques always stock it? I must know!

Anywho, which version of RG is better and other than boutiques, is it still available at sephora and other trndy places?

Default Re: Rive Gauche?

they are both nice but so short lived on my skin. the weakest of the YSL group.

Plenty of RG Homme/M7 here in Asia,Haven't smelled the Intense version. I'll see if I can smell the intense version.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    they are both nice but so short lived on my skin. the weakest of the YSL group.

Are you serious? This stuff lasts forever on me

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    [quote author=scentimus link=1136611037/0#1 date=1136649549]they are both nice but so short lived on my skin. the weakest of the YSL group.

Are you serious? This stuff lasts forever on me[/quote]

I`ll second scentimus; it doesn`t seem to last on me either. I havent`t test the Intense version though...Maybe it would last better.

It's a strange phenomenon.. but basically this stuff does last forever, it's just that it's one of those scents that very quickly saturates the conscious awareness of the wearer so that you don't really notice it (especially if you apply a decent amount all over) - it's the lucky lucky bystanders and passers-by that keep getting the full-glory of it all!

Rive Gauche PH. Its the most long lasting and best projection scent I've ever tried, period ;D. The intense version is quite different from original.

Rive Gauche PH lasts all day on me. It also happens to ellicit more positive responses than anything else in my wardrobe. Of strange note, is that my GF thinks it smells like "Aveda products" which I *think* is a compliment.

I was lucky to find Intense off eBay for $26 incl. shipping. All I know is that it's definitely wearable compared to Antaeus. I feel so 80s wearing this scent, feels like I should own a yellow Porsche Targa with the top off and wearing the matching aviator glasses ;D :P. Doesn't last as long as Antaeus, but definitely a fresher fougere. I'd say I get 5 hours with Intense. I tested the original once when it came out, but totally dismissed it since I wasn't really into fougeres at that time. Of course, they smell alike, but the patchouli note is more pronounced in Intense.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    Rive Gauche PH lasts all day on me. *It also happens to ellicit more positive responses than anything else in my wardrobe. *Of strange note, is that my GF thinks it smells like "Aveda products" which I *think* is a compliment. *

SHUT UP!

What a weird coincidence! The first time I wore Rive Gauche PH, I was kind of worried because I didn't think any girls would like it. I was SO wrong. I ran into some hot sisters of a friend, and they wouldn't shut up about how great I smelled. And I swear to god they said I smelled like Aveda products!

Is there some Aveda product out there that smells identical to Rive Gauche pour homme? There must be.

What is this Aveda brand? *curious* :-?

They're a cosmetics brand that uses a lot of natural ingredients and stuff. I've only ever tried their face wash, face moisturizer, and hand cream. They seem pretty good. I like the fact that they use natural ingredients

Rive Gauche smells like a muscled up vervion of Gillette Foamy. I love that aspect of the fragrance.

In case your not old enough, Gillette Foamy was and probably is the king of American shave cream. It's the one in the white and red can.