Code of Conduct

Default Need a citrus or fresh workout scent

I need something easy on the sinuses and good to workout in as well. I was considering ADG and the TM Colonge. As many know, I bought the 6.7 oz ADG but what I dd not say was that I bought the 10.2 oz in TM colonge. I used to own the 4.1 oz tm colonge and used it up. I think OV is more complex but for the money and ounces, I can splash tm colonge on and not feel guilty about sweating off the juice or replacing it when I run out. The problem is, the last few times I wore it, I got a headache.

Is the original Zirh any good? What other fresh scents should I seek out?

Default Re: Need a citrus or fresh workout scent

I find Clinique Happy for Men to be a great workout scent. It's fresh, citrussy, and rejuvinating.

Carven Vétiver... cheap and invigorating.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

http://www.labullekenzo.com/labulle_ENG/epkh.htm

A lively, enlivening eau. A gentle ripple sketching out the curves of a translucent bottle with a pure, sleek architecture.
    Crystal-clear notes for a streamlined olfactory structure. Inspired by the scent of Yuzu, a small Japanese lemon, blended with sparkling plants, lotus leaf and green pepper, for a touch of intense sensuality.
    L’EAUPARKENZO pour homme is a vibrant, yet sober fresh aquatic.

L'Eau D'Issey Miyake is nice as well.

I've always found AdG to be waaay too heady and actually hurt my nose when I used it, even when applied lightly. I'd go with TM Cologne or already mentioned Happy. Or Odeur 53, since it is so quiet and calm.

This is where I'd recommend using a pheromone. Androstenone in particular.

It will make you feel more agressive and increase the intensity of your workouts.

Light citrus scents are good companions for workout. I also like Dior's Eau Savage or something subtle like Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco for this purpose.

I agree with shifts on Odeur 53. I would also go with Tommy T, Eau d'Hadrien, and KC Reaction. They're all pretty light and won't overpower with body heat.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    I agree with shifts on Odeur 53. I would also go with Tommy T, Eau d'Hadrien, and KC Reaction. They're all pretty light and won't overpower with body heat.
    Would yo recommend odeur 53 or the KC Reaction? I was considering the kC reaction but have not sampled the odeur 53. Is it better?

The original Zirh is Ok, but nothing new..In the lines of Crave and Sander Pure

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    [quote author=teflondog link=1136572217/0#7 date=1136577514]I agree with shifts on Odeur 53. I would also go with Tommy T, Eau d'Hadrien, and KC Reaction. They're all pretty light and won't overpower with body heat.
    Would yo recommend odeur 53 or the KC Reaction? I was considering the kC reaction but have not sampled the odeur 53. Is it better?[/quote]

Odeur 53 is more of a skin scent. It has that fresh out of the shower smell to it and is really subtle. In fact, my gf couldn't even tell I was wearing any scent at all when I wore Odeur 53. She just said I smell "clean".

KC Reaction is a fruity scent with topnotes of watermelon and green apple. It also has musk in the drydown but it's very faint. It reminds me of a poor man's Millesime Imperial. It can be bought really cheap online.

Of course you could do the unexpected and funk it up a little and try a little musk. A little dab is all you need.
    If you would rather try to smell fresh thru the sweat, I'd say try CLEAN MEN. The name says it all. 8-)
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

How about Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Verte? I have actually worn it when exercising and it's a very light clean pleasant and unobtrusive citrus smell, I even got compliments on it. Polo Blue might work too.
    Both can be bought in large bottles and rather cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    Of course you could do the unexpected and funk it up a little and try a little musk. A little dab is all you need.
    If you would rather try to smell fresh thru the sweat, I'd say try CLEAN MEN. The name says it all. 8-)
    Clean may prove to be a great choice. Thanks for reminding me of it! It is unobtrussive and keeps you fresh. I hate smelling loud fragrances in the gym from people that try to substitute colonge for a bar of soap! hehehe

Chrome probably wouldn't be too bad.

I was not impressed by Zirh.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Claiborne Sport. Great workout scent that gets many comps and the best part of all, IT'S CHEAP!!!

Jim