Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Lotion causes problems?

As you already know, many men's fragrances also have an aftershave/face lotion that comes with it. What should I know about these face lotions? Because of the contained alchohol in the fragrance, wouldn't that irritate my skin, and eventually lead to breakouts? Are there any downsides attached to these lotions?

Default Re: Fragrance Lotion causes problems?

I've yet to find a fragrance lotion that actually does a good job of what it's intended to do. Whenever I use them, they merely sit on top of my skin and do not really do a great job in the moisturizing department. They don't necessarily dry your skin out, but I find that my skin doesn't absorb them quite well. They do however make you smell good, but then again isn't that what is EDT is for? I'm sure the more top-notch companies make better lotions but as for Tommy Hilfiger and Liz Claiborne, I would advise against using them.

I think there's a bigger risk of the perfume oils irritating your skin than the alcohol. I never use them. Besides they rarely smell like the real juice.

Most of the lotions/balms are pretty light on the alcohol...if it is even in there at all. Gendarme's lotion has alot of alcohol but even that is fine on my sensitive skin.
    Greasy lotions cause me more problems that alcohol laden ones.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"