Code of Conduct

Default State of your Wardrobes (new houses, etc.)...

And now, for my first-annual State of the Wardrobe address...

Over the past few months, my wardrobe was constantly in flux. I said both "hi" and "bye" to L'Instant, Lolita, Le Male, and Bvlgari Aqva. I finally got Burberry Brit, I scored a Bvlgari PH gift set for $27, and I tested some Bond No. 9 scents.

But there's some big news that broke recently. Hell hath froze over for this Mugler maniac...I'm actually starting to broaden my reach. Don't get me wrong: I still love Mugler scents, but my horizons are expanding. Still, I'm starting to wear my other smellies more often...my SOTD is SMW.

New houses have been added to my collection: a Lauder men's scent collection from my friends arrived last week, and a nice bottle of CdG 2 Man is on the way (hence my new photo and signature). There's still plenty of room to discover: In 2006, I will try my best to test at least one scent each from L'Artisan, MPG, Caron, Lutens, and the CdG parfumsPARFUMS series.

And the state of your wardrobes, please?
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: State of your Wardrobes (new houses, etc.)...

My wardrobe, once constantly expanding with newer additions, has come to a sputtering halt.

I've been spending my money elsewhere these past few months, especially on pricey clothing for some reason.

So right now I'm on a break... ;D
    I'm actually vowing not to buy more than two new bottles next year, I really don't need that much. Once in a while I should treat myself, but it shouldn't be an obsession, which it was a few months ago.

Speaking of CdG 2Man, have you tried it yet? You seem pretty excited by it, I hope it won't leave a bad impression when you smell it. It happened with me the first time, but it grew on me in just a day. Dry, sharp, and bold, it's a great night scent. I can't help but think of me in NYC, with a suit, along with a gorgeous girl by my side on a winter evening (but we're inside.) And to add more of this randomness, I also think of browns...

Default Re: State of your Wardrobes (new houses, etc.)...

I thought I would never get into niche fragrances because I once considered them overpriced scents aimed at fragrance "elitists". However, I've been exploring a lot of them lately especially L'artisan, Diptyque, Comme des Garcons, and Etro. I couldn't resist being curious about them after reading all the reviews in the directory. While they will never replace my beloved designer scents, I now understand why many people here are big fans of them.