Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: SOTD statistics

  1. #1

    Default SOTD statistics

    I love the statistics. With your 1740 replies in the november SOTD post

    THE TOP 25 FRAGANCES

    1.Dior pour homme
    2.M7
    3.Green Irish Tweed
    4.Vetiver Guerlain
    5.Dzing!
    6.L'instant Guerlain
    7.Gucci pour homme
    8.Envy - Gucci
    9.Silver Mountain Water
    10.Egoiste
    11.Santal Noble - MPG
    12.Cologne - T Mugler
    13.Coriolan - Guerlain
    14.L'anarchiste
    15.D&G - Pour Homme
    16.Geir
    17.Musc Ravaguer
    18.Nemo - Cacharel
    19.Visit - Azzaro
    20.A Men- T Mugler
    21.Antaeus- Chanel
    22.Burberry- Brit
    23.Chergui - Serge Lutens
    24.L'homme sage- Divine
    25.Yang- Jacques Fath

    THE TOP 5 HOUSES

    CREED - 117 votes - 23 fragances
    GUERLAIN - 88 Votes - 12 fragances
    L'ARTISAN - 81 votes - 16 fragances
    YVES SAINT LAURENT - 65 votes - 12 fragances
    COMME DES GARÇONS - 61 votes - 20 fragances

  2. #2

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    You must have some serious time on your hands but well done !


    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1129568403

  3. #3

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Fantastic work. I like seeing the list and how many of my SOTDs are on it. Great job Love.

    How many total fragrances were worn, and how many "votes" (wearings) were necessary to make it into the top 25? (I guess that last question is just how many wearings did number 25, Yang, have?) Also, how many wearings did Dior PH have?

    Thanks again!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  4. #4

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Yap! Great work!!! BRAVO!!!! 8-)

  5. #5

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Impressive. I can't wait to see the stats for December.

  6. #6

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    1.Dior pour homme 25
    2.M7 25
    3.Green Irish Tweed 20
    4.Vetiver Guerlain 20
    5.Dzing! 19
    6.L'instant Guerlain 19
    7.Gucci pour homme 19
    8.Envy - Gucci 17
    9.Silver Mountain Water 17
    10.Egoiste 16
    11.Santal Noble - MPG 16
    12.Cologne - T Mugler 14
    13.Coriolan - Guerlain 14
    14.L'anarchiste 14
    15.D&G - Pour Homme 14
    16.Geir 13
    17.Musc Ravaguer 13
    18.Nemo - Cacharel 13
    19.Visit - Azzaro 13
    20.A Men- T Mugler 12
    21.Antaeus- Chanel 12
    22.Burberry- Brit 12
    23.Chergui - Serge Lutens 12
    24.L'homme sage- Divine 12
    25.Yang- Jacques Fath 12

  7. #7

    wicozani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Beautiful Black Hills!
    Posts
    2,484

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Yes, I, too, love statistics, so kudos to you!

    My my, Nemo is just the little Basenotes' darling now, isn't it?

    Jeff

  8. #8

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    What fun! Many thanks for the stats. I swear, during some months I could have put PdN's New York in the top 25 almost by myself. I'm falling down on the job.

  9. #9

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    I hate statistics

  10. #10

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    I love the statistics.
    So, how many fragrances only had 1 or 2 entries?

    Over all the entries is the distribution Gaussian?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

  11. #11

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    amazing job, this will be very helpful to everyone!

  12. #12

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    What about a person wearing the same frag 30 days of the month, would that count and go as number 1?

    : Well... I guess such a person wouldn't be perusing basenotes after all...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

  13. #13

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    What about a person wearing the same frag 30 days of the month, would that count and go as number 1?
    I think The_love mentioned before that one person wearing the same fragrance on multiple days was counted the multiple times. I think one month me and someone else both wearing Iquitos multiple times pushed it onto the Top 25 list.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

  14. #14

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Thanks Love. Great work here! I love all this statistical stuff.

    One thing I find interesting here - perhaps even surprising - is the strength of the preference for more newly-released fragrances. Many Bnoters speak of their love for the classics (I'm one of those), but 18 out of the top 25 frags were released in the last 10 years. The seven that weren't were: Vetiver, GIT, SMW, Egoiste, Antaeus, Santal Noble, and D&G Homme. I guess you could say that Bnoters really are moving with the times when it comes to frags.

    Interesting also that while CdG makes it into the top 5 houses, no single CdG fragrance makes it into the top 25. Which means that Bnotes are wearing a very wide range of CdG perfumes as SOTD.

    I'd love to see this sort of top 25 list produced over a period of time, to see how Bnoters preferences change, how certain frags fall in and out of vogue on the board etc.





  15. #15

    Default Re: SOTD statistics


    Thanks, Love, impressive work. I'll be studying this--lots of information.

  16. #16

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    One thing I find interesting here - perhaps even surprising - is the strength of the preference for more newly-released fragrances. Many Bnoters speak of their love for the classics (I'm one of those), but 18 out of the top 25 frags were released in the last 10 years. The seven that weren't were: Vetiver, GIT, SMW, Egoiste, Antaeus, Santal Noble, and D&G Homme. I guess you could say that Bnoters really are moving with the times when it comes to frags.
    You have to consider though that the top 25 represent only 22% of the entries for the month. So while the top 25 fragrances heavily represent newer stuff we don't know anything about the classification of the other 78% of the entries.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

  17. #17

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    One thing I find interesting here - perhaps even surprising - is the strength of the preference for more newly-released fragrances. Many Bnoters speak of their love for the classics (I'm one of those), but 18 out of the top 25 frags were released in the last 10 years. The seven that weren't were: Vetiver, GIT, SMW, Egoiste, Antaeus, Santal Noble, and D&G Homme. I guess you could say that Bnoters really are moving with the times when it comes to frags.
    You have to consider though that the top 25 represent only 22% of the entries for the month. So while the top 25 fragrances heavily represent newer stuff we don't know anything about the classification of the other 78% of the entries.

    Very true. It's probably the case that a vast array of different frags are being worn by Bnoters as a SOTD each month, including lots of classics.









  18. #18

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    Yes, very interesting. I love statistics too.
    Somehow very weird contrasts between these two months. (A*Men for instance; IMHO it is strange how it was so much more used in December)

    Nice job, The_love

  19. #19

    Default Re: SOTD statistics



    Another statistics lover here.

    The real surprises for me where *Corialan* and *Nemo*. I am very glad to see that they are people wearing these two excellent fragrances.

    It would be really interesting to know, from a statistical point of view, how many different individuals wore the particular fragrance during the course of the month. That would establish a clearer set of rankings. If for example only three people wore *Nemo* throughout the month and 7 people wore Musc Ravageur, then the latter would, statistically speaking, be the more popular fragrance despite both fragrances having the same number of wearings.

    Again, many thanks The_Love. It seems you've taken on the mantle of Basenotes chief statistician, and for that I am grateful.

    Best regards,

    scentemental


  20. #20

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    GREAT job Love I have always wanted to know those statistics :-*

  21. #21
    whitebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Oldest Town in Texas
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: SOTD statistics

    These stats are sure interesting. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Poll: Do you read the SOTD posts
    By Lightninrod in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 13th July 2006, 12:15 AM
  2. SOTD Statistics May 2006
    By viktorov in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 4th June 2006, 04:08 AM
  3. Option to exclude SOTD from searches.
    By Strange Accord in forum Feedback and Suggestions archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th May 2006, 01:25 AM
  4. SotD frustrations
    By docluv45 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11th August 2005, 06:22 PM
  5. SOTD date format
    By CoL in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th August 2005, 06:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •