Code of Conduct

Default lanvin arpege ph and herrera chic

Hi all, I have a question. Yesterday I sniffed these two scents in a shop and one was a citrusy sweet thing , another was somewhat dark, leathery, sweet gourmand-like thing. I like the latter but now I cannot remember which is which. : So pls help me out. Any other input regarding these scents is also welcome.

Default Re: lanvin arpege ph and herrera chic

I haven't sampled Arpege, but I know that Chic is not close to being gourmand. It's the citrus scent.

Then it must be the Argepe. It not really that dark or exactly gourmand, only relatively darker and woody. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Sorry if my first response was not very descriptive. I looked further into Arpege and it turns out that it is an anise-based scent so that means that it has a sweet "liquorice" quality to it. That may explain the gourmand-like notes you perceived while testing. It also has heavy woods and spices so it is darker than a typical citrus scent. I'm confident that the "dark, leathery, sweet gourmand-like" scent that you are looking for is indeed Arpege.

Cheers

I don't detect any anise or liquorice note in Arpège PH, but it isn't definitely citrusy!
    • Top notes: pink pepper, bitter orange and neroli (like the feminine launched in the 20's)
    • Heart notes: iris, jasmine, maté, nutmeg
    • base notes: Snadalwood, vanilla, ambery woods

I tryed only once but liket it... maybe I'll but it in the future. I think it will become a new classic. It has a classic scent structure but with a modern twist. Also the package is a true bridge between tradition and futurible design: it reminds the mythical black bowl but encapsulated in modern shades and transparencies. definitely not so dark but surely mysterious
    I think the citrusy one you tryed was the more easier, citrusy-tobaccoish herrera chic.