Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi Musk

This always seem to happen... Last time it was V.I.P. Room Signature and now this one. I just can't help myself from ordering something when I've already pretty much run out of money for the month. So what happens when I strain myself not to buy any fragrance for one month? Well, I end up getting decants of Chergui and Cologne Bigarade plus a 50ml bottle of LV's Musk. But I wouldn't keep doing this if it wasn't for my love of great scents, so I guess it is alright (the not ok part is that I just... can't... control myself...).

There has been some previous (good) threads about different muscs and Musc Ravageur seem to be the one most frequently mentioned now. Earlier today I was thinking about what other scents I connect closely with the discussions on Basenotes and they are not that many actually. The ones that come to mind are Geir, Musc Ravageur and Czech & Speake No88 and maybe Ungaro III and SMN Nostalgia too. I mean, there are countless more, but these specific ones always make me think of Basenotes with warmth in my heart. Oh well, I'm kind of side-stepping here. Back to the Musk.

I haven't smelled that many "pure" muscs, but a few that at least has it listed in their notes and it seems to me that it might very well be one of my favorite notes. Especially my Cdg Skai dries down to a musk note I so deeply connect to lips swollen by too many kisses and tongues playing plus the clean fur of a cat. Something animalic and just downright sexy, something you just simply HAS to keep sniffing, and not because you want to isolate different notes or anything but because you simply CAN'T stop.

I have a sample of LV's Musk and I treasure it highly. I'm not sure at what occasions I'm gonna wear this scent or where in my 'drobe it fits in, but I sure as hell knows that it will be one of my most beautful fragrances at least. Can't get enough of that soapy rose hidden within the smeary musk.

I'm glad I made this purchase (the free samples I choose when I put my order at Luscious Cargo were L'Artisan - La Chasse aux Papillons, Mechant Loup, Poivre Piquant, Passage D'Enfer and Lorenzo Villoresi - Teint de Neige).

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Musk

Shifts:

I'd venture to guess there are plenty of us here who know what you go thru....just when you know you shouldn't, CAN'T buy another fragrance....it's too late. The deed is done. I wonder if we all share some sort of gene. :
    I ordered some samples from Luscious Cargo last week and LV Musk is one of them. I am on my quest for a good rose scent where I can smell the rose. I love Ungaro III but get ZERO roses out of it. I've read past posts that said LV Musk has a quite distinctive rose note. You got my interest with the "soapy rose" and the "smeary musk" comment.
    You also got my interest with swollen lips and the tongues but lost me when the cat entered the picture! ;D ;D

Can't wait for my samples!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Mmmm I've been wearing LV Musk the last two days and I'm simply in love with it. So warm and smooth ^__^

I'm still looking to get a decant somewhere as I can't afford a full bottle.

I'm going to try to limit my purchases this year but LV's Musk is one the few that's on my wishlist for the months to come.

LV musk is my SOTD, I hardly ever use my bottle & its now 75% full, however I save it for the cold weather & when I want to bring a twinkle to the eye of a virgin maid, if you catch my drift, the musk is not heavy per se & the rose note is distinct but subdued.
    Let your nose be your pilot

LV Musk is probably the best scent there is. True!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

The best fragrance I have ever sampled. My Holy Grail!

BTW, I ordered bottle of it and Tam Dao from Luscious Cargo 29th of October. I still haven't received my package. I obviously can't blame them for that, but I'm pissed because they haven't answered my several mails! I first asked them when they sent it and how long does it usually take, at the end of November. After that I've done it several times and even sent messages through their homepage. No answer!

What can I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    The best fragrance I have ever sampled. My Holy Grail!

BTW, I ordered bottle of it and Tam Dao from Luscious Cargo 29th of October. I still haven't received my package. I obviously can't blame them for that, but I'm pissed because they haven't answered my several mails! I first asked them when they sent it and how long does it usually take, at the end of November. After that I've done it several times and even sent messages through their homepage. No answer!

What can I do next?
    Oh my, I don't want to wait forever on this one. 29th of October? That is a looong wait. Why don't you call them and ask? Did they charge you for the order as well?