Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know how many sprays are in a....

Does anyone know how many sprays are in a standard 3.4. oz. cologne bottle?

Default Re: Does anyone know how many sprays are in a....

Impossible question to give an accurate answer too. Atomizers are different and they don't give out the same amount of spray. Not even one atomizer give out the exakt amount with each use. Take a full bottle and make a mark on the wall each time you spray it. My question would be: why you want to know? 8-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I'd like to know so as to estimate how long a bottle of cologne would last me based upon average daily sprays. Thanks for the input.

I've read somewhere and it's possible it mighta been on here but i read that 100ml(3.4oz) has bout 600 sprays and a 50ml would have 300, i'm not sure how accurate that is cuz i've never kept count but it sounds somewhat reasonable

3-6 months is generally the standard, if you use it daily. If it's the only one you use, than try using it every day and see how long it takes to knock it off and that's your answer. I'm sure it would be a different time than for me, or for someone else.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm decanting I usually count the number of sprays it takes. To fill a 10ml bottle - It takes me anywhere from 75 to 110 sprays to get 10ml. I've never had anything outside this range yet. What numbers are you guys getting?

On a side note - the Frederic Malle 5ml samples atomizers really give off alot - I get about 15 sprays only.

GIVEN THE VARIED NATURE OF SPRAY MECHANISM AND THEIR OUTPUT, I'D SAY ANYWHERE FROM 750 TO 1,000 SPRAYS. MY FIGURES ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF SPRAYS IT TAKES, ON AVERAGE, TO FILL A 10ml DECANT. MY EXPERIENCE AND NUMBERS ACCORD WITH JOHNNY_V'S.

/me

My 50ml bottle of Hanea Mori is already at 75% and I only used for about 30-35 sprays, too much juice comes out from one spray of hanea mori. *A*Men 50ml I used over 40 sprays and it is at 90%.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

It's about time someone answered this with an approximate answer. Your comments was the best and most informative of all the posts. It varies on the bottle, but we all wanted someone to give an approximate number. Thanks for doing that. I personally think it's a good curiosity question. Good job. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

whatever the time period is, a long long time. Especially if you have a lot of cologne to cycle through, but even using it daily i'd imagine at least half a year or so.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the sprayer, some deliver soo much that the perfume runs in your skin with just one spray, some so little your skin does not even get wet no matter how much you spray. Some create a huge and wide cloud, some just spit the perfume in a liquid jet, etc. It varies so much that it is imposible to predict how many sprays there is in a bottle until yo see the kind of spray that particular bottle delivers, but on the average I would say about 10 sprays per mL, or 300 sprays per oz.

Roughly 600-1200 sprays, depending on the atomizer. Wide range but its to give you an idea. Most of my bottle have been in the 800 range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mboone1224 View Post
    It's about time someone answered this with an approximate answer. Your comments was the best and most informative of all the posts. It varies on the bottle, but we all wanted someone to give an approximate number. Thanks for doing that. I personally think it's a good curiosity question. Good job. Lol.

On average, in standard sprayers there's about 10 to 12 sprays per ml.
    So that's 1000 to 1200 sprays in a 100ml bottle.

This issue came up here once before when I took the trouble to spray scents from various bottles into a graduated pipette. I posted the results here, but can't find them. I recollect that Creed bottles put out more scent per spray, so that they were around 8 or 10 sprays per ml. And I think the older Boss bottles were also very generous in their sprays. On the other hand, smaller 30 ml bottles with smaller nozzles may have been at 15 sprays per ml.

If you can find my post (since I have great difficulty getting the search function to work) you will get more accurate figures than my figures from memory above.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 10th March 2011 at 03:56 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    Roughly 600-1200 sprays, depending on the atomizer. Wide range but its to give you an idea. Most of my bottle have been in the 800 range.
    Do you keep count?

There's no way to estimate because atomizers are so different. I have bottles that spray out 1ml every 3 sprays, and others that take 10 sprays.... that's anywhere from 300 to 1000 sprays. I've made samples from hundreds of bottles and I don't think I've ever had 1ml take more then 10-12 sprays.

I'm interested - why would someone want to know? Curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

GIVEN THE VARIED NATURE OF SPRAY MECHANISM AND THEIR OUTPUT, I'D SAY ANYWHERE FROM 750 TO 1,000 SPRAYS. MY FIGURES ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF SPRAYS IT TAKES, ON AVERAGE, TO FILL A 10ml DECANT. MY EXPERIENCE AND NUMBERS ACCORD WITH JOHNNY_V'S.

/me
    This is a very interesting answer.....And I feel that this makes sense.....Thanks Sentemental.....Gary

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hilarious article! And the comments below are fun too.
    Happy spraying everyone!!

I just had 3 bonus shots of Sycomore, while the previous ones hadn't even faded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Informer View Post
    If it's the only one you use, then try using it every day and see how long it takes to knock it off and that's your answer.
    Definitely one way to go.