Code of Conduct

Default Hey ... good to be back!

Brrrrrr .... my withdrawals are calming down now ... Oooooh ....

Default Re: Hey ... good to be back!

Very much so.

Not sure if everything is working yet. Havent even tested things like Wardrobes and Reiews and Member feedback, but I figured I'd just hoik the thing back up and mend it on the fly!

Gulp! More coffee!!

Thanks a lot Grant. The site seems much faster and more fluid like you mentioned... or maybe it's because only ziff, you, and I are on here .

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile
    Thanks a lot Grant. The site seems much faster and more fluid like you mentioned... or maybe it's because only ziff, you, and I are on here .
    It should be faster as it is now on a dedicated server, whereas before it was on a shared server (with other people's websites)

But it could just be cos no-one is on here at the momemnt!

Hey everybody!

I didn't realize how much I missed Basenotes until right now when I came by and saw that it was up

I'm all ;D

I SURVIVED!!!

I really missed basenotes ;D

LOL ... I just realized I was on time for work the past 10 days we were offline ...

A new record for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes
    [quote author=scentophile link=1135065435/0#3 date=1135066148]Thanks a lot Grant. The site seems much faster and more fluid like you mentioned... or maybe it's because only ziff, you, and I are on here .
    It should be faster as it is now on a dedicated server, whereas before it was on a shared server (with other people's websites)

But it could just be cos no-one is on here at the momemnt![/quote]
    Congrats Grant!!!
    It seems you've done such a great work! It's really faster now!

GnuGnuAntiloop

Thanks Grant for all your efforts to bring us back together again. I've missed you guys and gals soooo much!!!

With huge hughs to you all,
    -Tero-

Thanks for the great work! Love to be back here.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Good work Grant. I love seeing the board online again.

Now I can look forward to Christmas - great to be back

Absence makes the heart go fonder, during the interim I visited shavemyface.com which is a good site in its own right & I learnt a couple of things, but I didn't get as much love as we get over here in basenotes.net.

Thanks Grant for all your hard work, welcome back my fellow basenoters!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Boy, how I've missed this!
    It feels like getting close to a warm fireplace after a night out in the cold ;D
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Thanks tons, Grant! Marvellous job!

Imagine, there was nothing to read on the whole Internet while the board was not functioning. Absence did not make the heart go wander in my case either.

Nice to see everybody too!

Great to have this place back on the track!

Great work all you guys ,who worked on improving the site

Yahoo!!!......Bravo!!!! Basenotes is banging again and the family is happy......

Well it's good to see that no one slashed their wrists, went a drinking binge, had hallucinations or clicked into Basenotes 500 times in a day to see if it was up and running...ya right........lolololololol..ahahahaahahah

Grant...Kudos to you once again....I did discover one thing during the somewhat hiatus...I do have a life outside of notes...............

Seasons Greetings to you all.

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Hooray! *grovels before Grant* No more injecting Chergui to keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay.

Can it be? It's back?...Yes! Yes! Yes! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow that was really painful and i don't even post that much i can't imagine what it was like for you guys

I was worried sick for a while with all those delays getting the new server up and running...I really missed all you guys (and gals). But, a TV news anchorman in Houston, TX (Marvin Zindler of KTRK-TV ABC13) once said that "...computers make mistakes. And computers are people. And that's why they put erasers on pencils."

Anyhoo, now that we're back, we can just start sniffin' again like we always have.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

During the withdrawal stage, I tried several things to keep my addiction going.

First, I decided to sniff around at Von Maur here in the Fort. Not much new except Canali, and they didn't even have a tester!

Next, I started going to the mailbox every day to make sure my swap with ilnaso arrived safely despite technical dificulties. (It did.)

And finally, I got a hoot out of the Nordstrom website's "live beauty chat". I told them that I liked the Mugler scents, so first they suggested Canali, which I've been wanting to try for some time anyway. Then, they suggested Kenneth Cole Signature (yecch), but before the Web page could load, MS Internet Exploder malfunctioned. I guess even computers don't like Kenneth Cole Signature...

Now, what should I wear for SOTD to celebrate? Decisions, decisions...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

hey there,hi there,ho there,now we are all happy as can be.

Thanks for all your hard work Grant!

Theres no other fragrance websites like this one!

I'd like to also jump on here and give Thanks to Grant. *He is Teh BaseNotes!
    ;D

The site goes down the day I received my first blind bottle of A*Men and I so wanted to let y'all know how wonderful this frag is to me. Well, after I got past the horrid top notes and into its base notes. Just so damn good I can't explain it.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

It certainly is good to be back.

What I realized while Basenotes was down:

(1) To paraphrase T. S. Eliot: "Basenotes is a still point in a turning world".

(2) The World Wide Web is a lonely and less congenial place without Basenotes.

(3) Grant deserves our eternal gratitude and a lot more. I would gently encourage those who can to consider becoming a Basenotes Supporting Member.

Many, many thanks Grant for your very hard and selfless work and for always striving to make Basenotes better.

Greetings and best regards to you and to all,

scentemental

This new dedicated server ROCKS! Thanks Grant.

Great job Grant, good to see everybody back again.

To be honest, I actually forgot about cologne these past 2 days. Didn't even wear anything. I guess my passion is fueled by the community here.

Ditto to all the other posts; it's good to get back with my peeps here in the Community!
    There is no Nose....

WOW, I just got on after not being online for 3 days, good to be back. Ready to start posting again.

Grant Osbourne: Forever THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo nice to be back...........Feels like a beautiful reunion!!

As Johnny Bravo (of Cartoon Network fame) would say........

COME ON, DO DA MONKEY WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, OK........You'd hafta see the opening credits of the show to understand!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Internet was boring in the last few days...it seems like ages....

thanks for bringing the web back to life ;D.......viva basenotes

Thank you Grant, bye all.

I wish you ALL the best in the future, in finding your holy grail of fragrance and fulfulling your true passions in life.

Wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Thank you Grant, bye all.

I wish you ALL the best in the future, in finding your holy grail of fragrance and fulfulling your true passions in life.

Wedge.
    Are you leaving us, Wedge?