Code of Conduct

Default Nina Ricci Phileas

I posted this on the temporary board but so ecstatic about my great find, I decided to post it back here on the main board too! Found and bought last weekend... Went to this obscure perfume shop, and there, in an old crappy showcase, a bunch of dusty unboxed testers - Looking around, I saw much of the same, when out of the blue I see the tall shaped bottle of a Nina Ricci - On closer look at the gold top, it was a Phileas tester, NEW! I asked if I could try it, they reluctantly agreed, citing it was an old bottle they didn't have a box for - getting ready to put up a bargaining fight of my life, as clearly they didn't know what it was, I calmly said 'oh, that's ok, just looking for something cheap and different'... $40 later, I'm out of the store with a basically new bottle of Nina Ricci Phileas... wow.

Default Re: Nina Ricci Phileas

Great score! I love Phileas, and would have done the same thing. Few scents actually lead with a celery note, and Phileas is the best of them!

Jeff

I told this in temporary board, and I tell it once again: Great catch, indeed. Enjoy!

Ric, that's so awesome....I just scored a bottle too!

I bought a NIB bottle from a seller on ebay a few weeks ago. He asked for $60.00 but I negotiated him down to $50.00.

I've only worn it once but my intial impressions were very good. It's in the "heavy oriental" vein of Chanel PM, Tiffany, Nino Cerruti, etc.--at least to me--and wears very nicely.

The fact that it's impossible to find only made it more alluring to me!

it's interesting how I play between the different perceptions one could derive from this scent.. While the celery top note is so striking, it is so rich of the typical base notes of an impeccable quality perfume. The celery notes do wonders to the almost Yatagan-like woods in this scent - the funny thing is, that it always stays so cold and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    it's interesting how I play between the different perceptions one could derive from this scent.. While the celery top note is so striking, it is so rich of the typical base notes of an impeccable quality perfume. The celery notes do wonders to the almost Yatagan-like woods in this scent - the funny thing is, that it always stays so cold and dry.

Excellent description Ric. Right on the money. I would just add that it also, always, as far as I can remember, stays sharp and astringent. It's a remarkable fragrance. It was one of my signature fragrances when it came out in mid 1980s if I remember correctly.

/me

got mine just 2min ago on ebay, 50ml bottle, not used, £19, not bad i'd say. the only thing is, no box, but can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    got mine just 2min ago on ebay, 50ml bottle, not used, £19, not bad i'd say. the only thing is, no box, but can't really complain.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    lol, thank you

Great find!