Code of Conduct

Default Creed Original Vetiver

My friend is in love with Creed's Original Vetiver, and I quite like it too, but neither of us can afford the Creed price tag. Are there any fragrances that are similar?

Default Re: Creed Original Vetiver

Mugler Cologne is very similar on the top notes but dries down differently. You can get Original Vetiver for a decent price on ebay or perfume-bay.com
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

A lot of people on here compare it to Mugler Cologne. I find OV to be much more complex, refined scent. I also have longevility problems with MC.

I own both and IMO Orginal Vetiver is much better. I almost never wear the Mugler anymore since I got OV. As already mentioned, there are good deals on ebay or you might check some of the discount net shops for a tester. You should be able to pick one up for about $50.

OV is in a class by itself IMO. CbyM is a mere shadow of the Creed frag. There is a reason it costs more .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

If you like the soap aspect of OV than purchase Mugler. However, if you enjoy the grassy scent, than Guerlin's Vetiver may be the thing for you. It is very masculine, and takes itself seriously. Oh, and it lasts much longer than Creed OR Mugler. :P