Code of Conduct

Default Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street

I took a quick trip into Nordstroms tonight and stopped by the fragrence counter (what else is new) and smelled 99, Regent Street.

Right away I thought it smelled familiar. I sprayed a little on my hand and it was still familiar. When it dried down the familiarity was still there. It smelled a lot like...GIT!

I know, I know...Curve smells like GIT, Cool Water smells like GIT, Floris J.F. smells like GIT. It's top notes were a little more floral than GIT and the dry down isn't quite as dark. Of course it wasn't an exact match but it did have quite a bit of the complexity of GIT lacking in Curve and Cool Water (I haven't smelled J.F.).

This is the first fragrence similar to GIT that I would consider getting in place of GIT.

I also remeber sampling Hugh Parsons Blue a few months ago and thinking it smeled like a more citrusy version of Imperial.

Default Re: Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street

The name of this scent always amuses me. 99 Regent Street in London is actually an Indian restaurant.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Nordstrom's you say? I'll have to check it out, as I have Hugh Parsons Blue in my collection and really like it (in fact, I reviewed it).

BTW, a very nice take on GIT is Chez Bond by Bond No. 9. A kinder, gentler GIT, so to speak.

Please, go test it!

I'm curious to see if anyone else agrees with my take on this.

How long does it last compared to GiT? Does it smell like the Cool Water part of GiT or the drydown of GiT? In your opinion is it better then GiT?

I might visit Regent Street to try it.

Thanks
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    I took a quick trip into Nordstroms tonight and stopped by the fragrence counter (what else is new) and smelled 99, Regent Street.

Right away I thought it smelled familiar. I sprayed a little on my hand and it was still familiar. When it dried down the familiarity was still there. It smelled a lot like...GIT!

I know, I know...Curve smells like GIT, Cool Water smells like GIT, Floris J.F. smells like GIT. It's top notes were a little more floral than GIT and the dry down isn't quite as dark. Of course it wasn't an exact match but it did have quite a bit of the complexity of GIT lacking in Curve and Cool Water (I haven't smelled J.F.).

This is the first fragrence similar to GIT that I would consider getting in place of GIT.

I also remeber sampling Hugh Parsons Blue a few months ago and thinking it smeled like a more citrusy version of Imperial.

I've just returned from Nordstom's with, among other things, a bottle of 99 Regent Street.

It does indeed remind me of Green Irish Tweed--less harsh, with a more dry herbal base. I am also reminded a bit of another favorite of mine: Paco Rabanne XS, but minus the Himalaya opening....

I actually smelled it again 2 days ago since my original testing.

I didn't think it smelled quite as close to GIT as I originally thought. I still got a strong Creed "signature" from it, like it could ahve been made by Creed.

All in all, a very good fragrence. Since I just got a couple of Nordstroms gift cards, I may have to own it.

Don't quite get the GIT comparison, but superb scent. Very green herbal and aromatic, well made.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust