Code of Conduct

Thread: Tabaco Latino

Default Tabaco Latino

I am tyring to plurchase this cologne by Mavive, but I have had NO luck! I originally purchased at TJMaxx in Ohio just a few weeks ago and they don't have any more. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a way/place to buy more. If anyone can assist me, please post the info!
    Thanks..and happy 2006!
    Carly

Default Re: Tabaco Latino

Do you know what company name it was sold under?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Default Re: Tabacco Latino

It's supposed to be this one I think...
    http://www.mavive.com
    However on their site it seems not to talk about any Tabacco Latino...
    Maybe they discontinued it, so their site doesn't features it now...
    However it seems to me that their scents are sold at cheap prices in mass markets in Italy and maybe would still not so hard to find some there.

Would you know of any stores in Italy that I could contact (via the web) in regards to Tabaco Latino by Mavive? I would be very interested -- Ken

http://www.perfumeguy.com/viewdet.as...d=2&gift=&pg=1

This frag sounds interesting.

From Perfumania:

TOBACCO LATINO, the sweet and familiar aroma of the famous Cuban cigars. The base note, in which the rustic freshness of laurel, and clary sage is complemented by a touch of rum, and leads to a delicately flowery heart of lily of the valley, and freesia, complemented by the fruity tones of coconut, and raspberry. The richly woody background notes of vetiver, sandalwood, and cedarwood highlight the tobacco note, sweetened with a touch of honey.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    http://www.perfumeguy.com/viewdet.as...d=2&gift=&pg=1

This frag sounds interesting.

From Perfumania:

TOBACCO LATINO, the sweet and familiar aroma of the famous Cuban cigars. The base note, in which the rustic freshness of laurel, and clary sage is complemented by a touch of rum, and leads to a delicately flowery heart of lily of the valley, and freesia, complemented by the fruity tones of coconut, and raspberry. The richly woody background notes of vetiver, sandalwood, and cedarwood highlight the tobacco note, sweetened with a touch of honey.
    When I saw the picture, it reminded me of another website that sells Italian fragrances. However, Tabaco Latino is not listed. Maybe it was discontinued?

Try this: http://www.granducati.com/index.html

Looks like the idea with this frag was to create a Vento Canale type of scent. Here is the note pyramid for VC:

Head: Caribbean Rum, Clary Sage, Carrot Seeds, Davana.
    Heart: Cedar, Lily.
    Base: Curry Herb, Amber, Tobacco, Musk, Honey, Raspberry, Vanilla, Cocoa, Pine balm, Vetiver.

A hard-core perfumista (who has sampled VC, unlike me) thought the two were very similar. I doubt the ingredient quality of TL is as good as VC, but I'd say it's tolerable. Just don't expect quite the same depth and richness you often get with vintage or niche.

This fragrance is awesome! Been wearing it a lot lately. I think it's discontinued.

I picked up a bottle of it at the Perfumania in Savannah about a year ago. I remember the clerk saying that it was part of a special shipment and not something they regularly carry. Hope that helps. It actually is a nice blend considering the ridiculously low price.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.
    Currently wearing: Zizonia by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    I picked up a bottle of it at the Perfumania in Savannah about a year ago. I remember the clerk saying that it was part of a special shipment and not something they regularly carry. Hope that helps. It actually is a nice blend considering the ridiculously low price.
    I got it off the Perfumania site for under 5 bucks shipped for the 3.4 oz. Unfortunatley it was picked over, and about 15% of the juice had leaked out. But, I figured, for a few bucks, no harm done. The sprayer seems to be pretty flimsy, and it tends to drizzle.. but again, cheap cheap cheap.. Everything except for the juice inside is a monstrosity. But the juice inside is what really matters, I might decant it into another bottle in the future.

I think there is one on Ebay right now. I know a month has passed since your post but thought tou might still want to check it out. Good Luck

I have a friend who recently found a bottle and is going through the same thing to find another. Happy hunting.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.
    Currently wearing: Zizonia by Penhaligon's

This is an astonishingly well done honey, rum, tobacco fragrance.. it kinda reminds me of Idole de Lubin meets PG's Coze, with a hefty dose of crisp, honeyed blond tobacco in the mix. Received this as a free sample today and it has stolen all the attention!

Basenotes Institution

Wearing it from a sample today. Very well done for a discount fragrance, although I am not enjoying the drydown as much as some others above. Glad I got to try it.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Epice Marine by Hermès