Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Azzaro Chrome was delivered!!

Yesterday my Azzaro Chrome was delivered. Well, It's exactly what I was expecting (I ordered it blind): very citric, fresh, non offensive at all.
    The kind of scent you wear to rest a little bit after wearing classic or strong fragrances continuosly.
    For those days of burning sun.
    Initially, It presents a spicy and even metallic smell similar to Echo (without the sweetness). After some minutes, turns to a refined and long lasting CK One. I'm pretty happy, It was a real bargain! (Otherwise, I wouldn't have paid)
    After 6 hours, It's still here on my skin.
    Now, I'm almost ordering Claiborne Sport...I hope It's close to Chrome... if not, I hope It is a safe scent...
    what do you think about it?

Default Re: My Azzaro Chrome was delivered!!

You can't go wrong with Claiborne Sport. Clean, fresh, masculine, and long lasting.
    Out of my complete wardrobe, this is my number one compliment catcher! And the greatest thing about it, IT'S CHEAP!!! Check out Scentiments and Perfumebay for some great pricing. You will enjoy it and so will others. Not a great fan of Chrome, however. It is an OK scent, but everybody and their brother wears it. But, as long as you enjoy it, that's the only thing that matters.

Jim

Haven`t smell the Clairborne scent, but I actually like Chrome very much. For a fresh fragrance it lasts very long time. Extremely refreshing; great for the summer beach etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackfan
    You can't go wrong with Claiborne Sport. *Clean, fresh, masculine, and long lasting
    yup
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Chrome is waaaay to sharp, it gives me a headache everytime I smell it, as for Claiborne Sport its ok nothing special, it smells like a cross between Curve and CK's Eternity.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Chrome was the first cologne i ever had and wore for quite awhile in my late teens/early twenties so it'll always hold a scentamental spot in my wardrobe ;D

I am not a big fan of either fragrance. Chrome to me is too much like CK One with a plentiful of rust added and I am not really keen on that metallic smell, reminds me of old iron rust on a cold winter day. I do have to admit that it smells exactly like what its name is.

I bought Claiborne Sport donkeys years ago when I just started getting into fragrances, I think it was my third purchase, it was really really cheap and I wanted to try something different. I liked it at first but as I tested more and more colognes later I realised how bland and mediocre it smells compared to many other colognes. But yes, it is utterly inoffensive and fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

I own and enjoy both Chrome and Claiborne Sport. I like CS a little better though because it has more "flavor" than Chrome IMO. Chrome smells more like citrus air while CS has more of a soapy quality. They're both very linear and straightforward, but I think CS is just a tad more complex. They both generate quite a few compliments.

Post Thanks / Like

Clairborne Sport doesn't remind me much of Chrome at all, but it certainly is a pleasant safe scent.

As I was walking around doing a lot of sight seeing across some very hot European countries earlier this year, all of my other scents let me down by some time after midday, but Chrome never did. It's a powerhouse.
    Renato

Wonderful frag, I rather enjoy it. I don't pick up the citric notes, but I do pick up the metallic notes which I find uplifting when I smell them during the day. Unfortunately I just broke my bottle so I'm in the market for a new one. I'll probably get a box set next time I'm in South Jersey.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice scent!! One of the first fragrances that I grew a liking for .. however, for some reason, I can't see myself wearing it. I like it but I... don't? Maybe it just reminds me of my past, which isn't the best, or something but for some reason, I just won't wear it.

I still like it though. I'm confusing I know ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Claiborne Sport, compared to Chrome is a bit more....oh, how should I say...."soapy" I guess is a good word. *I like CS a lot and it's great for me in the summer. *A very crisp scent IMHO. *I think one of my friends said a tamer, updated take of Drakkar Noir. *But, I detect the two are different still. *

Hmm, i must smell Chrome different than everyone else. To me Chrome has little citrus and it is more floral and cloyingly sweet. As it is so sweet to my nose, i could see it being overdone pretty easily. Chrome is one of the few fragrances that i just WILL NOT wear, due to it being so floral and sweet and frankly quite feminine (to my nose anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMaivia
    Hmm, i must smell Chrome different than everyone else. *To me Chrome has little citrus and it is more floral and cloyingly sweet. *As it is so sweet to my nose, i could see it being overdone pretty easily. *Chrome is one of the few fragrances that i just WILL NOT wear, due to it being so floral and sweet and frankly quite feminine (to my nose anyway).

I'm wondering what would happen to you if you wear A*Men or Givenchy Pi... ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMaivia
    Hmm, i must smell Chrome different than everyone else. *To me Chrome has little citrus and it is more floral and cloyingly sweet. *As it is so sweet to my nose, i could see it being overdone pretty easily. *Chrome is one of the few fragrances that i just WILL NOT wear, due to it being so floral and sweet and frankly quite feminine (to my nose anyway).
    I must admit that I find Chrome confusing. Sometimes I'd swear it was plainly and unambiguously a citrus (though nothing like Eau Sauvage or Eay de Rochas), other times I'd think it was more a floral with a bit of citrus, other times I think of it as metallic.

That's why I always find comments about Chrome being linear or one dimensional puzzling. It's always been multi dimensional to me.

I've just bought two travel sets each containing three 20 ml bottles of Chrome. I've decided that during all future vacations away from home, I will have a little bottle of Chrome permanently in the small bag I carry around.
    Renato

I really like azzaro chrome also, but for some reason i don't know i don't feel like wearing it, but still it's very nice and relaxing to me.
    wonderful for the summer i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    Chrome is waaaay to sharp, it gives me a headache everytime I smell it, as for Claiborne Sport its ok nothing special, it smells like a cross between Curve and CK's Eternity.
    My sentiments exactly. This is very potent juice and it usually makes me dizzy and induces headache. I gave my bottle away.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    [quote author=Incedal link=1135882233/0#4 date=1135890034]Chrome is waaaay to sharp, it gives me a headache everytime I smell it, as for Claiborne Sport its ok nothing special, it smells like a cross between Curve and CK's Eternity.
    My sentiments exactly. This is very potent juice and it usually makes me dizzy and induces headache. I gave my bottle away.[/quote]

I also give my bottle (thankfully only a mini) of Chrome away. I've never understood the popularity of this fragrance on B'notes. Very synthethic, and unpleasant, smelling to my nose.