Code of Conduct

Default French cologne with a really wierd bottle?

I went to a frangrance store yesterday, and the SA recommended this one cologne. *I can't remember what name I was given for the cologne, but it was a French name, that I've never heard of before. *She said it was a top seller in France.

The bottle was really weird. *It was shaped like a microphone, kind of like Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur, with the sprayer on the narrow end. *Another weird thing about it, was there was a little sort of stand/base that came with it, or at least I think it came with it. *When it was in display, the bottle was upside down (sprayer side down) and it was sitting in the stand, almost like someone charging up an electric shaver. *I think the bottle was clear, and the liquid was yellow.

The smell was alright, a little bit woody, a little bit sweet, nothing really significant.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this type of cologne, and whether this really is a top selling french cologne. *I'm a bit skeptical, as this shop is pretty shady.

Default Re: French cologne with a really wierd bottle?

It might be Rochas Man.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hmm, it's not Rochas Man, but it looks similar to it. *But instead of the narrow end pointing upwards, the wide end is pointing upwards, like a microphone.

I should have read your post slower. I didn't notice "clear bottle" and "yellow liquid"

I have no clue...
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Sounds very strange, indeed. I gave this a LOT of thought, and I still can`t put my finger on anything. I just wish someone would make a suggestions, before I actually go nuts by trying to solve this out.

:

you could call the store and ask...

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Quote Originally Posted by Playaski
    I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this type of cologne, and whether this really is a top selling french cologne. *I'm a bit skeptical, as this shop is pretty shady.
    My bet is that the SA was doing the usual b.s. routine. I could be wrong but if it's a top seller in France, I'm sure one of us here would know about it.

The only one that comes to my mind is Full Choke by Smalto, but that one looked like a willy...

http://www.perfumeshopping.com/fullc...co-smalto.html

Ok, on this picture it looks square, but on some pics it does look rather odd.

Hope this is the one you are thinking of!
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Has anyone tried Full Choke!? It looks really interesting to me. :-/
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    The only one that comes to my mind is Full Choke by Smalto, but that one looked like a willy...

http://www.perfumeshopping.com/fullc...co-smalto.html

Ok, on this picture it looks square, but on some pics it does look rather odd.

Hope this is the one you are thinking of!

Well that gets my vote for best Bottle Design EVER! ;D ;D
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

It would be interesting to see how somebody holds that bottle......... :
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Okay, I went again today and I found out what it was.

It's called "200 miles an hour" or "200 miles per hour", by Jean Louis (sp?). *And the bottle is designed like a car's gear shift. *I tried to do a google search, but nothing came up. *Has anyone heard of this cologne, or designer? *

I think that may have been total bs about it being a top seller in France. *Probably some sort of knock off company or something.

i've seen references to a frag called "200 mph", but it's by pierre laussey.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Well, either I remembered the wrong name, or the SA gave me the wrong name. *I did a search for Pierre Laussey, and I found the cologne in a french ebay page. *Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/PARFUM-PIERRE-LAU...QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe the SA wasn't b.s.ing, and in fact this is a popular fragrance in France?

Hmmm....very interesting!! It's like a true rendering of a gear shift lever, whereas the DK Men and Unleaded are, shall we say, "conceptual."

Hey, at least they didn't design it like a steering wheel!!

;D ;D ;D