Code of Conduct

Default Bleecker St - I like it!

This is the first time I've started a thread in a while. Bond No. 9 recently sent me a gift; they actually sent me an ounce of their new scent Bleccker St. It was a very pleasant surprise, as I was not expecting to be able to try Bleccker St. I received two half ounce Bond No. 9 bottles of it.

When I first tried it, I was a little surprised by the amount of Citrus. I had read reports of it being gourmand and rich, but what I was smelling, upon application, was citrusy and almost marine, which isn't quite my bag of tea. It started to develop very quickly, though; it didn't take long before the citrusy, lime like top notes segued into something akin to Hane Mori HM. It's difficult to explain, but it smells as though there is a Gourmand accord deep inside Bleecker St; you can smell it, but it never truly reveals itself, even in the drydown. I think my comparison between HM and Bleecker St is because of that facet. As Bleecker St dries down, a smooth woody accord reveals itself more and more, but throughout the drydown, Bleecker St always leans toward the fresh side, and as a result, a very nice balance is struck.

I don't usually give fragrances of this sort excellent reviews, but Bleecker St is beautifully composed. It's an interesting, safe, and alluring fragrance. I'm glad I have an ounce.

Cheers.

Default Re: Bleecker St - I like it!

Jules, I'm always taken by your reviews and descriptions. I too loved Bleecker St, a love that parallel yours with Hanae Mori. It is a fantastic scent.

The big question is: how did you get Bond No 9 to send you a gift? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile
    Jules, I'm always taken by your reviews and descriptions. I too loved Bleecker St, a love that parallel yours with Hanae Mori. It is a fantastic scent.

Those cards you fill out when you buy a retail Bond No. 9 fragrance. I didn't know what they did, at first, but I am glad I sent mine in! I am not sure if they send you all their new releases, or just the most recent release after your purchase, though. I can't wait to wear this one during Spring; I think it'd shine beautifully in the Spring.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Isn't this the one that smells pretty close to RL Purple Label?

-T-

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile

Another big question is; How did get TWO half ounce bottles?

I received one half ounce bottle of both Hamptons (after it first came out) and Bleeker Street this past Saturday. People can say what they will about Bond 9 not being very original, but they have top notch customer service.

I also think Bleeker Street is very nice.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I got a sampler of GIT from creedirect (Bond's Ebay retailer) and they send me 3 samples (Hamptons, Chez Bond, and New York). I loved Chez Bond, Hamptons was OK, New York had a terrible top note [smelled like Cornchips initially but improved quicker] but had good silage and dried down to a great light musk blend with vetiver. One of the bottles was actually quite large for a sampler (all said .57 oz I beleive the Chez was probably .75).

I was very disappointed with Bleecker St. I keep sampling it from my decant and it's just not doing it for me.

And so it goes ... I've yet to find a Bond No. 9 I like ...

Bleeker St is a nice scent. But aside from that, it has major longevity. I still have the tester strip from a month ago and I can still smell it. Not just a hint, but I can actually distinguish it unlike other old tester strips.

The topnotes were a bit sharp for my taste, but the drydown is nice and sweet. I believe caramel is listed as one of the basenotes if I'm not mistaken.

AWWWHH! I'm jealous IPaidForThisName, I was so hoping to get a sample from Luscious Cargo from my my last order, but they didn't deliver it to them at that time. Glad you're enjoying the full ounce of the stuff. I also like the thought of a suede note in the mix. Gotta find the stuff to sniff soon.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!