Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Heritage by Guerlain

Hey all,

I just purchased a bottle of Heritage on the net blind. I understand that it's a mature, woody, semi sweet fragrance but that's all I know of it so far. Btw, I bought it because it was only 11$US for a 50mL bottle ;D

What can I expect from this?

Default Re: Heritage by Guerlain

I'm surprised Heritage doesn't get more attention here in the community. To me it's a very classy and Gentleman like fragrance. You are right abouth the woody an semi sweet part. But it's not a sweetness which is cloying at all. It's a sexy sweetness. In my opinion this scent is ideal for the colder day of the year. I like to wear it to the Opera or an evening out in a classy bar.

I bought my Heritage directly in the Guerlain flagship store in Paris. That was a experience of it's own. Obviously I payed much more than you have. So you made a very good deal there.

I hope you gonna appreciate Heritage as much as I do.

Have fun exploring
    Best regards
    Opal

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    I bought it because it was only 11$US for a 50mL bottle ;D

A heck of an amazing cologne for $11. Heritage is my favorite Guerlain, it's always amazing to wear - really good choice and smart buy!

If you have smelt Creed Bois du Portugal, you got an idea...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

A must-have for vanilla lovers

Mad_Hatter

Very classy it is, but very strong too. Better use it VERY sparingly.

Mad_Hatter

Hey all,

I just purchased a bottle of Heritage on the net blind. I understand that it's a mature, woody, semi sweet fragrance but that's all I know of it so far. Btw, I bought it because it was only 11$US for a 50mL bottle ;D
    Do you buy just because it's cheap? Strange to spend money on things you don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the Heritage EDP? If so what are the differences?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells

Heritage EDP, like most EDPs, stays closer to the skin than the EDT version (it has a lot less sillage) but lasts longer than the EDT. I prefer the EDT which is pretty long lasting itself. Unlike other EDT vs EDP versions of scent, these two solutions of Heritage do not smell all that different to my nose. Maybe the EDP is slightly more "woody" but if so, only just barely.

G

update: I checked the thread from November. (Thanks scentemental!) Apparently my nose was different then since I wrote:

The EDP is not as strong on my skin as the EDT but... they really are different in compostion. Where the EDT is brighter, the EDP is smoother, subtler and more resonant. I love them both.

Griff
    See how one's sniffer changes from moment to moment? I just resniffed and the EDP does have smoother woody base but the overall composition is not different from one to the other.

Griff
    Griff

Hey all,

Refinement is what you should expect. The fusion of vanilla, corriander & pepper notes amongst a host of others lends a subtle chocolatey air to itself, you can't go wrong with this purchase...
    Let your nose be your pilot

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...1131113504/0#0

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

Where did you buy this for $11?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    [quote author=myaccolades link=1136368294/0#0 date=1136368294]Hey all,

Do you buy just because it's cheap? Strange to spend money on things you don't know.[/quote]

Heh, I do this all the time at least, if I see something that is cheap, I research it, and if it appeals to me I buy blind. I consider myself a very low-risk person so for me this kind of behavior gives me excitement, I suppose how a less cowardly person would feel about sky-diving or bungee jumping! OK not really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    [quote author=Mad_Hatter link=1136368294/0#6 date=1136394773][quote author=myaccolades link=1136368294/0#0 date=1136368294]Hey all,

Do you buy just because it's cheap? Strange to spend money on things you don't know.[/quote]

Heh, I do this all the time at least, if I see something that is cheap, I research it, and if it appeals to me I buy blind. I consider myself a very low-risk person so for me this kind of behavior gives me excitement, I suppose how a less cowardly person would feel about sky-diving or bungee jumping! OK not really.
    [/quote]

Ditto. *I have very little access to fragrances and although I buy lots of samples, there are many fragrances I buy blind--like about 90%--the cheaper ones. *I have received excellent advice from fellow basenoters and I have learned that there are certain basenoters who have much the same perception of fragrances as I, and since they have better noses than I, it's probably safer to listen to them than to me. *Several of my favorites I wouldn't have bought had I tested them--Bvlgari Pour Homme, Givenchy Gentleman, Knize Ten, Gucci Nobile, Guerlain Vetiver, Chrome, Halston Unbound, Live Jazz, Lanvin L'Homme, and especially KOUROS!-- but now I have smelled them in long term operation and have learned to love them. *Others I loved at first testing-- Bvlgari Blv, Yatagon, Tsar, Carven Vetiver--I never touch because I just didn't like the way they served me after wearing them for several weeks.

Besides, it's MY money.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=myaccolades link=1136368294/0#0 date=1136368294]Hey all,

Where did you buy this for $11?[/quote]

I found it on eBay : ) I actually bought it from the same seller who sold me Vetiver by Guerlain (for, I believe it was, 14$US). Vetiver was practically completely full. Heritage has about 93%ish of the fragrance still in the bottle.

And, yes, I did purchase it blind due to the low price AND due to many good reviews of this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    If you have smelt Creed Bois du Portugal, you got an idea...
    I find it much nicer than Bois Du Portugal. BDP smells like my grandfather. I have gotten compliments about Heritage.

99% like Zino Davidoff, if you know that!

This is one of the very few scents (for me) that can be too loud if I do not take it easy with the number of sprays.

GREAT scent!

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by pepse19
    [quote author=Sandalwood link=1136368294/0#3 date=1136388687]If you have smelt Creed Bois du Portugal, you got an idea...
    I find it much nicer than Bois Du Portugal. *BDP smells like my grandfather. *I have gotten compliments about Heritage.[/quote]

Lol i much prefer BdP to Heritage, Heritage smells more like grandpa imo.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    [quote author=pepse19 link=1136368294/15#15 date=1136420769][quote author=Sandalwood link=1136368294/0#3 date=1136388687]If you have smelt Creed Bois du Portugal, you got an idea...
    I find it much nicer than Bois Du Portugal. *BDP smells like my grandfather. *I have gotten compliments about Heritage.[/quote]

Lol i much prefer BdP to Heritage, Heritage smells more like grandpa imo.
    [/quote]

Haha to each his own then!

I'll see how it is next week when it comes in