Code of Conduct

Default Is Eau D'Hadrien Appropriate For Men?

Hi, is Annick Goutal EDH an appropriate fragrance for men? I love it, however it seems as though they market themselves primarily to women, and I've seen women say that it's really a women's fragrance. Your thoughts? Also, having developed a mild allergy to fragrances with a lot of chemicals, I read with interest that Ms. Goutal used few chemicals, if any at all, when she owned the house. Do you know if this is still the case? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Eau D'Hadrien Appropriate For Men?

yep. it is sold to both sexes. the curvy bottle is "for women" and the rectangular bottle is "for men". same juice either way.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Yes, I can confirm its suitability for men. There's nothing overly feminine about it.

As an aside, I wouldn't worry too much about gender division when it comes to perfume, just wear what you like & let your nose be your pilot, its always the best judge...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Tom Cruise sure thinks so. One of his favorites!!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Q

Yep!

It will only last about an hour on either sex ;D

Thanks for your feedback. Any suggestions for reputable Internet sources for Annick Goutal? Thanks!

Actually its funny you mention Hadrien.

After last night's date in which i wore Dior's Eau Noire, *I woke up this morning and needed a quick refresher (since last night was spend drinking, smoking and making out). *I just grabbed for the nearest sample of whatever...it turned out to be Hadrien Absolute. *Very nice. *A simple floral citrus scent, but very clean and fresh. *It didn't last long but it was a good pick-me-up until I could get a shower.

I find it only slightly feminine, but still very much unisex. *I've tried the regular version, but I think the Absolute version is better; it seems to have a little more of an iris character.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

If you have allergies .... try Gendarme

l'eau d'hadrien is very appropriate as a male fragrance

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the scent sold in the women's section of a major local department store labelled "Eau de Hadrian" is a female scent: evidence - it smells like lots of female scents on the market, and doesn't smell like any men's scents on the market. Also, I don't think a major national retailer that makes a fortune from selling such scents, would be so at variance from the target market that it is trying to sell to.

When my ladyfriend was testing it out for possible purchase, she was amazed when I told her people on Basenotes thought it was appropriate for men. She thought it was unambiguously a feminine scent.

Perfume World lists the following,
    Eau de Hadrian Men - "Fresh Citrus(Lemon) Cypress" and
    Eau de Hadrian Women - "Basil Citrus Herbal Ylang-ylang Sweet".

Are there two scents, or only one scent with totally different descriptions?
    Renato

The scent is unisex and is the same for men and women. Only the bottles are differend and it comes in two perfume concentrations, the edt and the edp (absolue) version.

Post Thanks / Like

It strikes me as being very unisex the same way Eau Sauvage does. Eau d'Hadrien is one of my favorites for hangovers.
    ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Eau d'Hadrien certainly is appropriate for this man.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Absolutely! It is, after all, the lemon drop cousin of Dior's Eau Savage. The reason I bought it was I smelled Eau Savage on a guy, couldn't get it at Nordstrom's that day, so on impule bought Eau de Hadrien. I now wear the two together sometimes in the summer. Hadrien is one of those versatile scents, worn anywhere at any time it is always appropriate & fresh.