Code of Conduct

Default First Post, First Scent Cool Water Deep

I must say this site really helped me look for things when I went to choose a cologne. *I ended up choosing Cool Water Deep by Davidoff, the lady said this one was newer than the original Cool Water and was more my age, I'm 19. *I really like it, I probably went through 30 or so colognes, smelling the coffee beans in between each, and I liked this the best. *It reminds me of the beach for some reason.

Also, I saw that Abercrombie and Fitch discontinued Woods, which I planned on getting anyways since I smelled it a long time ago and really liked it. *I actually ordered a 1.7 oz. online just so I could have it around, the 3.4 oz was already sold out. *So now I have two great scents, Woods seems like a more winter fit and Cool Water for spring and summer. *They both seem like outdoorsy colognes which fits me personally. *If anyone has any suggestions, or maybe something that would work for nights out on the town thatd be great!

Default Re: First Post, First Scent Cool Water Deep

Welcome Dooly, sounds like your off to a good start but with this website it NEVER stops, but you will be making educated buys and everyone is extremely helpful on here so enjoy your stay

Hi and welcome. For those nights you could try some oriental-ambery scents like Le Mâle, A*Men, Rochas Man and Jacomo or some oriental-spicy like Opium, Contradiction, Équipage or Egoïste. Just my 2 cents.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dooly,

Welcome to basenotes! It's good to have some young blood around here. ;D I own Cool Water Deep and enjoy it on occasion. It beats the original in my opinion. The more you read here, the more you will learn. I also would suggest heading to the Sale and Swap section to try some decants. There are many excellent sellers there and your wallet will appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dooly
    I probably went through 30 or so colognes
    The more you smell, the more you learn. Your tastes will evolve, so give it some time and then come back to these 30 scents again. You'll be surprised when your opinion of them changes. In the meantime, try and test the rest of the fragrances in the store.

Welcome to Basenotes *

Hey Dooly, welcome to the madness,

Good choice, Cool Water Deep is a much more refined version of the original, I like the spiciness of it, and enjoying my own bottle as well. Once you start finding out which notes make an impression on you, that's where the fun starts and begin building a wardrobe.

I however no longer own a wardrobe, but I could definitely open a fragrance department with what I own currently. Others here could even open a specialty store!

As I said, welcome to the madness!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Welcome aboard Dooly!